Odpowiedz w temacie  [ Posty: 21 ]  Przejdź na stronę 1, 2, 3  Następna
day. Altuve greeted Dan Otero with 
Autor Wiadomość

Odpowiedz z cytatem
Worcester, MA (SportsNetwork.com) - Holy Cross football will seek to reverse three straight losing seasons in an 11-game 2015 schedule announced on Monday. The Crusaders, who last had a winning season in 2011, finished 4-8 this season, including 2-4 in the Patriot League. Their 2015 schedule features six home games at Fitton Field: against Patriot League opponents Colgate (Sept. 26), Lafayette (Oct. 24) and Georgetown (Nov. 21), and non-league opponents Albany (Oct. 3), Brown (Oct. 10) and Bryant (Oct. 31). Coach Tim Gilmores squad is expected to return 15 out of its 22 starters, led by a pair of All-Patriot League selections in quarterback Peter Pujals and wide receiver Jake Wieczorek. 2015 Holy Cross Football Schedule Sept. 5, at Monmouth Sept. 19, at Towson Sept. 26, Colgate* (Homecoming) Oct. 3, Albany Oct. 10, Brown Oct. 17, at Fordham* Oct. 24, Lafayette* Oct. 31, Bryant Nov. 7, at Lehigh* Nov. 14, at Bucknell* Nov. 21, Georgetown* * - Patriot League game Reggie Jackson Jersey . "I wasnt waving the pom-poms to be involved with it to start with," Carlyle said after a 5-2 win over Carolina on Sunday night. "Its been a trying time. "Specifically we havent played as well as wed like to hang our hat on. Jon Leuer Jersey . Johan Franzen had two goals and two assists, Gustav Nyquist a goal and three assists and David Legwand a goal and two assists in the Red Wings 7-4 win over the New Jersey Devils. http://www.shoppistons.com/Cheap-Dennis ... ns-Jersey/. The Blue Jackets play Thursday night at New Jersey in their first game after the NHLs Olympic hiatus. A native of Trencin, Slovakia, Gaborik has represented his country at the 2006 and 2010 Olympics but was unable to play in Sochi because of his injury. Andre Drummond Jersey . Villar connected off Joe Saunders (11-14), sending a drive well over the left-field fence for his first career homer. The Astros scored six times in the first three innings to chase Saunders. Custom Detroit Pistons Jerseys . Groves signed with Cleveland as an unrestricted free agent last year after a season with Arizona. He was in the linebacker rotation and had a sack in the season opener against Miami. HOUSTON -- Collin McHugh has earned his spot in the Astros rotation. McHugh allowed two hits over 8 2-3 stellar innings as the Houston Astros beat the Oakland Athletics 5-1 on Sunday. McHugh (2-0), who was recalled from Triple-A Oklahoma City on April 22 to make a start after Scott Feldman had been placed on the disabled list, followed up his first outing where he struck out 12 and allowed three hits in 6 2-3 innings at Seattle on Tuesday with another dominant performance. "When we sent him out there in the ninth it was with the complete hope that he was going to be able to finish what he started," Houston manager Bo Porter said. "That was tremendous. Attacking the strike zone with all three of his pitches and to pitch that well against a really good hitting Oakland As lineup speaks volumes to Collin and the way he and (Carlos) Corporan worked today." McHugh struck out seven and walked three, allowing one run in the longest outing of his career. His previous longest outing had been seven innings on Aug. 23, 2012, against Colorado when he was a member of the New York Mets. "I actually wasnt even thinking about the hits," McHugh said. "I was more mad about the walks. I walked a couple guys early, and with this team, you cant really give them free base runners because anyone in that lineup can do damage to you. As I kind of got momentum, I started to roll with it, and it got easier to make pitches and kind of feel the flow and go with it." After the first, McHugh retired 23 of the next 24 batters, including 19 straight before Brandon Moss was hit by a pitch with two outs in the ninth. Moss stole second and came around to score on Alberto Callaspos single -- McHughs first run allowed in 15 1-3 innings this season. Porter said McHugh has "earned his keep". "I dont think he put us in a tough spot; I think he put himself in a really good spot," Porter said. "Performance pretty much speaks for itself. This guy has earned the right to get the ball the next turn." McHugh said he hadnt had a lot of consistent starts in his career, so to know he would get the ball again in five days felt nice. He became the first pitcher in Astros history go 6 2-3 innings or more while allowing one run or less with seven or more strikeouts in each of his first two starts as an Astro.dddddddddddd Raul Valdes got the final out to complete the two hitter. Jed Lowrie, who singled in the first inning, drew a walk in the third for McHughs lone base runner until the ninth. "He had a great cutter early on and was a little bit harder with his stuff early on," Oakland manager Bob Melvin said of McHugh. "Then coming back later in the game he mixed in his curveball better and his change-up. He really did keep us off balance." The right-hander, who Houston claimed off waivers from Colorado during the off-season, got out of trouble in the first after loading the bases with two outs with a walk to Callaspo by getting Josh Reddick to pop out to end the inning. Jose Altuve had two hits, including a two-run home run in the seventh, and Jonathan Villar also had two hits, including a two-run triple. Tommy Milone (0-2) allowed four runs on five hits with two strikeouts in 6 2-3 innings. The left-hander was just effective for most of the day, retiring 12 out of 13, including nine in a row, but he ran into trouble in the seventh. Villar extended the lead to 3-0 with a two-out, two-run triple to the left centerfield gap in the seventh, scoring Matt Dominguez and Carlos Corporan and ending Milones day. Altuve greeted Dan Otero with a two-run home run to the Crawford Boxes in left to up the lead to 5-0. Dexter Fowler gave the Astros a 1-0 lead in the third with a groundout scoring Villar, who had doubled with one out and reached third on an Altuve single. NOTES: Oakland outfielder Yoenis Cespedes was out of the lineup for the third straight game with a strained left hamstring. Cespedes left in the seventh inning of Oaklands 10-1 win over Houston on Thursday after legging out an infield single. ... Feldman, who has been on the 15-day disabled list retroactive to April 18 with right bicep tendinitis, threw Saturday and was fine and was on track to make his next scheduled start, manager Bo Porter said, adding that could be either May 3 or May 4. Feldman is eligible to come off the DL May 3. China Jerseys Wholesale Stitched Jerseys Jerseys NFL Cheap Wholesale Stitched Jerseys Cheap Jerseys From China Stitched NFL Jerseys NFL Jerseys China ' ' '

16 lip 2018, 06:36
Zgłoś ten post

Odpowiedz z cytatem
TORONTO - Toronto FC season-ticket-holders may be in for another break at the box office.If thats the case, Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment will be — temporarily at least — biting the bullet on $110 million in renovations to BMO Field.The bad news for our owners is were spending more money than weve ever spent, and by multiples and multiples, MLSE president and CEO Tim Leiweke said in an interview Tuesday. But we value the relationship with our season ticket-holders.We clearly understand they want us to make the playoffs and that has to be the goal around here. Were not backing down from that goal. And we also understand — I made it very clear when I began here — that we should be paid and we should ask for an increase based on how we do on the pitch. Thats all that matters.Were going to use that rule of thumb as we go forward here with our existing season ticket-holders.Toronto failed to deliver on Leiwekes playoff promise this season, finishing seventh in the Eastern Conference with an 11-15-8 record. The team has yet to make the post-season since joining MLS in 2007.The MLSE boss did not comment directly on pricing, saying an announcement would come soon.I think we have a relationship with our season ticket-holders that continues to grow, he said. And I think even though we didnt make the playoffs this year, the one thing they do appreciate about us is we are jumping back in the ring and staying in the fight and were going to win this fight. And I think they believe that. And so were not going to do anything to damage that relationship. This is a relationship based on integrity and communication and were going to try and keep that up.Prior to the 2013 campaign, Toronto rolled back season ticket prices to those of the clubs inaugural year in 2007 due to continued failure on the field. The franchise held the line on those prices for the 2014 season, even pushing back the payment date to allow fans to see some of the big-ticket off-season moves before committing.The signing of designated players Jermain Defoe, Michael Bradley and Gilberto helped push the number of season ticket-holders to a club-record 17,000 with a waiting list of 3,500.The MLS team drew 375,463 fans to BMO Field in 2014, up 30,928 over the previous franchise record of 344,535 set in 2011. This season TFC attracted 15 straight sellouts of 22,591 before attendance at the two final home games dropped to 18,269 and 18,329, respectively.The club drew 308,233 fans in 2013.Toronto averaged 22,086 a game this season, second only to the Seattle Sounders (43,734) and well above the league average of 19,147.The Vancouver Whitecaps averaged 20,408 (346,943 in total, fifth in the league) and Montreal 17,421 (296,159, 11th).———Follow @NeilMDavidson on Twitter Ray Allen Jersey . PETERSBURG, Fla. Oscar Robertson Bucks Jersey . Messier, who had been a special assistant to Rangers general manager Glen Sather, announced Thursday in a statement that he is resigning in order to "expand the game of hockey in the New York area by developing the Kingsbridge National Ice Center. http://www.basketballbucksauthority.com ... rsey-c-13/. Louis, MO (SportsNetwork. Vin Baker Bucks Jersey . The CFL club is making the move after holding its camp and regular-season practices at the University of Toronto campus in Mississauga, Ont. Thon Maker Jersey . - Anthony Beauvillier had the winning goal in the third period as the Shawinigan Cataractes edged the Rouyn-Noranda Huskies 2-1 on Wednesday in Quebec Major Junior Hockey League play.MELBOURNE, Australia - Roman Safiullin of Russia won the boys singles title and Slovakias Tereza Mihalikova won the girls singles title at the Australian Open on Saturday.Mihalikova won five consecutive games after Katie Swan took a medical timeout to beat the British player 6-1, 6-4.Top-seeded Safiullin broke Hong Seong-chans serve in the penultimate game of the opening set, then held his serve to clinch the set on his way to a 7-5, 7-6 (2) win over the South Korean.Safiullin also broke Hongs serve to open the second set, then dominated the tiebreaker and clinched the match when Hong hit a backland long.Swan left the court leading 3-0 in the second set and later received treatment for a right thigh injury. The 115-year-old Swan struggled after that and needed to save two match points in the ninth game.dddddddddddd Mihalikova, a 16-year-old member of Slovakias junior Fed Cup team, served out the match.When she went to the medical, I sat in the chair and said OK, Tereza, come on, win this in two sets, Mihalikova said. I started to believe in myself, and Im happy I did it.Swan, who is based in Wichita, Kansas due to her familys work commitments, had been badly hampered by muscle cramps in the third set of her 2 hour, 36-minute semifinal match on Friday.I didnt have much time to recover from yesterday, so I think that had something to do with my injury, Swan said. Unfortunately, not much I can do about it. China Jerseys Wholesale Stitched Jerseys Jerseys NFL Cheap Wholesale Stitched Jerseys Cheap Jerseys From China Stitched NFL Jerseys NFL Jerseys China ' ' '

16 lip 2018, 06:38
Zgłoś ten post

Odpowiedz z cytatem
TORONTO -- One major question mark from the Toronto Argonauts pre-season seems to have resolved itself -- thats the strength of the quarterbacks. Ricky Ray, Trevor Harris and Mitchell Gale all threw touchdown passes for Toronto as the Argos romped to a 41-23 victory over the Hamilton Tiger-Cats on Thursday, the CFL pre-season finale for both teams. Ray, the Argos star QB who set a CFL single-season completion record last year, played less than a quarter but was solid in his first game action this season. "I felt I was able to see things the way I wanted to," Ray said. "Last year I played an even shorter period of time (in the pre-season). I feel like things were pretty smooth for the most part, I felt like the speed of the game wasnt something I had to adjust to, so that was good. "I feel ready to go." Ray completed seven of nine pass attempts for 90 yards and a touchdown. Harris was 8-for-16 for 86 yards, one touchdown and an interception, while Gale was 10-for-11 for 131 yards and one TD. The game, played in front of a capacity crowd of 5,216 fans at a sun-drenched Varsity Stadium -- normally the home to the University of Toronto Varsity Blues -- marked the first meeting between the two teams since the Tiger-Cats ended the Argos 2013 season, with a 36-24 Eastern final victory. It was also the first time Ray and his Argos understudy last season Zach Collaros had faced each other since Collaros was released then signed as a free agent with Hamilton in the off-season. Collaros, the Tiger-Cats most significant off-season acquisition, completed 13 of 18 passes and threw for 196 yards and one touchdown. "Its tough not having him here, hes a good guy, good player," Ray said of his former teammte. "But its also exciting to see him get his chance and play. He played really well tonight and I think hes going to have a great year." Ray missed eight games last season to injury so having a competent quarterback behind him will be important. Harris appears ready to step into that role, with Gale and Casey Pachall waiting in the wings. The roster deadline for CFL teams is 11:59 p.m. on Saturday. "Its hard at this point, well have to go back home and watch the film but some guys certainly stepped up and did what they needed to do," said Argos coach Scott Milanovich. "So well have to see who those guys were and make some decisions (Friday) or Saturday." Milanovich was pleased with Gale, receiver Terrell Sinkfield, who caught five passes for 100 yards, running back Jeremiah Johnson, who scored on a 24-yard run, and the entire defensive line. The Argos had a whopping nine sacks on the night. "They put some pressure on the quarterback most of the night, and thats something were looking for. It was very good to see," Milanovich said. "Its a pre-season game, lets not overstate what it was, but it was good to see. It was good they were getting after him." Argos linebacker Shea Emry spent a good chunk of the first half on the trainers table, getting his hip stretched out. He never returned to the game, but said it was just normal tightness that comes from training camp. Emry enjoyed watching the strong play of the Argos defence from the sidelines. "Thats our defence, thats what we expect out of those guys," he said. "They went out and did their jobs, and the defensive backs were obviously doing their jobs, and it was fun to see those guys flying around." The game -- the final dress rehearsal for the real deal -- had the hard-hitting feeling of a regular-season affair. "I think some of that comes with momentum when you get a couple of big hits early, especially when youre getting after the quarterback, it kind of galvanizes the team and gets the blood flowing," Milanovich said. "There was a lot of jobs on the line tonight, those guys understood it. This is their last chance to prove they deserve to be here." Ticats kicker Justin Medlock had two field goals -- 40 and 49 yards -- and two converts. The Argos Swayze Waters kicked five converts, and Josh Jasper added field goals from 16 and 40 yards for Toronto. Ray played the first quarter and found Chad Owens over the middle for a 27-yard touchdown at 6:43. Tavoy Moore fumbled a punt return that bounced into the Ticats end zone at 3:17, and Jermaine Gabriel pounced on the ball for a second Toronto TD. The Argos led 14-3 to end the first quarter. Harris took over and marched the Argos 75 yards, throwing a two-yard touchdown pass to Jason Barnes at 11:08 of the second, and the Argos led 21-6. Luke Tasker scored Hamiltons first touchdown 58 seconds before halftime, catching a 48-yard pass from Collaros, and then a two-yarder to score and send the teams into the dressing room with Argos leading 21-13. The Argos went with Gale in the third, and he threw a 10-yard touchdown pass to Darvin Adams at 8:58, putting the home team up 28-13. With 2:13 left in the third, Johnson had a beautiful 24-yard run for a touchdown, making multiple Tiger-Cats defenders miss on his way to the end zone. That put Toronto up 35-13. Hamilton linebacker Abraham Kromah grabbed a deflected Pachall pass and ran six yards into the end zone to pull the Tiger-Cats to within 35-23 with four minutes to play. Sinkfield made a spectacular diving catch on a bomb from Pachall with 2:45 left to put Toronto within scoring distance, and Jasper connected on a 16-yard field goal to cap the series. The Argos were coming off a 24-22 victory over the Blue Bombers in Winnipeg a week earlier. The Ticats had beaten the Montreal Alouettes 28-23 in the exhibition opener for both those teams last Saturday. NOTES: The Argos open the 2014 season next Thursday at Winnipeg, while the Ticats are in Saskatchewan on June 29 to battle the Roughriders. Vadim Shipachyov Golden Knights Jersey . Nwaneri, who was born in Dallas and attended Naaman Forest High School in nearby Garland, Texas, tweeted, "Its official! Im coming home, Im coming home. William Karlsson Jersey . -- Kevin Stadler might be playing in the Masters for the first time, but hes already showing his old man a thing or two. http://www.goldenknightsproshop.com/. Johnson shared an update after his surgery Tuesday on Twitter. He also wrote, "now lets get on the grind." The running back told The Tennessean he was having surgery in Pensacola, Fla. Paul Thompson Golden Knights Jersey . At a news conference Tuesday where it was thought that the fiery Schallibaum may be shown the door after a dismal finish to the Major League Soccer season, team president Joey Saputo said no decision has been made on whether the Swiss Volcano will be back in 2014. Colin Miller Jersey . People familiar with the case told The Associated Press on Friday that arbitrator Fredric Horowitz could issue his decision this weekend.PARIS -- At last, Formula One has a heated rivalry again. Better still, its in the same team and there are 13 races left for it to develop. The dominance of Mercedes, which has swept all six races and all six pole positions so far, prompted fears that this season was becoming even more predictable than the last, when Sebastian Vettel won the final nine races and Red Bull crushed everyone. Then, at last weekends Monaco GP, a feud erupted out of nowhere between Mercedes drivers[url]Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg to add some[/url] much-needed spice to a dull campaign. Hamilton has won four races this season, but Rosberg captured Sundays race from pole for his second victory and reclaimed the overall championship lead with 122 points to 118 for his teammate. "Were fierce competitors, so you can never expect us to be best friends and compete as fiercely as we do," Hamilton said after the Monaco GP. "But I will try to remain respectful." Hamilton ignited the row by taking the brash step of publicly claiming that Rosberg, the son of former F1 champ Keke Rosberg, has less hunger than him after growing up in the luxurious environment of Monaco. Rosberg didnt respond to those claims verbally, but in the eyes of Hamilton he responded to them on the track by making a surprising last-gasp mistake in qualifying that led to a yellow flag. The session was abruptly halted, ending any hopes that Hamilton, at full throttle just behind, had of winning pole. The fallout escalated quickly. An incensed Hamilton insinuated that Rosberg -- cleared by stewards of any wrongdoing -- had done it on purpose, suggesting he would watch his own back the way the late Ayrton Senna did when he fell out with Alain Prost when they drove for McLaren in the late 1980s. With tensions running high, the two Mercedes drivers were not in the postt-qualifying team meeting together and were at opposite ends for the traditional pre-race jaunt around the circuit.dddddddddddd After Rosbergs win, there was no handshake from Hamilton, who came in second to give Mercedes a fifth straight 1-2 finish. There have been fiery team rivalries before, notably the one between Vettel and Mark Webber at Red Bull. That got very bitter, with each driver ignoring team orders to let the other one pass and making blunt comments about the other. But the crucial difference is that, apart from 2010 when Webber challenged for the title, the four-time defending champion Vettel was always winning. Relations were ice-cold, but there also seemed to be a mutual acceptance they would never get along and the professional working environment within Red Bull continued to operate smoothly. The matter is more delicate for Rosberg and Hamilton because theyve known each other for such a long time, racing karts against each other and even going on holiday together -- something that was never going to happen with Webber and Vettel, and even less so with Senna and Prost. Rosberg is less experienced than Hamilton, with five GP wins compared to Hamiltons 26, but the German has shown real consistency with top-two finishes in all six races. Hamilton would still be ahead, though, but for the engine failure that forced the British driver to retire in the season opener at Melbourne. That technical glitch, on what is the most reliable car in F1, likely still rankles him. After several frustrating seasons with McLaren, Hamilton has a great chance to win his second F1 title six years on. But standing in his way is his childhood friend. That relationship is going to be severely tested and the spotlight will be beaming straight in the face of both drivers at the Canadian GP in two weeks time. China Jerseys Wholesale Stitched Jerseys Jerseys NFL Cheap Wholesale Stitched Jerseys Cheap Jerseys From China Stitched NFL Jerseys NFL Jerseys China ' ' '

16 lip 2018, 06:39
Zgłoś ten post

Odpowiedz z cytatem
SAN FRANCISCO -- Rene Rivera remembers his last home run, three years ago next month at Oakland for the Minnesota Twins. His latest will certainly be memorable, too, and did plenty to give San Diegos inconsistent offence a boost. Rivera hit a go-ahead three-run homer in the fifth to follow his two-run double for a career-high five RBIs, single handedly backing Tyson Ross in the Padres 6-4 victory against the San Francisco Giants on Monday night. "Sooner or later our hittings going to come around," Rivera said. "We needed this one. Its a good feeling. Its good for the team." Ross (3-3) did just enough over 5 1-3 innings to beat the Giants for the second time in 11 days, allowing eight hits and four runs with four strikeouts and two walks. After Michael Morse put San Francisco ahead on two-run single in the fourth, Rivera answered with his first homer of the year. He hadnt driven in a run all season before Monday, and the five RBIs were most by a Padres player at 15-year-old AT&T Park. "We needed a game like that from one of our guys," manager Bud Black said. "Its been a long time coming. Weve had a hard time scoring runs in bunches." Brandon Hicks homered for the second straight day, following his walkoff a day earlier against Cleveland with a leadoff shot in the fifth. Hunter Pence hit an RBI triple in the fourth. First base umpire Angel Hernandez had two calls overturned by replay. Giants manager Bruce Bochy came out in the third to request a review after Hernandez called Xavier Nady safe on a close play at first. The umpiring crew overturned the call in 1 minute, 31 seconds. Hernandez was involved in another overturn in the fourth when Black requested a review. Ross was ruled thrown out by third baseman Pablo Sandoval. In 1:18, the call was overturned and Sandoval was charged with an error. Giants starter Madison Bumgarner (2-3) walked a season-high four, and his four earned runs matched his most of 2014. He didnt pitch into the sixth for the third time in his six starts and lost three straight outings for the first time since Aug. 25-Sept. 5, 2012. The Giants had won seven straight home games against the Padres started by the lefty. "I think its fair to say hes made a few more mistakes than were accustomed to," Bochy said. "A strange night. We just couldnt get it done." Ross, born in Berkeley and raised in Oakland, faced the minimum through three -- helped by double plays in the first and second then two strikeouts in the third. The right-hander pitched eight scoreless innings with nine strikeouts in his April 18 win against San Francisco at Petco Park as San Diego took two of three from its division rival. "Its always nice to come back home and get a win," Ross said. "The defence was great tonight and got me out of a couple jams, and the offence came to play." Alexi Amarista drove in an insurance run in the top of the ninth. Huston Street, San Diegos fourth reliever, then finished for his 10th save in as many tries and 35 of 36 dating to last May. He lowered his ERA to 0.82. NOTES: A moment of silence and a video tribute were held before the game for Hall of Fame Padres broadcaster Jerry Coleman, who died in January at 89. Another moment of silence was held for victims of the ferry disaster in South Korea as the Giants celebrated Korean Heritage Night. ... San Diego OF Seth Smith missed his third straight start as he nurses a strained groin sustained Thursday night against the Nationals. He could return this series. ... Chase Headley, out since April 25 with a strained right calf, is improving and took some swings in the indoor cage. ... Padres INF/OF Tommy Medica was recalled from Triple-A El Paso three days after being optioned and flying from Washington, D.C., to Sacramento. "Thats the Schwarzenegger special, Sacramento to D.C.," Black said of former Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger. Medica couldnt get off the plane in time Monday morning to avoid a trip to Los Angeles then a second flight back to San Francisco. He took the roster spot of INF Jedd Gyorko, who went on the paternity leave list. Clive Walford Jets Jersey . Solomon Elimimian did not make the trip with the team after suffering what appeared to be a right leg injury in the teams regular season finale against the Calgary Stampeders. Terrelle Pryor Sr. Jersey . Cleary also had two assists and Patrick Eaves added two goals for the Red Wings, who also ousted Phoenix in seven games during the first round of the 2010 postseason. Todd Bertuzzi had a goal and an assist for Detroit, which got a goal apiece from Tomas Holmstrom and Niklas Kronwall and suffered no shortage of offense despite the absences of Henrik Zetterberg and Johan Franzen. http://www.authenticjetsfootballonline. ... ts-jersey/. Hicham Khalouas late goal improved Almerias chances of avoiding relegation in a match dominated by contentious calls, including three penalties. One day after Barcelonas 4-3 win at Real Madrid featured three penalties, referees again dominated a wide-open game that saw Almeria ultimately move out of the relegation zone and one point ahead of Getafe which took its place. Nathan Shepherd Jets Jersey .C. -- Panthers wide receiver Steve Smith has been ruled out for Sundays game against the Atlanta Falcons. Cairo Santos Jets Jersey . The International Ice Hockey Federation says Pavlovs avoided a two-year sanction because he acted "without significant negligence in failing to verify the safety of the supplements he was taking. TORONTO -- Its a secret Hayley Wickenheiser could no longer hide. The Canadian womens hockey star helped Canada win gold at the Sochi Olympics despite playing with a broken foot. The 35-year-old native of Shaunavon, Sask., was sporting a walking boot on her left foot at the Hockey Hall of Fame on Tuesday, where she was a guest speaker at the second annual Gatorade High Performance Hockey Summit. "Ive had a broken foot for about a year now so Im trying to fix it," Wickenheiser said. "Im wearing this boot so I can avoid having that surgery, hopefully. "I knew it was broken at the time (of Olympics), we just found out it was a little more serious break than we thought. It was just managing the pain." Wickenheiser did a masterful job of hiding the injury. There was never a hint or mention of it prior to the Sochi Games or even after Canadas dramatic come-from-behind 3-2 overtime victory over the U.S. in the gold medal game. But in an Olympic year Wickenheiser simply didnt have the luxury of time to rest her foot, so she worked around it. With the national teams season over, shes had her foot in the boot for the last two weeks, with six more to go. "After the Olympics . . . its kind of perfect timing to rest the foot and just be able to get healthy again," she said. "I spent a lot of time on the bike versus running and did some work around trying to stabilize the foot. "My medical team was really good with treatments to keep the swelling down. I just did a lot of things on one leg and tried to minimize the pounding on my foot in order to be able to get through the games. Now Ive had the chance to see where the damage is and with a couple of months rest I should be fine. I wasnt able to rest it before." This isnt the first time Wickenheiser has endured pain. She played in the 2006 Olympics with a broken wrist but was still the tournaments top scorer and MVP. In 2008, Sports Illustrated included Wickenheiser on its list of the 25 toughest athletes. Ironically, skating wasnt painful for Wickenheiser because of the support the skate boot provided her injured foot. "It wasnt too bad," she said. "But the running and training we had to adjust." Wickenheiser had two goals and three assists in five games at Sochi but played a huge role in Canadas overtime victory in the gold medal game. Wickenheiser had a breakaway in the extra session but was taken down by American Hilary Knight. Instead of granting Wickenheiser a penalty shot, British referee Joy Tottman gave Knight a minor penalty. Marie-Philip Poulin, who forced overtime by scoring with 55 seconds remaining in regulation, had the power-play winner to give Canada its stirring comeback victory and fourth straight Olympic womens hockey crown. "It was a dramatic finish, probably one for the ages and something Canadians will never forget," Wickenheiser said. "I wont forget. "It mightve been the defining moment of the Games this go-around from what everybody has been telling me. When you step back and hear the stories about how it impacted Canada, it really was one for the ages." The Olympic ggold medal capped a tumultuous period for the Canadian team, which entered the Sochi Games with a new coach -- Kevin Dineen took over in December after Dan Church resigned -- and having lost four pre-tournament games to the rival Americans.dddddddddddd "It was a lot of adversity," Wickenheiser said. "Our theme changed from, Dig a little deeper, to Unity and adversity. I think that sums it up. "We had a lot of things to overcome as a team and I think the reason behind our success was we had resiliency and we had a lot of preparation leading up to that which gave us the opportunity to come back in that final game. We were mentally tougher than our opponent." Three days later, the Canadian men capped a hockey sweep, downing Sweden 3-0 in a gold-medal game that had nowhere the drama or intrigue of the womens finale. "I think theres no doubt were the best in the world in mens and womens hockey," Wickenheiser said. "People say, The mens was boring, but it was boring (because) they were so good and so prepared and they played unselfishly unlike other countries with superstars so they found a way to do it. "I think thats really the defining mark of Canadian hockey." And call Wickenheiser, Canadas flag-bearer at the opening ceremony in Sochi, a fan of hockey being played on the larger international ice surface. "I love it," she said. "For me, Id love to see the NHL on the bigger surface. "I think it would be amazing, I think it would be better hockey. Theres the talk that the trap would be easier to play on the big surface but I dont think so. I think it allows skill and speed to flourish." Wickenheiser has won five Olympic medals over her illustrious career (the other being silver from the 98 Nagano Games). Shed like a shot at another while again shouldering the heavy weight of expectation Canadians have for their hockey players when on the international stage. "I think its fair," Wickenheiser said of Canadians expectations. "We always say pressure is a privilege and you have an opportunity to win a gold medal because people think you can. "Id rather have that expectation than someone not believing in you or the country not expecting the best. We view it that we go to win gold medals and we know Canada expects that. Its fun to have that, you dont want it any other way, really, as an athlete." However, Wickenheiser, who last month was elected to the International Olympic Committees athlete commission, added at this stage of her career shes taking it one year at a time. "Ill probably go year by year, starting with next years world championship," she said. "I still love to play, I think I can still play at a high level and be the player I want to be so until I cant do that anymore Ill keep playing. "I love what I do for a living. Being an athlete is definitely the greatest thing about what I do. I dont know if theres anything Ill find after sport that will mimic what being an athlete is so you have to enjoy it while it lasts and try to remember you may never have these times again in your life." China Jerseys Wholesale Stitched Jerseys Jerseys NFL Cheap Wholesale Stitched Jerseys Cheap Jerseys From China Stitched NFL Jerseys NFL Jerseys China ' ' '

16 lip 2018, 06:40
Zgłoś ten post

Odpowiedz z cytatem
MINSK, Belarus - Canadian captain Kevin Bieksa paid the price in the form of a chipped tooth and stitches on the inside of his mouth. After Canada held on to beat the Czech Republic 4-3 on Monday at the world hockey championship, it was worth it. Bieksa took Jan Kovars stick to the mouth, a penalty that gave Canada a five-minute man advantage it scored twice on. When the Czechs scored twice in the third period to make things interesting, those power-play goals loomed large. "If you look at it, its the difference in the game," coach Dave Tippett said. Canadas power play was 1-for-11 in the tournament before Nathan MacKinnon and Morgan Rielly scored 17 seconds apart to build a three-goal lead. Even though Jiri Novotny and Tomas Hertl cut the advantage to one late, it was enough of a cushion to allow Canada to survive for a second straight victory. Still flush in his face from stopping 31 shots, goaltender James Reimer joked he and his teammates just wanted to keep it close and entertain the fans at Chizhovka-Arena. But he expected the Czechs to make a push. "Theyre a good team," Reimer said, pausing to catch his breath. "And obviously theyre playing desperate. ... You know they werent going to roll over, you knew they were going to come hard." That was thanks in part to what Tippett called "unforced errors" by his players. "Theyre going to get their pressure just because theyre good players, but then adding fuel to the fire, thats when youre really in trouble," Tippett said. "There was two or three times in that third period where we had a good chance to clear it, make a good, solid, simple play and we forced pucks that got turned over and then it comes right back at you." Even though it got nerve-wracking late, Canada had some breathing room. Goals by Joel Ward — his third of the tournament — and assistant captain Kyle Turris helped the Canadians rebound from giving up the first goal for a third straight game before the power play finally clicked. That wasnt just a coincidence. Tippett made some personnel switches on the power-play units, putting Alex Burrows, Ward and Turris on the ice to see what would change. "Less skill and more work," he said. Work behind the net put Bieksa in position to draw the game-altering slashing penalty 15:01 into the second period on Kovar, who got an automatic game misconduct. Czech coach Vladimir Ruzicka was surprised it was called slashing and not high-sticking after checking it out on video. No matter the penalty, Bieksa required medical attention on the bench while the game was delayed as workers brushed his blood off the ice. The 32-year-old Vancouver Canucks defenceman remained in the contest, to the surprise of no one. "Give credit to him: Just spat out some blood and was ready to go on the next shift," winger Matt Read said. "Hes a warrior, hes our leader and its good to see that." Bieksa was unable to talk to reporters afterwards because he required stitches that made it difficult for him to speak. His teammates spoke for him, most notably on the five-minute major power play. "Thats a huge aspect of the game," Read said. "A guy sacrificing his body, unfortunately, but if you dont come out with at least one goal, you know youre on your heels and it gives them all the momentum." Instead, Canada had all of it until midway through the third when the Czech Republic turned up the heat. The pro-Czech crowd of 6,317 came to life, but two late penalties — to Jaromir Jagr and Jiri Hudler — ended the chances of a comeback. The win gave Canada seven points atop Group A. Its next game is Thursday against Denmark. Before then, Tippett hopes to work on some things and use the third period as a teaching tool. "Those are all good things — not good things for our team, but learning experiences for our team that we have to make sure we can get through situations like that," he said. Just minutes after holding on, Canadas players recognized the value of getting tested in a game they looked to have total control of. "Its something were going to learn from moving forward that you cant take it easy going into the third, no matter what kind of lead you have," Turris said. "Were gaining experience as we go." NOTES — Former Calgary Flames forward Roman Cervenka opened the scoring for the Czech Republic, cashing in on a two-on-one rush with Vladimir Sobotka. ... Canada chased Czech starter Jakub Kovar after Riellys goal, the fourth on 13 shots. Alexander Salak got a roughing penalty for punching Burrows just seconds after he entered the game, then stopped the seven shots he saw the rest of the way. Follow @SWhyno on Twitter Marko Dano Jersey . Louis Cardinals on Sunday afternoon; a brief, poor outing that served to highlight two trends that have developed this season. Dale Hawerchuk Jersey . A criminal complaint filed in Hennepin County District Court said his girlfriend told police they got into the argument early Thursday at his suburban Minneapolis home. http://www.hockeyjetsauthority.com/patr ... ersey-c-8/. Nathan Beaulieu, Tomas Jurco, Danick Gauthier and Jonathan Huberdeau had a goal and an assist each as the Sea Dogs extended the longest streak in the Canadian Hockey League this season. Tucker Poolman Jersey . - The Florida Panthers are getting some Army training to finish off their preparations for the season. Dmitry Kulikov Jersey . They are back to a game above .500 on the year and back to .500 on the road. It was their 10th extra time game of the year, and only the second one that did not got to a shootout.Justin Williams buried the winning goal in overtime, giving the Los Angeles Kings a 3-2 win over the New York Rangers in Game One of the Stanley Cup Final. The goal gave Williams eight goals and 20 points, ranking fourth in goals and tied for third in points for the postseason. Rangers D Dan Girardi wore the goat horns on the winning goal, coughing up a soft clearing attempt after he initially fanned on the puck. Kings C Mike Richards intercepted the puck, sent it to Williams in the slot and that was the game. While Kings LW Kyle Clifford played fewer minutes (9:03) than any of his teamamtes, the bruising winger contributed a goal -- his first of the playoffs -- and an assist. Kings D Drew Doughty was, as usual, in the middle of the action. In the first period, Doughty was stripped of the puck in the Rangers zone, leading straight to Benoit Pouliots breakaway goal. In the second period, however, Doughty made up for that gaffe, taking a feed from Williams, deftly pulling it up through his legs as he danced around before snapping in the Kings second goal. Kings D Willie Mitchell was a possession beast in Game One, on for 25 5-on-5 shot attempts for and 10 against (71.4%), while the Kings only had 42.9% of the 5-on-5 shots when Mitchell was off the ice. In score close situations, the Kings earned 55.4% of unblocked even-strength shots on goal. Mitchell had five shots on goal, for the first in a game since time since January, 2012. Kings D Alec Martinez came in on the low end of the possession scale, on for 31% (nine for, 20 against) of the 5-on-5 shot attempts..dddddddddddd On the Rangers possession chart, D Raphael Diaz led the way, on the ice for 13 shot attempts for and seven against, while the defence pairing of Marc Staal and Anton Stralman was on for 14 shot attempts for and 20 against. The Rangers second goal was scored by LW Carl Hagelin, whose speed was very effective throughtout the game, creating chances as he would burst past Kings defencemen that had trouble keeping up. Hagelin, who has seven playoff goals to lead the Rangers, led the Blueshirts with five shots on goal and tied Derick Brassard for the team lead with seven shots attempted. If there is something positive to take from this game for the Rangers it is that their forwards could use their speed to take advantage of the Los Angeles defence. Rangers G Henrik Lundqvist stopped 40 of 43 shots faced, and his .928 save percentage is best among goaltenders with at least six games played in this years playoffs. It was a relatively even affair through the first two periods, but the Kings dominated the third period, outshooting the Rangers 20-3, and asserting territorial control, even if it didnt result in a goal. This was a tough loss for the Rangers, who surrendered a two-goal lead and kept up with the Kings through two periods before fading late. When youre the underdog, its all the more difficult to pull off an upset when opportunities like an overtime game fall the other way. Scott Cullen can be reached at Scott.Cullen@bellmedia.ca and followed on Twitter at http://twitter.com/tsnscottcullen. For more, check out TSN Fantasy on Facebook. China Jerseys Wholesale Stitched Jerseys Jerseys NFL Cheap Wholesale Stitched Jerseys Cheap Jerseys From China Stitched NFL Jerseys NFL Jerseys China ' ' '

16 lip 2018, 06:42
Zgłoś ten post

Odpowiedz z cytatem
FLORHAM PARK, N.J. - New York Jets kicker Nick Folk returned to practice Thursday and attempted a few field goals after being sidelined with a hip flexor injury.Folk was limited, but says being able to kick is progress. He and coach Rex Ryan say how he feels Friday will go a long way in determining whether hell play Sunday at Minnesota. Folk injured his right hip during the Jets 16-13 loss to Miami last Monday night.Ryan says team trainers are happy with the progress Muhammad Wilkerson is making with his turf toe injury, but acknowledged that the defensive end will miss his second straight game.Tight end Jace Amaro (concussion) has resumed light exercising, but is still going through the NFLs protocol for head injuries and could miss Sundays game.___AP NFL websites: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP_NFL Dan Marino Dolphins Jersey . Ellis had a season-high 37 points and two key assists late, Dirk Nowitzki led a fourth-quarter rally with 14 of his 35 points, and the Mavericks spoiled Howards best offensive night in Houston with a 123-120 victory over the Rockets on Wednesday night. Mike Gesicki Dolphins Jersey . So heres what I do when I want to get into the baseball mood—I delve into "The Baseball Project". http://www.dolphinsteamauthenticshop.co ... y.aspx.And although FIFAs investigators are preparing to release the findings of a World Cup corruption probe, Hassan Al Thawadi dismissed any chance of Qatar losing the showpiece event. Robert Quinn Dolphins Jersey . Heather, the first Gaiter to win the award, set a Canadian Inter-university Sport record with 3,132 passing yards in eight league games, an average of 391.5 yards per game. That beat the mark of 3,047 set only one week earlier by Westerns Will Finch, a Hec Crighton finalist. Jason Sanders Dolphins Jersey . To be fair, the celebrations are already anything but tame. Nerf ball tricks shots are just the tip of the iceberg for a group that has performed in zero gravity, faced pro-skateboarder Rob Dyrdek and an assembled team on the MTV series "Fantasy Factory", and even hit a basketball trick shot from a passing blimp.Ottawa Senators forward Clarke MacArthur is not expected to play in Mondays game against the Nashville Predators with a hand injury but could return for Saturdays matchup with the Montreal Canadiens. MacArthur suffered an injury to a tendon in his hand during a fight with Calgary Flames defenceman Chris Butler llast Wednesday.dddddddddddd The 28-year-old forward already missed Saturdays 5-3 victory over the Winnipeg Jets with the same injury. MacArthur has 19 goals and 25 assists in 62 games this season, his first with the Senators after spending the previous three years as a member of the Toronto Maple Leafs. China Jerseys Wholesale Stitched Jerseys Jerseys NFL Cheap Wholesale Stitched Jerseys Cheap Jerseys From China Stitched NFL Jerseys NFL Jerseys China ' ' '

16 lip 2018, 06:43
Zgłoś ten post

Odpowiedz z cytatem
TORONTO – General manager Alex Anthopoulos was evasive on the subject of the Blue Jays budget parameters as baseball moves closer to the July 31 non-waiver trade deadline. “Were having dialogue with teams,” said Anthopoulos. “Ultimately what we end up doing, if we do things or get things done, well never get into specifics. I dont think weve ever given out a number when it comes to payroll and things like that.” Getting down to the nitty-gritty, the answer to the question on fans minds: can the ballclub add salary? Can it take on an increase in payroll? Can it make a small dent in the bottom line in order to improve the team? “We can add players,” said Anthopoulos. “We have the ability to have that dialogue at any time. I dont see any reason why we wont be able to add players and obviously players make money. No one plays for free.” What about the belief that any deal must be dollar in-dollar out? Also known as revenue neutral? “I would never get into the specifics of that in terms of how we would make things work and where things fit in our payroll projections. Those are things we keep in house,” said Anthopoulos. “I understand why you guys are asking. I totally respect it. Its just things that we keep that stuff internal.” The proof will be in the actions of the ballclub, not just in the next 11 days leading up to the first trade deadline but also through August, when deals can still be made but not without the players involved first clearing waivers. In most cases thats a formality. “I think you could see, this is just a feeling, I think theres potentially going to be more activity in August this year than in years past,” said Anthopoulos. “You saw last year guys like (Justin) Morneau and (Marlon) Byrd got moved, (Alex) Rios got moved after (July) 31, I think thats where, from a contractual standpoint and because of the extra wildcard, some clubs just need to wait a little while longer.” According to baseball-reference.com, the Blue Jays have $135.4 million committed to player salary in 2014. A quiet trade deadline will lead to finger pointing at Anthopoulos, which would be unfair. There will be blame to go around; ownership would be at the top of the list. The general manager is aware there are holes in his lineup. Theres a need to acquire an infielder. Theres a need to upgrade the bullpen, an attempt at which will be made internally with the likely promotion of top prospect Aaron Sanchez. There are few teams in baseball that wouldnt add an arm to the starting rotation. Anthopoulos, with support of ownership, changed the course of the franchise in the offseason of 2012 when he made blockbuster trades with the Miami Marlins and New York Mets. The Blue Jays went from a franchise with a large haul of prospects building with youth to a win-now ballclub thanks to acquisitions of the likes of R.A. Dickey, Jose Reyes, Josh Johnson and Mark Buehrle. Now, with a veteran laden lineup, the Blue Jays could use an acquisition or two to cement the clubs footing in the pennant picture. But with ownerships new CEO, who inherited a multi-billion dollar investment in another sports property, the landscape has changed. Anthopoulos finds himself with a win-now lineup. If his jobs on the line, as has been suggested, it would be strange for ownership to fire the general manager if it stood in the way of moves Anthopoulos would and could have made. Ownership needs to be win-now, too. Some trade deadlines are interesting for their activity, some not so much due to inactivity. For Blue Jays fans, the next five weeks, regardless of the degree to which the ballclub is active, will be quite intriguing. Andre Smith Jersey . It will then be back to business once the puck drops as the two clubs battle for key points in their respective playoff races. Watch the game live on TSN Canadiens and listen on TSN Radio 690 starting at 7:30pm et. Sam Bradford Cardinals Jersey .Martin Caceres marked his return from injury by scoring in the 3-1 win at Napoli and he believes Juventus sent out a warning to the rest of the league with that result.We go out on the pitch every game looking to give our all, Caceres said. http://www.azcardinalsfanspro.com/Black ... ml?cat=925. -- Sami Salo joked that as the shootout went on and on, one thing went through his mind: "Youve got to tie up your skates. Chad Williams Jersey . Johnson shared an update after his surgery Tuesday on Twitter. He also wrote, "now lets get on the grind." The running back told The Tennessean he was having surgery in Pensacola, Fla. Custom Arizona Cardinals Jerseys . Selected by the Titans in the 2007 NFL Draft, Johnson rejoined the club last season after a five-year stint with Indianapolis.NEW YORK, N.Y. - Caroline Wozniacki was thrilled with her first marathon.The tennis star ran the 26.2 mile course in just under 3 hours, 27 minutes — a few minutes ahead of her desired time. She originally had hoped to come in under 4 hours and quickly adjusted her goal to 3:30 during the race. So when she crossed the line and saw her time she was ecstatic.The crowd was amazing. It was incredible. It was such an incredible experience, the 24-year-old former No. 1 ranked player said. Im so happy to have done this. Im so proud. Now I have this medal. I can say that Ive done the New York City Marathon. Ive even done it at a cool time. So Im really, really happy.She was met at the finish line by her friend and tennis rival Serena Williams and the pair hugged.Wozniacki was somewhat amazed that she had done so well since she admitted that she didnt really prepare as well as she could have for the race. Her longest training run was 13 miles.I think Ive done everything youre not suupposed to do before a marathon, Wozniacki said laughing.dddddddddddd. I had a Halloween party three days ago and came back at like 4 in the morning. Two days ago I chilled a little bit, but Ive been really busy.She also said that she went to the New York Rangers game on Saturday night, foregoing a traditional pasta dinner.Wozniakci was also busy raising money for charity. Her marathon raised over $81,000 for Team for Kids, which helps fund marathon organizer New York Road Runners youth programs. She said that Williams made a big contribution to the charity.Wozniacki left open the chance to run another marathon — just dont expect it any time soon.Right now I dont think Im going to do one for a few years, but probably at some point Im going to do another one. Right now Im just tired, she said. Im exhausted. If you ask me right now, then Id say no, but Im sure that Im going to look back on this experience and say that this was awesome and want to do it again. China Jerseys Wholesale Stitched Jerseys Jerseys NFL Cheap Wholesale Stitched Jerseys Cheap Jerseys From China Stitched NFL Jerseys NFL Jerseys China ' ' '

16 lip 2018, 06:47
Zgłoś ten post

Odpowiedz z cytatem
Album: Fuse by Keith Urban (who, along with wife Nicole Kidman, is a Predators fan) Book: Lone SurvivorTV Series: Modern FamilyMovie: Silver Linings PlaybookVideo Game: NBA 2K14Sporting Event (One game): Probably the first Winter Classic between Pittsburgh and Buffalo. It was a good game that went to a shootout. Retro Jersey: The retro Vancouver jerseys. (Ed. Note: Really, Seth?) Celebrity Crush (Past or Present): Jennifer Aniston, past and present.Gadget: iPad.Teammate: Ill stick with Ryan Ellis. Hes my roommate on the road. Click here to the first BarDown Presents: Desert Island with Joness teammate, Mike Fisher. Timo Meier Jersey . Snedekers best result so far this year is a tie for eighth place at the Arnold Palmer Invitational in March. He sits 113th in FedEx Cup standings and has dropped to 31st in world rankings — not the results expected from a player ranked fourth in the world only two years ago. Paul Martin Jersey . Louis Cardinals won the World Series last season, but after losing first baseman Albert Pujols to free agency and manager Tony LaRussa to retirement, they opened the 2012 season in 12th spot in the TSN. http://www.officialsharksnhlshop.com/mi ... er-jersey/. According to a release sent by the league, the Saskatchewan Roughriders were the only team to exceed the cap. Their total salary expenditure of $4,417,975 was $17,975 over the salary cap of $4. Dylan DeMelo Jersey .com) - Pittsburgh Steelers running back LeVeon Bell, Baltimore Ravens linebacker Elvis Dumervil and New England Patriots punter Ryan Allen were selected as the AFCs top players for Week 14 of the NFL season. Justin Braun Jersey . Duhamel, from Lively, Ont., and Radford, from Balmertown, Ont., were second with 77.01 points, just behind Olympic bronze medallists Aliona Savchenko and Robin Szolkowy of Germany. The four-time world champs lead at 79. FORTALEZA, Brazil -- Miroslav Klose rescued a point for Germany, and equaled the World Cup scoring record in the process. Germany was held to an entertaining 2-2 draw by Ghana on Saturday and needed Kloses second-half equalizer to avoid another second-game letdown that has plagued the team in recent tournaments. Klose now has 15 career World Cup goals, equaling the mark set by former Brazil star Ronaldo. He celebrated the goal with his trademark somersault. "It wasnt perfect, but I cant remember the last time I did it," Klose said. "Still, 15 goals in 20 matches, thats not bad." Just like in 2010, Germany won its opening game of the World Cup 4-0 but struggled in its second game. Four years ago, it was beaten 1-0 by Serbia, and the Germans were on the verge of losing again on Saturday. The draw was good news for the United States, however, as the Americans would advance from the group if they beats Portugal on Sunday. "Ghana really threw everything they had at us. It was a very animated match. Both teams had many chances, and many counterattacks," Germany coach Joachim Loew said. "Thats not how the match was planned, but thats how it turned out." Klose scored the equalizer in the 71st minute, less than two minutes after coming on as a substitute, when a corner by Toni Kroos was flicked to the far post by Benedikt Hoewedes and the striker slid in to knock the ball into the roof of the net. Ronaldo reacted with a tweet: "Welcome to the club (hashtag)klose. I can imagine your happiness!!!! What a great Cup!!!?" Mario Goetze had put Germany ahead in the 51st, but Ghana equalized three minutes later through Andre Ayew. Ghana captain Asamoah Gyan then put the Africans ahead in the 63rd, only to see Klose cancel out his goal. The 36-year-old Klose is in his fourth World Cup and had been level with former Germany striker Gerd Mueller on 14 goals. Ronaldo also scored his 15th against Ghana, in a 3-0 win in 2006 in Germany. With coach Joachim Loew preferring to play with a "false nine" system without a striker, Klose sat out Germanys opening 4-0 rout of Portugal. But with Ghana threatening to put a damper on Germanys hope of winning the group, Loew turned to his veteran, who delivered again. "I am very happy for Klose. He was on the pitch for two minutes and he scored. Its sensational for his career," Loew said. "He is a player who can come on and have a decisive impact. Thats great for me, for the team, and for him." Still, the result revived Ghanas hopes of progressing aftter its opening 2-1 loss to the United States.dddddddddddd "It was a good competitive game. We did our best and we had many other chances that could have produced goals," Ghana coach James Appiah said. "Ghanaians have a strong mentality when it comes to football, to fight to the end to matter what is happening. Playing against Germany is difficult especially when you are a goal down. So you have to have the right players with the right mentality on the pitch." Germany took the lead when Thomas Mueller sent a dipping cross toward Goetze, who attempted a header but the ball bounced off his left knee into the net. Germanys lead lasted only three minutes. Ayew rose between Per Mertesacker and Shkodran Mustafi to head the equalizer inside the far post from a cross from Harrison Affu. With the non-German side of crowd loudly behind the Ghana team, the African side kept putting pressure on the favoured Germans. Gyan beat an offside trap by Mats Hummels and Mertesacker in the 63rd, ran into space and fired the ball past goalkeeper Manuel Neuer into the far corner to raise Ghanas hopes of an upset. In between the first two goals, a fan ran onto the pitch waving his shirt. He did not threaten any players but shook hands with Ghanas Sully Muntari, who escorted him off the field before he was picked up by a security official. Ushers then moved to block stairwells leading to the pitch. Both teams had late chances to grab the winner but Neuer and his Ghana counterpart Fatawu Dauda produced good saves. Muntari picked up a late yellow card late in the match for his second booking and will miss his teams final group game against Portugal. Schalke forward Kevin-Prince Boateng played from the start for Ghana, pitting him against half-brother Jerome Boateng, a Germany defender. There was little contact between the two and Jerome was substituted at halftime with a hip injury. Mueller, who scored a hat trick against Portugal, had to be helped off the pitch after the match with a bloodied face after colliding with John Boye. -------- Lineups: Germany: Manuel Neuer; Jerome Boateng (Shkodran Mustafi, 46th), Per Mertesacker, Mats Hummels, Benedikt Howedes; Sami Khedira (Bastian Schweinsteiger, 70th), Philipp Lahm, Toni Kroos, Mesut Ozil; Thomas Muller, Mario Gotze (Miroslav Klose, 69th). Ghana: Fatau Dauda; Harrison Afful, John Boye, Jonathan Mensah; Kwadwo Asamoah, Sulley Muntari, Mohammed Rabiu (Emmanuel Agyemang-Badu, 78th), Christian Atsu (Mubarak Wakaso, 72nd), Andre Ayew; Kevin-Prince Boateng (Jordan Ayew, 52nd), Asamoah Gyan. China Jerseys Wholesale Stitched Jerseys Jerseys NFL Cheap Wholesale Stitched Jerseys Cheap Jerseys From China Stitched NFL Jerseys NFL Jerseys China ' ' '

16 lip 2018, 06:50
Zgłoś ten post

Odpowiedz z cytatem
Despite their heartbreaking loss to the Brooklyn Nets, the Toronto Raptors Northern Uprising inspired fans across the nation, as overnight data from BBM Canada confirms the Raptors First Round series against the Brooklyn Nets on TSN attracted an average audience of 732,000 viewers, making it the most-watched NBA PLAYOFFS series on record.* In total, more than 8 million unique viewers tuned in to watch the Raptors battle the Nets in this unforgettable series. Five of the games from the series now rank among the Top 10 audiences in the teams history. Sundays Game 7 attracted an average audience of 912,000 viewers to TSN from tip-off to final buzzer - making it the third most-watched Raptors game ever. Audience levels peaked at more than 2 million viewers late in the fourth quarter as the game came down to the Raptors thrilling final possession. The Raptors dramatic playoff run continued to captivate viewers in the teams hometown market, as Game 7 was also the most-watched program of the day in the Greater Toronto Area, and achieved a 33.3 per cent share. NBA PLAYOFFS on TSN Canadians can continue to follow the NBA PLAYOFFS on Canadas Sports Leader all the way to the NBA FINALS. Live coverage continues with a doubleheader Tuesday with Game 1: Brooklyn @ Miami at 7 p.m. ET on TSN2 and TSN GO followed by Game 1: Portland @ San Antonio at 9:30 p.m. ET on TSN2, TSN GO, and TSN Radio 1050 in Toronto.** TSNs complete NBA post-season coverage, which includes the NBA FINALS, is available for live streaming on TSN GO. Source: BBM Canada *Audiences prior to August 31, 2009 are based on BBM Nielsen Media Research Mark II meters.**Schedule subject to change Anthony Mason Jersey . As analysts we do the same thing, so here are some observations from week one. First there were two major upsets. I should say, major upsets in the eyes of the fans and prognosticators. Kristaps Porzingis Knicks Jersey . To get things started, heres a little photo tour to get you acquainted with all the main characters. http://www.nbaknicksproshop.com/womens- ... ll-jersey/. The Detroit Tigers star had microfracture surgery Friday to repair the medial and lateral meniscus in his left knee. "I dont want to say it was a surprise," team president and general manager Dave Dombrowski said. Bernard King Knicks Jersey . Pressley missed all of last season with Cincinnati because of a knee injury, but the 5-foot-10, 249-pounder had been expected to fill a need on Clevelands roster. Patrick Ewing Knicks Jersey . The Raptors had an early deadline Sunday, a dreaded afternoon game, and they left the bulk of their work until the last minute, as theyve done so many times before.SOCHI, Russia -- Canada defeated Norway 5-0 on Sunday to win the gold medal at the Four Nations sledge hockey tournament at Shayba Arena. Greg Westlake of Oakville, Ont., scored twice and Adam Dixon of Midland, Ont., had a goal and two assists. Marc Dorion of Bourget, Ont., and Billy Bridges of Summerside, P.E.I., had the other goals while Corbin Watson of Kingsville, Ont., made four saves for the shutout. "Our team worked hard and overcame adversity in this tournament," said head coach Mike Mondin. "This was a terrific event for us to partiicipate in as we prepare for the Paralympics here in March and we look forward to returning next spring.dddddddddddd" The tournament was a test event for the 2014 Paralympic Winter Games at the same venue. The Canadians (5-0) beat Russia, Czech Republic and Norway in the preliminary round. Canada qualified for the title game with a 2-1 semifinal win over the host side on Saturday. Watson was named the tournaments top goaltender. Canada also won gold at the 2013 IPC sledge hockey world championship last April in Goyang, South Korea. China Jerseys Wholesale Stitched Jerseys Jerseys NFL Cheap Wholesale Stitched Jerseys Cheap Jerseys From China Stitched NFL Jerseys NFL Jerseys China ' ' '

16 lip 2018, 06:52
Zgłoś ten post

Odpowiedz z cytatem
(SportsNetwork.com) - Seattle Seahawks coach Pete Carroll knows about life in the NFL from other stints around the league. He just wasnt used to having so much success. Carroll struggled as head coach of the New York Jets and New England Patriots in the 1990s, and now his Seahawks are on the doorstep of a second straight Super Bowl appearance. Standing in the way of Seattles date with destiny are the Green Bay Packers, who will visit a boisterous CenturyLink Field Sunday afternoon in the NFC Championship Game. The Pacific Northwest has been a place where opposing teams come to die and the Seahawks were 7-1 there in the regular season. The Seahawks face a big challenge versus quarterback Aaron Rodgers and a potent Packers offense. Everybody is looking forward to the preparation and getting ready for obviously a fantastic football team, Carroll said of Green Bay. Mike (McCarthy) has done a great job with this team for years. Theyve always been in the hunt for being a championship team and here they are again. And its no surprise. Carroll said the experience in the Emerald City has been amazing with a whole perspective and culture within the franchise. He admitted he never thought he could top the success he achieved at the college ranks. I thought I could never top what had happened at SC, Carroll said. What were in the middle of right now and the youth and the connection we have with our following is so special that this is as good as it gets. So Im thrilled about it. It helps to have such a loyal fan base and talented players. The Seahawks are 25-2 at home, including the playoffs, over the past three seasons and are unbeaten in the previous eight postseason games as the host. They are currently riding a seven-game winning streak in which theyve outscored opponents by a lopsided 165-56 margin (102-20 in second half). Seattle, which is the No. 1 seed in the NFC for a second straight season, opened its playoff run with last weekends 31-17 rout of the Carolina Panthers. Russell Wilson passed for 268 yards with a touchdown pass to Doug Baldwin, Jermaine Kearse and Luke Willson, while Marshawn Lynch ran for 59 yards on 14 carries. Wilson knows what hell be up against versus the Pacers. Its going to be one for the ages, said Wilson, who is 5-1 in the postseason with a 109.6 passer rating. The NFC West-champion Seahawks (13-4) havent lost since Nov. 16 at Kansas City and hope to eventually become the eighth different team to win back-to back Super Bowl, joining New England, Denver, Dallas, San Francisco, Pittsburgh (twice), Miami and Green Bay. The Patriots were the last team to accomplish the feat in Super Bowl XXXVIII and XXXIX. Its exciting but the jobs not done, Wilson said. Were on one mission. You just have to take it one game at a time. Our goal is to go 1-0. Wilson hopes to have center Max Unger back Sunday. He left Saturdays win over the Panthers with an ankle injury and missed the final six regular season games. Carroll said Unger felt pretty good the next day and looks to be OK. The Packers (13-4) recorded their fourth straight NFC North title in the regular season and went 9-0 at Lambeau Field, including last Sundays 26-21 victory over the Dallas Cowboys. Green Bay punched its ticket to the conference title game for the first time since winning it all back in 2010 and Rodgers shook off a gimpy left calf to throw for 316 yards and three touchdowns. The PFWAs NFL MVP completed 24- of-35 passing and still extended plays on basically one leg. Rodgers was asked how much more can the injured calf take. I think Ive got 120 minutes left in me so Im going to do everything I can to play all of those minutes, Rodgers said. He added the leg felt worse after beating Dallas and will face a tough, gritty Seattle defense. Youve just got to be efficient against them, which is tough because they take away just about everything you do. Its not an intricate scheme, but it doesnt have to be when you have those kinds of players, said Rodgers, who has a 105.3 passer rating in the playoffs. The Packers, who benefited from an overturned call on a catch by Dez Bryant near the goal line, are 31-19 in postseason play and have reached the playoffs seven times in the last nine years under McCarthy. They are 8-1 over the last nine games and have won 12 of the last 14 games since Rodgers told the fan base to relax following a 1-2 start to the campaign. One of those two losses for the Packers came in Seattle on Sept. 4. The Seahawks crushed Green Bay, 36-16, and were led by Lynchs 110 yards and two TDs on 20 carries. Wilson needed to pass for only 191 yards and collected a pair of touchdown strikes with no interceptions. He is 2-0 against Green Bay. Rodgers threw for 189 yards with a TD and an interception. McCarthy believes his team improved significantly from that Week 1 loss. Weve improved as a whole offense. Weve scored a few points this year, McCarthy said. They have a great defense. We recognize that and look forward to the challenge. Green Bay, which went 2-2 in its last four road games, will meet Seattle for the third time in the postseason and has won the previous two matchups, including a 42-20 rout at Lambeau Field on Jan. 12, 2008. The Packers lead the all-time series with the Seahawks, 10-7, and are 3-2 in NFC Championships. The Packers have won the last two they played on the road and are tied with Baltimore for the most road wins in postseason history (10). There have been seven consecutive NFC Championship Games decided by seven points or fewer, the longest streak in conference championship game history. Seattle is vying to become the 12th team in NFL history to reach the Super Bowl after winning it the previous season. WHAT TO WATCH FOR If Rodgers didnt have an issue with his calf, the Seahawks would be in trouble on their own turf. It doesnt matter what the decibel level is during the game because Rodgers is coming to play bum leg or not. Sherman doesnt feel Rodgers calf injury will be a factor. Not much. Doesnt take away much. That was evident the last game, Sherman said. In the last game, he puts that zip on the ball. He has quick wrist release anyway. He doesnt always have to drive through his throws to get them where he wants them. Rodgers was visibly in pain versus the Cowboys and was still able to make plays with his feet when he needed to. Dallas defense doesnt have as much talent as Seattles and allowed two 100-yard receivers in Davante Adams (117 yards, TD) and Randall Cobb (116 yards). Jordy Nelson wasnt much of a factor with two catches for 22 yards. Just dont sleep on him, Seattle. Rodgers has thrown for 1,470 yards with 12 TD strikes, four INTs and a 108.2 QB rating on the road in the postseason. The Packers receivers will face Seahawks talkative cornerback Richard Sherman, who had an interception last week versus Carolina. Safety Kam Chancellor also recorded an interception of Cam Newton and returned it 90 yards for a touchdown. Sherman and free safety Earl Thomas were named to the NFLs All-Pro team. Seattle hopes starting cornerback Byron Maxwell will be able to go at full speed and was sidelined through portions of the Carolina win because of shortness of breath. Second-year cornerback Tharold Simon got the start opposite of Sherman and will do so again if Maxwell cant go. He was real sick, Carroll said. Hes had a history of some chest stuff. Hes had pneumonia before and all that. So he was uncomfortable and he couldnt catch his breath in normal fashion. He could play a play, but he didnt know if he could play a sequence. Carroll is hoping to get one of his top defenders back Sunday. The Seahawks paced the NFL in points allowed (15.9), total defense (267.1) and pass defense (185.6). Michael Bennett led the defense with seven sacks and linebacker Bruce Irvin had 6 1/2. Linebacker K.J. Wright posted a team-high 107 tackles in the regular season and LB Bobby Wagner had 104. Were playing for each other, Sherman said. Thats been the biggest thing. Guys are doing whatever it takes to win. Guys are playing for one another, they dont care about stats. Championships are won in the playoffs. Green Bays defense should take a page out of Dallas scheme from a 30-23 win at Seattle on Oct. 12. Wilson passed for only 126 yards with no touchdowns and an interception, and Lynch was limited to 61 yards on 10 carries. Lynch, whos a threat catching passes in the flats, has only one 100-yard rushing game in his last five contests. Lynch ran for 1,306 yards and 13 TDs in the regular season for the Seahawks, who led the NFL is rushing offense with 172.6 ypg. Lynch had no problem against the Packers in Week 1, but things are different at this juncture, especially with a trip to the Super Bowl on the line. The one known by the nickname Beastmode has six rushing touchdowns in the past six postseason games and four rushing scores in four playoff games in Seattle. Over the last eight games of the regular season, Green Bays defense ranked in the top 10 in rushing yards allowed (691), rushing average (3.60) and rushing touchdowns (two). Packers linebackers Clay Matthews and A.J. Hawk, and safeties Morgan Burnett and Ha Ha Clinton-Dix should be flying around the football. Yeah, you have to always be aware of Clay. Hes moving around, playing defensive end and outside linebacker and middle linebacker, all over the field, Wilson said. One of the best players in the National Football League. You have to be aware for where he is. And hes got tons of talent. Its going to be a great matchup going up against him. Cornerbacks Sam Shields and Tramon Williams arent facing a dangerous wide receiver core, but cant take the foot off the pedal against Baldwin and Kearse. Shields has four INTs in his last seven playoff games and Williams owns four picks over his previous nine postseason appearances. If the front line can get pressure up front, Shields and Williams will be in better position to create turnovers. Packers running back Eddie Lacy can bring the pain similar to Lynch and ran for 101 yards on 19 touches versus the Cowboys. It was his 10th consecutive game with at least 100 scrimmage yards, a team record. Sundays win over Dallas marked the first playoff game in franchise history in which the Packers had a 300-yard passer, a 100-yard rusher and two 100-yard receivers. But theres still work to be done. We understand the jobs not done, Packers guard T.J. Lang said. Our expectation is to win a championship. Our goal is to go a lot deeper than the NFC Championship Game. Going up to Seattle, its going to be a good matchup and were excited about it. Its going to be a tough one, we understand that, but well be ready for the challenge. With how well both defenses have been playing, look for the special teams units to put the offense in the best position to win. FBS champion Ohio State proved Monday that turning the ball over doesnt necessarily signify a death knell, but that usually doesnt translate at the NFL level. OVERALL ANALYSIS Its only fitting Seattle and Green Bay kicked off the regular season and will cross paths again with a trip to Super Bowl XLIX on the line. Rodgers may have 120 minutes left in that balky left calf and wont have to worry about the remaining 60 because Seattles going back to the Super Bowl. Weve had the opportunity to really experience the best of the NFL, Carroll said. Our guys are really getting a full experience of it and its wonderful to see these guys grow up and find out what this thing is all about. Its about the hard work and the sacrifice and the giving to one another and what you can get out of that when you really give of yourself. This has been a wonderful experience for all of us. Im thrilled to be part of it. Seattles 12th man, the defense and Wilson are ready to do their part and help this wonderful experience reach new heights. Raising the George Halas Trophy as NFC champions will put the Seahawks that much closer. Sports Network Predicted Outcome: Seahawks 27, Packers 20 Dwayne Harris Raiders Jersey . -- Ryan Gropp scored in overtime as the Seattle Thunderbirds shut out the Spokane Chiefs 1-0 in Western Hockey League play Tuesday. Ryan Switzer Raiders Jersey . Coming off a 6-0 drubbing at Chelsea on Saturday, Arsenal endured another demoralizing result after rallying for a 2-1 lead -- only to concede a fluke equalizer. http://www.shoptheraidersonline.com/Eli ... -Jersey/.B. -- Canadas Rachel Homan opened the Ford Womens World Curling Championship with a 7-5 win over Russia on Saturday. Emmanuel Lamur Jersey . -- The Val-dOr Foreurs made it to the Memorial Cup semifinal thanks to their workhorse goaltender and their ability to hang around like a bad cold. Jordy Nelson Raiders Jersey . Brad Malone had the other goal for the Monsters (1-1-0), while Elliott chipped in an assist for a three-point night and the games first star. Bryan Lerg also had two assists. Corban Knight and Max Reinhart scored for the Heat (1-1-0), who opened their season Friday with a 5-2 win over the Monsters in Cleveland.Golden State Warriors have been rocked by the news that star player Stephen Curry is facing at least two weeks on the sidelines. Curry is expected to be out of action for at least a fortnight after suffering a grade one sprain of his medial collateral ligament (MCL) in his right knee. The reigning MVP sustained the injury on his comeback from an ankle problem in the 121-94 win over Houston Rockets in Game Four of the play-off series on Sunday, which the Warriors lead 3-1.Thanks 4 all the prayers & messages. Can feel all the posiitive energy.dddddddddddd. God is Great! All things considered Im Gonna be alright! tweeted Curry.Warriors general manager Bob Myers is remaining upbeat over Currys injury but warned his lay-off could be longer.From our perspective, its relatively good news, said Myers. Clearly we dont want to be here getting MRIs at this point of the season, especially someone of Stephs stature ... But mechanically the knee is intact, so thats good. If its not two weeks, dont go crazy, Myers said. If its before that, great. If its after, its after. China Jerseys Wholesale Stitched Jerseys Jerseys NFL Cheap Wholesale Stitched Jerseys Cheap Jerseys From China Stitched NFL Jerseys NFL Jerseys China ' ' '

16 lip 2018, 06:53
Zgłoś ten post
Odpowiedz w temacie   [ Posty: 21 ]  Przejdź na stronę 1, 2, 3  Następna