Odpowiedz w temacie  [ Posty: 28 ]  Przejdź na stronę Poprzednia  1, 2, 3  Następna
Sox and Laredo Lemurs, and New Jersey 
Autor Wiadomość

Odpowiedz z cytatem
Haseeb Hameeds first Test hurrah and the Mannequin Challenge gave everyone pause for thought in the drawn opening Test between India and England. Coupled with Adil Rashids re-emergence as a spin sorcerer, the arrival of DRS in India and Alastair Cook eclipsing Sir Donald Bradman, it was quite a five days in Rajkot…Hameeds heroicsLets open with the teenager. Wise decision. Now, the pitch at Rajkot didnt rag square - this was no devilish Dhaka or crazy-paved Chittagong - but even so, Haseeb Hameed produced a dreamy debut that made a mockery of those who pigeon-holed his game as more attune to timeless Tests.Using the crease with the agility of a scrawny Billy Elliott, the 19-year-old scored 113 runs - becoming the third-youngest English batsman to score a fifty on debut in the process - but it was the manner in which he went about his business that impressed most.Its funny how some players look born to do play Test cricket, mused Mike Atherton, before comparing Hameeds fledgling career to the start of Joe Roots. Haseeb Hameed described the path to his Test debut as surreal Playing fully forward and fully back, Hameed countered the worlds No 1 bowler Ravichandran Ashwin with a heartening surety before being undone by some drift from around the wicket in the first dig and selflessly going on the offensive in the second.The pick of his shots? A six down the ground off Ravindra Jadeja. Refreshingly, his demeanour is as cool, calm and collected off the pitch as it is on it and, based on the speed of his reactions as he snapped up Amit Mishra, there are the makings of an exceptional close catcher in there too. Nasser Hussain analyses Hameeds technique at the crease Mannequin mayhemSir Ian Botham is usually in perpetual motion but even he paused to take part in the latest craze sweeping social media - the Mannequin Challenge - offering a prolonged view of the very rare sight of Beefy getting the teas in.Time had not, as Nasser Hussain would later suggest, stopped still while Mike Atherton told one of his stories - rather the statuesque commentators struck a pose for the 71-second video which quickly went viral around the world.Nowhere more so than in India where the sight of Kapil Dev tucking into some tiffin and the ever-stylish Laxman Sivaramakrishnan doing his barnet are presumably must-see sights. Ian Botham and Michael Atherton join in the commentators Mannequin Challenge Nasser would later do his own version of the Mannequin Challenge in the nets when attempting to hit a young spinner for four - advancing only to then appear motionless as he was beaten in the flight to be stumped by an absolute distance.This mishap came just a day after the Sky Sports commentator kicked a stumped out of the ground after dragging another spinner, with an action eerily reminiscent of Graeme Swann, into his wicket. Englands Jonny Bairstow had some advice as Mike Atherton and Nasser Hussain padded up for a spin demo. Rashid re-bornIf England have answered the eternal question of who will partner Alastair Cook long-term at the top of the innings (until he retires, at least), then they might just have the solution to their spin-bowling conundrum too after Adil Rashid returned his best match figures in a Test - following up his first-innings of 4-114 with 3-64.After a baffling array of deliveries in Bangladesh, Englands spin attack in general upped its game in Rajkot with Rashids improvement the most telling: improved pace + control = wickets + confidence boost.Unsurprisingly, Cooks belief in his leggie also took a sharp upturn and the stock of spin coach Saqlain Mushtaq is certainly on the rise. England spinner Adil Rashid heaped praise on spin coach Saqlain Mushtaq Those tempted to pack Rashid off back home before the series even began suddenly had to think again - Bob Willis even remarking: One swallow doesnt make a summer but it was fine bowling and I take my hat off to him. That counts as high praise from Bob!The temptation was to throw Rashid into the attack as early as possible - a temptation Cook resisted in both innings in part, presumably, because of the difficulty of gripping the newer, more slippery ball. Whatever the reason, Rashids form bodes well for England for the rest of the series.The right decisionOh, the trials of technology. The arrival of DRS into India was greeted jubilantly in some quarters, most conspicuously by the family of Cheteshwar Pujara after Indias number four successfully overturned an lbw decision won by Zafar Ansari when he had 86 in the first innings - Pujara going on to make 124.His second innings dismissal goes to show that your fate is only as good as your batting partners judgement - Pujara falling lbw to an Adil Rashid delivery that Murali Vijay failed to spot had pitched outside leg. Cheteshaw Pujara scored his ninth Test century after a successful review Youve got to wonder about these sharp-eyed opening batsmen - Alastair Cooks wicket the first to fall in the Test when Hameed didnt insist he reviewed a Ravindra Jadeja delivery that was slipping down leg. Way to impress your skipper!Hameed then compounded his slip up by wasting a review on his dismissal when trapped in front by Ashwin. The presence of DRS ramped up the tension in the final session as England probed for a clatter of wickets but it also led to a little mischief earlier in the Test - England comically reviewing a not out decision against Vijay after he middled a Moeen Ali delivery, knowing that the new ball and two new reviews were just around the corner.Cook cracks onThe most surprising aspect of Englands first-innings 537 was that Cook wasnt one of the three players to make a hundred. The combined efforts of Joe Root, Moeen Ali and Ben Stokes ensured that, for the first time in almost 55 years, the tourists chalked up three centuries in an innings on the sub-continent.Once Murali Vijay and Pujara had countered with tons of their own, Cook was back in 2012 mode as he cruised to his fifth century in India - a new record as he eclipsed the four apiece scored by South Africas Hashim Amla and West Indian duo Clive Lloyd and Everton Weekes. Watch Cook crack up another ton in the highlights of day five The 30th Test ton of his career also took him above Australian legend Sir Donald Bradman (who scored his 29 hundreds in rather fewer Tests - taking just 52 in comparison to Cooks 136) and level with Australian Matthew Hayden and West Indian Shivnarine Chanderpaul.Seriously, why would you even entertain the idea of retiring from the captaincy when in such nick - a point Cook was keen to impress on the media before the Test. And you know what? I reckon he got Englands second innings declaration pretty much spot on too.Watch the second Test between India and England at Visakhapatnam live on Sky Sports 2 from 3.30am on Thursday. Also See: India hold out for draw Scorecard Watch highlights Commentary Renato Augusto Jersey . With Bernard hurt, the second-round pick has emerged.Hill ran for 152 yards during a 27-10 win at New Orleans on Sunday, his second big game. He also ran for 154 yards against Jacksonville earlier this season. Gabriel Jesus Brazil Jersey . -- Louisville backup quarterback Reggie Bonnafon ran for two touchdowns and passed for another and the No. http://www.officialbrazilstore.com/worl ... ll-jersey/. - Even with a new coach, the Denver Nuggets still love to push the basketball. Filipe Luis Jersey . Each day, TSN.ca provides the latest rumours, reports and speculation from around the NHL beat. Defensive Depth TSN Hockey Insider Pierre LeBrun is reporting the Toronto Maple Leafs have considerable interest in unrestricted free-agent defenceman Dan Boyle. Pedro Geromel Brazil Jersey . “Momentum is only as good as the next days starter,” the long-time Baltimore Orioles manager famously quipped.ST. PAUL, Minn. -- Minnesota Wild centre Mikael Granlund likely will return to action for the playoffs, after a hit to the head kept him out for the last six games of the regular season. Coach Mike Yeo said after practice Tuesday that Granlund "looks good and feels good" after missing the last two weeks. The Wild play at Colorado on Thursday in Game 1 of their first-round series. Granlund would return to the second line, between Matt Moulson and Jason Pominville.ddddddddddddThe 22-year-old had a breakout season with eight goals and 33 assists in 63 games. Goalie Darcy Kuemper practiced with the team Tuesday for the first time since he suffered an upper-body injury in the pregame skate March 31 at Los Angeles, the same day Granlund was hurt. Kuemper would back up Ilya Bryzgalov. Wholesale Jerseys 2019 China Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Wholesale Authentic Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys 2018 Cheap NFL Womens Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

15 cze 2018, 07:05
Zgłoś ten post

Odpowiedz z cytatem
PHILADELPHIA -- Jaromir Jagr isnt acting his age, and the New Jersey Devils are thrilled about it. Jagr scored the winning goal to snap a third-period tie and lead the New Jersey Devils to a 2-1 victory over the Philadelphia Flyers on Tuesday night. It was the 21st goal of the season and sixth game-winning tally for Jagr, who is the NHLs career leader with 124. It also marked the 702nd career goal for the 42-year-old forward, who earlier this season became the seventh player to score 700 NHL goals. Jagr, in his 20th NHL season, is enjoying the opportunity the Devils have provided him. "Without the fun at my age, theres no chance you can play," Jagr said. "You have to grab the opportunity. I got a chance to play and now its up to me what kind of advantage I take of it." While outsiders might be surprised by Jagrs success, those close to him arent. "Hes done that all year for us," Devils coach Pete DeBoer said. "Nothing surprises me about him. When youre around him, thats why hes one of the best of all time." Travis Zajac had the other goal for New Jersey (29-24-13), which won for the fifth time in seven games to move within two points of the third-place Flyers in the tightly bunched Metropolitan Division. Adam Henrique was held in check by the Flyers, and his six-game goal streak was snapped. Henrique had nine goals and two assists during that run. Nicklas Grossman scored for the Flyers (33-25-7), who are 7-2-1 in their last 10 games. "Well, its a tough loss," Flyers coach Craig Berube said. "Obviously, our team battled hard; it was a good game, I thought we competed hard. We didnt score enough goals." Philadelphia had a potential tying goal by Scott Hartnell disallowed by officials with 40.1 seconds remaining because it was determined that Hartnell pushed goalie Martin Brodeur into the net. "Not saying he did it on purpose, but his momentum threw him into me," Brodeur said. "It really prevented me. It didnt warrant a penalty. I think its the right call." Brodeur won for the fourth straight time. Like Jagr, the 41-year-old Brodeur didnt show his age. "He was in a zone," Jagr said. "Its Marty Brodeur, what do you want me to say? Either youve got it or you dont, and hes got it." Brodeur also praised Jagr for his winning goal. "You cant teach that," he said of Jagrs skill level. "These are things that he does that not many players are able to have, and it comes natural to him." Marek Zidlicky set up Jagr for the decisive tally with a backhanded pass from behind the net. Jagr lifted it off goalie Steve Mason and just inside the near post from close range to put New Jersey ahead 2-1 with 12:18 left. "My dad always told me, You have to keep moving in the offensive zone," said Jagr, who also had an assist. "Thats what we did, and something is always opening up. Lucky break, but since we were skating a lot it creates chances." Jagr, a former Flyers player, is no stranger to success against Philadelphia. He raised his career total to 103 points in 90 career games versus the Flyers. "He was able to kind of just chip it and it snuck through there," Mason said. "Hes a big body, strong player when he has the puck on his stick and is able to protect it." Zajac opened the scoring 7:56 in when he beat Mason top shelf from a difficult angle after getting the Flyers goalie to sprawl on the ice following a deke in front. It was Zajacs 12th goal this season. Grossmann tied it 47 seconds into the second period with a rare soft goal allowed by Brodeur. Grossmann whirled and wristed a shot from the side boards near the Flyers bench. Brodeur misplayed the puck, and it went between his legs. Brodeur was solid otherwise, making 30 saves to improve to 50-31-10 against Philadelphia. Mason fell to 0-4 against the Devils. NOTES: Grossmann last scored on Feb. 20 of last season. ... Flyers centre Zac Rinaldo (upper body injury) sat out. He is day-to-day. ... Backup Philadelphia goalie Ray Emery (lower body injury) didnt play despite practicing on Monday. Emery hasnt played since being injured on Feb. 27. ... New Jersey went 2-1-1 against Philadelphia this season. Benjamin Mendy Jersey .com) - On a night the Bulls played without Derrick Rose, it was time for Pau Gasol to take charge. Nabil Fekir France Jersey . Woods said Friday that his charity event, which attracts a world-class field even without being part of any tour, will move in December 2014 to Isleworth, the course where he honed his professional game from 1996 until moving away to south Florida two years ago. http://www.soccerfranceproshop.com/c-2- ... ersey.aspx. -- Los Angeles Angels outfielder Josh Hamilton will be sidelined for at least two weeks because of a strained calf muscle, and pitcher C. Kylian Mbappe Jersey . De La Rosa pitched six strong innings to win his sixth consecutive decision, Todd Helton homered and the Colorado Rockies snapped the Los Angeles Dodgers six-game winning streak with a 7-5 victory on Wednesday night. Djibril Sidibe France Jersey . -- Andy Granatelli, the former CEO of STP motor oil company who made a mark on motorsports as a car owner, innovator and entrepreneur, has died. CARLSBAD, Calif. -- Anna Nordqvist rallied to win the Kia Classic on Sunday at Aviara for her second victory in her last four LPGA Tour starts. Two strokes behind leaders Cristie Kerr and Lizette Salas entering the round, Nordqvist closed with her second straight 5-under 67 for a one-stroke victory over Salas. "Im very excited. I still cant believe it," Nordqvist said. "I was a couple of shots back going into today, but this morning I told myself to give it a shot and I ended up making quite of bit of birdies out there. Im very excited to have two wins this season." The 26-year-old Swede won the LPGA Thailand last month to end a five-year victory drought, holding off top-ranked Inbee Park. In 2009, Nordqvist won the LPGA Championship and LPGA Tour Championship. Projected to jump from 16th to ninth in the world, Nordqvist finished at 13-under 275 and earned $255,000. She two-putted for par on the par-4 18th, holing a 2-footer. "My hands were shaking a little, Im not going to lie," Nordqvist said. "You never know with the sun setting you see every little spike mark. So I tried not to focus on that and see the hole." The Kraft Nabisco, the first major tournament of the year, is next week in Rancho Mirage. "I really love the majors," Nordqvist said. "Its a tougher set up on course and I feel more pressure, more spotlight on the tournament and I like that. I like the test and it seems like it is going to be pretty windy next week which will make it tougher. Im very happy with the way Im playing and cant wait to tee it up." Salas birdied the 18th for a 70. "Im going to put this in the back of my mind, but know I can make putts down the stretch," Salas said. The former Southern California player is winless on the LPGA Tour. "Obviously, I cant control what Anna does," she said. "Shes been playing awesome this year and already had a win, congrats to her. Thats just golf. Sometimes thiings go your way and sometimes they dont.dddddddddddd Luckily, I finished with a birdie on a good note, and off to the Kraft."" Nordqvist changed equipment and started working with instructor Jorje Parada during the off-season after considering leaving the tour. The former Arizona State player made a short birdie putt on the par-4 first hole and added birdies on the par-5 eighth and par-4 ninth to make the turn at 11 under. She also birdied the par-4 13th, par-3 14th and par-4 16th before dropping a stroke on the par-5 17th. Lexi Thompson was third at 11 under after a 68, and Chella Choi was another stroke back after a 69. Kerr closed with a 73 to finish fifth at 9 under. Park, preparing for her title defence next week at Mission Hills, had a 68 to join third-ranked Stacy Lewis (71), Se Ri Pak (69) and Eun-Hee Ji (71) at 8 under. Dori Carter, the 244th-ranked player who shot a course-record 64 on Friday, finished with a 73 to tie for 10th at 7 under. Michelle Wie had a 70 to tie for 16th at 5 under. Laura Diaz had a hole-in-one for the second straight day to become the second player in LPGA Tour history to make two aces in a tournament. Diaz aced the par-3 third hole Saturday in the third round, then holed out on the par-3 sixth on Sunday -- a shot she followed with an eagle on the par-4 seventh. She also had an eagle Saturday on the par-5 fifth. Jenny Lidback is the only other player with two aces in an event, accomplishing the feat in the 1997 Tournament of Champions. Diaz used a 6-iron Sunday on the 157-yard sixth. "I was trying to hit it a little left to right high and take a little bit off of it," Diaz said. "And, yeah, I did it. It went in." On the eagle on No. 7, she holed out from 122 yards with a 50-degree wedge, the club she used to hole out twice Saturday. Shes the first tour player to follow an ace with an eagle on the next hole The 38-year-old Diaz shot 2-under 70 in each round to finish at 2 under. Cheap NFL Jerseys Throwback China Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Outlet Wholesale NFL Gear Wholesale NFL Autographed Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys 2020 Cheap Jerseys 2020 ' ' '

15 cze 2018, 07:06
Zgłoś ten post

Odpowiedz z cytatem
Hertfordshire Mavericks moved top of the Netball Superleague with a 20-goal victory over Yorkshire Jets on Monday. The 54-34 win lifted Mavericks three points clear of Manchester Thunder, who have a game in hand against Loughborough Lightning next Saturday.Layla Guscoths player-of-the-match display was the perfect way to dispel the memories of their cancelled clash against Thunder from the weekend, when a wet court forced the postponement of their top-of-the-table meeting. All the reaction after the Hertfordshire Mavericks beat the Yorkshire Jets Mavericks immediately raced ahead against Jets, opening a 7-0 lead in the opening minutes before concluding the first quarter with a 15-8 advantage, which was extended to 27-17 at half-time.Samantha Wallaces sharp-shooting helped Mavericks get over the line, condemning Jets to a 12th successive Superleague game without a point. Also See: Vitality Superleague fixtures Table Live on Sky Sportswomen Joe Namath Jersey . There is no argument that the line of Pacioretty, David Desharnais and Thomas Vanek was one of the hottest in the NHL leading into the post-season, and they did combine for three goals and seven points, but it was the depth of all four lines that helped propel Montreal. Sam Darnold Jersey .com) - Wimbledon runner-up Eugenie Bouchard notched a win, while second-seeded two-time champion Ana Ivanovic, third- seeded Australian Open runner-up Dominika Cibulkova and fifth seed Sabine Lisicki all exited the draw at the Generali Ladies Linz tennis event. http://www.shopnyjets.us/joe-namath-jersey/. This time, Tebow was in a groove the entire second half -- not just in the waning minutes -- and his teammates on defence were getting gobbled up. Trenton Cannon Jets Jersey . -- When the Los Angeles Kings are on top of their formidable defensive game, they revel in the silence they can create in a frustrated road arena. Trenton Cannon Jersey . To be fair, the celebrations are already anything but tame. Nerf ball tricks shots are just the tip of the iceberg for a group that has performed in zero gravity, faced pro-skateboarder Rob Dyrdek and an assembled team on the MTV series "Fantasy Factory", and even hit a basketball trick shot from a passing blimp. MINNEAPOLIS -- As the Minnesota Vikings filed into their locker room at the Metrodome for the last time, Leslie Frazier was there to greet them with a handshake and a hug. The Vikings picked up one more victory at the soon-to-be-demolished stadium, perhaps a parting gift for the popular coach. Fittingly, the Detroit Lions left on the losing end. Cordarrelle Patterson scored two touchdowns, including the go-ahead catch in the end zone in the fourth quarter, and the Vikings beat the Lions 14-13 on Sunday afternoon in the final game of the Metrodomes 32 seasons. From Patterson to Adrian Peterson, player after player passionately voiced their support for Frazier, whose record over three-plus years is 21-33-1. Peterson promised to make his plea directly to the owners on Monday. Frazier urged the front office to bring him and his staff back. "I just have a lot of belief in my abilities as a coach and have a lot of belief in the guys on our team and a lot of belief in our staff, and for that reason you dont have to walk in fear," Frazier said, flashing a brief smile. "You just know that things are going to work out." Owner Zygi Wilf declined to comment about a decision on Frazier, who has one season left on his contract. General manager Rick Spielman was mum, too. The Lions held Calvin Johnson out because of a nagging knee injury. Matthew Stafford stopped his turnover streak and completed 22 of 33 passes for 217 yards and a third-quarter touchdown pass to Bush, but the Lions finished 7-24 at this stadium, which was inflated in 1982. They finished the year with six losses in their last seven games despite holding a fourth-quarter lead in all of them, putting coach Jim Schwartz on the metaphorical hot seat, too. "Its definitely been very rocky, and its not been easy to deal with," said running back Reggie Bush. "Its been an emotional roller coaster, going from being in first place to where we are now, thats not how you want to end the season." Schwartz fell to 29-52 over five full years. Both he and Frazier have made the playoffs once. "We cant worry about decisions we dont make," Schwartz said, adding: "Id certainly like to be back. I think we have unfinished busineess here.dddddddddddd. Weve come a long way in these years, but we still have some ground that we can make and Im anxious to have a chance to do that." There will be no more business in this building, which will be torn down next month to make room for a new domed venue on the same site. The Vikings will play outside the next two seasons at the University of Minnesotas facility. "I love the stadium. But when you see the pictures of the new one, youre anxious and excited to get into the new one," said Peterson, who was held out due to a sprained foot. He set the NFLs all-time single-game rushing record here in 2007 with 296 yards. Third-stringer Matt Asiata filled in with 14 carries for 115 yards. Jared Allen had two sacks to pass the double-digit mark for the seventh straight season. Cassel had the winning touchdown throw. He was the quarterback at the end of all five Vikings victories this year, two in injury relief of Christian Ponder. The Vikings also narrowly avoided setting a franchise record for most points allowed, leaving the 1984 team still holding that dubious mark. This still might not have been enough to save Fraziers job, however. "I enjoyed playing for Leslie. He came in each and every day with a demeanour to try to get this team ready to play, and I respect that about him and how he went about his business. There never was anybody, especially in his case, hanging his head when things didnt go our way," Cassel said. Patterson wasnt ready for the opening kickoff, slapping the goalpost and trying to fire up fans behind him when the ball sailed in the end zone. Chase Ford caught it for a touchback. Patterson quickly refocused, though. Late in the first quarter, he took a pitch in the backfield, immediately reversed course and ran right toward the sideline. He slipped between Ndamukong Suh and Devin Taylor, then snaked his way through the rest of the defence for a 50-yard gain, the longest rushing play in Vikings history by a wide receiver. NOTES: Patterson finished his rookie year with nine TDs, including six in the last five games. ... Bush and fellow RB Joique Bell each finished with 500-plus yards receiving. They combined for 2,709 yards and 15 TDs. Cheap NFL Jerseys Throwback China Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Outlet Wholesale NFL Gear Wholesale NFL Autographed Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys 2020 Cheap Jerseys 2020 ' ' '

15 cze 2018, 07:07
Zgłoś ten post

Odpowiedz z cytatem
NEW YORK, N.Y. - Joe Johnson hit six 3-pointers in his 27 points, Mason Plumlee added 18 points, and the Brooklyn Nets won their 11th straight at home, beating the Boston Celtics 114-98 Friday night. Former Celtic Paul Pierce had 14 points and Andray Blatche and Jorge Gutierrez added 10 apiece for the Nets, who won their third straight game and ninth in the last 10 to remain within 2 1/2 games behind the Atlantic Division-leading Toronto Raptors. Brooklyn moved within one game of the Chicago Bulls, who lost at Indiana, for the fourth spot in the Eastern Conference playoff race. Knotted at 45-all with 6:49 left in the second quarter, Brooklyn went on a 19-9 run to pull away from the Celtics, who lost for the sixth time in seven games. A 3-pointer by Johnson and another from Deron Williams gave the Nets a 64-54 lead going into the half. Avery Bradley led Boston with 28 points and Rajon Rondo had 12 points and 12 assists. Johnson continued his hot shooting beyond the arc by outscoring Boston 8-2 in the final minutes of the third quarter. The All-Star guard hit a pair of free throws that extended Brooklyns lead to 86-72 and with 1:20 hit a 3-pointer that made it 89-72 and after a basket by Jeff Green, he hit another 3 that extended the Nets lead to 92-74 with 45.6 left in the quarter. Brooklyn has won 18 of its last 20 games at the Barclays Center. They improved to 26-10 since Jan. 1, tops in the Eastern Conference since New Years Day. Before the game, Nets general manager Billy King announced that centre Brook Lopez had left ankle surgery on March 3. They expect him to be ready by June. NOTES: Brooklyns 11 straight home wins is the longest streak since they had 12 straight, Dec. 16, 2005, to Feb. 8, 2006. Joe Namath Jersey . Or, for that matter, the aged. Sam Darnold Jets Jersey . The club announced Friday that Mauro Biello will be kept on as an assistant to coach Jesse Marsch when the Impact join the MLS in 2012. http://www.shopnyjets.us/joe-namath-jersey/. He made that dream a reality Wednesday night. Olt, who grew up in Branford, Connecticut, attended UConn and made a nearly 2 1-2 hour trek to Boston a handful of times to watch the Red Sox, belted a two-run homer, one of four hit by Cubs in a 16-9 rout that completed a three-game interleague series sweep. Trenton Cannon Jersey . -- The Kelowna Rockets earned their 16th straight win with a 7-2 rout of the Portland Winterhawks in Western Hockey League action Thursday. New York Jets Jerseys . - Novak Djokovic beat John Isner 7-5, 6-7 (2), 6-1 on Saturday to reach the final of the BNP Paribas Open, where hell resume his longtime rivalry with Roger Federer.SOCHI, Russia – The Canadians had to hurl nearly 60 shots at the Latvian goal to scratch their way into a semifinal matchup with the Americans, but by the time it was over head coach Mike Babcock was convinced the experience would be beneficial, much as it was four years earlier. "Did I want to win 7-1? Absolutely,” said Babcock after a nervous 2-1 win in the quarter-finals against Latvia. “Do I think its better for my team that we won the way we did? For sure." It took every bit of mustard his team could find to finally get past the unlikely challengers from Latvia – a team they had never lost to in either the Olympics or World Championships – and avert disaster. Kristers Gudlevskis, an unheralded 21-year-old draft pick in executive director Steve Yzermans Tampa Bay Lightning organization, stopped 55 shots and held the Canadians to just a single goal for the first 53 minutes of regulation. Patience was tested and tested again and again with every chance, opportunity and flurry squashed by the apparent back-up Latvian netminder, starting with a Sidney Crosby breakaway in the opening moments and continuing right on through the rest of the night. "Obviously when youre talking about 10 minutes left in the third and you look up and youve got 50-some-odd shots you dont want it to be one of those nights," said Crosby after the win. "I think that you just try to trust that eventually those chances will go in, stick with it." Patrick Sharp became just the fourth Canadian forward to score, his first goal in the middle frame matched minutes later on a mildly shocking Lauris Darzins breakaway. From there the Gudlevkis show rolled on in ever-surprising fashion, some of the most gifted offensive talents on the planet stonewalled by a goaltender who was starting for the American Hockey Leagues Syracuse Crunch as recently as Feb. 5. There was the stop on Jeff Carter in alone in the second period, a blocker save on Rick Nash in the third, a jam attempt by Chris Kunitz just a few minutes later. For a forward contingent struggling to score these were familiar troubles building in a game that Canada had no business not winning. "If you look at tonight besides picking the puck up and throwing it in the net what could you tell someone to do in those situations," said Crosby, who still has yet to score in this tournament. "We had some great chances. Youre getting chances like that theres not a lot you would change. Its not like you were going in there adjusting and trying to figure something out. I think its just the ultimate test of your patience when youre getting chances like that and you need to find a way too score.dddddddddddd" Its ultimately that persistence and push through the wall of a hot goaltender that Babcock believes will benefit his team moving into a 2010 gold medal game re-match with the Americans on Friday. Though they had only mild difficulties against Norway and Austria, the Canadians really only faced a stiff test from Finland in the final game of the preliminary round, a tilt they scratched out in overtime on the second of two goals from Drew Doughty. On this night it was another defenceman proving the hero. Shea Weber fired a cannon past Gudlevskis with less than seven minutes remaining in regulation, easing the nerves of a tense nation on the other side of the globe. "We just talked about the hockey gods," Babcock said. "You just keep doing things right, youre going to be rewarded. We had some chances. So we just thought if we kept doing it, wed get our chances, wed get a break, wed score a goal." Though they inched closer to it in the close win over Latvia, Canada has yet to truly resemble the powerhouse it was expected to be here in Sochi. But they have, true to Babcocks word, gotten better with each day gone by. They enter the semifinal, however, as an unlikely underdog, squaring off against an American squad thats stomped all of its competition here in Sochi. With the hottest player on the planet in Phil Kessel – who has nearly as many goals here in Russia (five) as the entire Canadian forward group (six) – and a battle-tested Jonathan Quick between the pipes, the U.S. has the look of a favourite in what should be an enticing rematch of the gold medal game in Vancouver. "Its what its all about," said Jonathan Toews of the matchup. "Canada-USA, I think has become a bigger rivalry than Canada-Russia. Theres a lot of animosity, lot of feelings like theres something to prove between both teams. Its for the chance to go play for a gold medal. It doesnt get any better than that." It took a few bumps and a similar crescendo for Canada to top the U.S. in Vancouver in 2010. There were familiar stumbles along the way – including a preliminary round loss to the U.S. – but ultimately, the Canadians got their game together as the tournament stretched on, dominating the Russians in the quarter-final before edging the Slovaks and Americans en route to gold. Babcock is mindful of that path when he looks at the winding road thus far in 2014. "The Olympic Games isnt supposed to be easy,” he said. “They dont just give the medals out. You earn the medals. Now wed like to put ourselves in a situation to compete for one and we have another day to prepare [on Thursday]." Cheap NFL Jerseys Throwback China Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Outlet Wholesale NFL Gear Wholesale NFL Autographed Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys 2020 Cheap Jerseys 2020 ' ' '

15 cze 2018, 07:09
Zgłoś ten post

Odpowiedz z cytatem
Chad Johnson may be heading to the CFL after all. The Montreal Alouettes released a statement in which GM Jim Popp said the team plans to work out the former NFL wide receiver in Florida this week. "We do expect to meet with Chad Johnson and work him out in Vero Beach, FL this week,” Popp said in the statement. “Talks did take place and have escalated over the last week." Johnson tweeted that hell be taking part fully in the mini-camp the Alouettes are holding this week. Johnson sparked speculation on Twitter last month when he was asked who his next team would be, responding with the BC Lions. Shortly after the exchange the Alouettes added the exciting receiver to their negotiation list. In response to that news, Johnson tweeted he would be in shape should the Als come calling. In 11 seasons in the NFL, 10 with the Cincinnati Bengals, Johnson finished with 766 receptions for 11,059 yards and 67 touchdowns. Federico Fazio Argentina Jersey . Top-seeded Djokovic, who is making only his second appearance this year after reaching the quarterfinals of the Australian Open, was a 6-3, 6-3 winner over 54th-ranked Istomin of Uzbekistan. "It wasnt as easy as the scoreline indicates," said Djokovic, who has won in Dubai on four occasions. Marcos Rojo Argentina Jersey . 42 sitting next to the bench. The 57-year-old with greying hair couldnt box out or grab a rebound, but owner Ted Leonsis waved his red towel and egged on a cheering crowd that chanted "Free Nene!" The Wizards did just fine without the suspended Brazilian forward. http://www.argentinasoccerauthority.com ... ersey/.com) - The surging Montreal Canadiens will try to match their longest winning streak of the season when they visit the Florida Panthers for Saturdays clash at BB&T Center. Gabriel Mercado Jersey . Klein went undrafted in the NFL last year following his senior season with the Wildcats. He was invited to the Houston Texans rookie camp, but was not offered a contract. Sergio Aguero Argentina Jersey . But San Diego had even more trouble against right-hander Tanner Roark, who pitched a three-hitter for the first complete game of his career as the Nationals shut out the Padres 4-0. The 27-year-old set down the first 16 batters before San Diego catcher Rene Rivera, an .The Chicago Blackhawks took a 2-1 lead into the third period, fell behind and rallied to win, all in less than 11 minutes of game action, earning a 4-3 win over the Los Angeles Kings in Game Six, setting up a Game Seven in Chicago for all of the proverbial Western Conference marbles. Blackhawks RW Patrick Kane came up big when it counted, tallying two goals and an assist. He scored the game-winner with 4:45 remaining in the third period, stopping on the right hashmarks, carrying the puck up through the top of the Kings zone, then firing a wrist shot from the top of the circles past Jonathan Quick, who had his view obstructed by Andrew Shaw. Kane, who had no points in the first three games of the series, now has eight points in the last three games; his 18 points lead the Blackhawks and is tied with Kings LW Marian Gaborik for third in the playoffs. Kanes one assist was on Duncan Keiths game-tying goal, with 8:26 remaining. Keith had no points and one shot on goal in the previous three games. Blackhawks D Brent Seabrook contributed a couple of assists and had the best possession stats for Chicago in Game Six, on for 17 shot attempts for and 11 against (60.7%) during 5-on-5 play. With Seabrook off the ice, the Blackhawks had 40.0% of the 5-on-5 shot attempts. Seabrooks 14 points in the playoffs ties Monntreals P.ddddddddddddK. Subban for second among defencemen. Kings D Drew Doughty is the top-scoring defenceman, with his goal and an assist Friday giving him 16 points in 20 playoff games. Doughty and partner Jake Muzzin were on for 65.7% of the 5-on-5 shot attempts. Doughty also set up Alec Martinez for the go-ahead goal, 2:06 after Doughty had scored to tie the game at two. Martinez also had a monster possession game, on the ice for 20 shot attempts for and nine against (69.0%) during 5-on-5 play, and leading the Kings with nine shot attempts in the game. Los Angeles controlled possession in Game Six, earning 57.3% of all shot attempts in the game, outshooting Chicago 29-25, and the Kings hold a slight possession edge in the series. Will that be enough to get them past the formidable Blackhawks in Game Seven? It could come down to goaltending, which is practically a cliche in playoff hockey, but neither Corey Crawford (.879 SV% in the series) nor Jonathan Quick (.886 SV% in the series) has been great. With one game to determine the fate of the series, whichever one returns to form could shift the balance. Scott Cullen can be reached at Scott.Cullen@bellmedia.ca and followed on Twitter at http://twitter.com/tsnscottcullen. For more, check out TSN Fantasy on Facebook. Cheap NFL Jerseys Throwback China Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Outlet Wholesale NFL Gear Wholesale NFL Autographed Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys 2020 Cheap Jerseys 2020 ' ' '

15 cze 2018, 07:10
Zgłoś ten post

Odpowiedz z cytatem
The Winnipeg Goldeyes signed rookie right-handed pitcher Jeffery Stoner on Sunday. Stoner went 2-3 with a 1.85 ERA and seven saves for NCAA II Francis Marion University in his senior season this spring. Among his senior season honours, the 22-year-old was named to the All-Peach Belt Conference First Team, NCBWA All-Southeast Region Second Team and Daktronics All-Region Second Team. He holds the school record for appearances with 72, is second in saves with 19 and fourth in strikeouts with 260. He was 21-19 with a 3.00 ERA in four seasons with Francis Marion. The Goldeyes now have 22 players on their active roster, including 12 pitchers and 10 position players. Dries Mertens Belgium Jersey . The mixed zone is not a place to make friends. Michy Batshuayi Belgium Jersey .Y. - Rob Manfred was promoted Monday to Major League Baseballs chief operating officer, which may make him a candidate to succeed Bud Selig as commissioner. http://www.belgiumsoccerauthority.com/m ... um-jersey/. There is no argument that the line of Pacioretty, David Desharnais and Thomas Vanek was one of the hottest in the NHL leading into the post-season, and they did combine for three goals and seven points, but it was the depth of all four lines that helped propel Montreal. Thomas Meunier Jersey .Brazil midfielder Ricardo Goulart scored the winner in the 50th minute to give the defending champion a four-point advantage in the standings over second-place Sao Paulo, which beat rival Palmeiras 2-0. Yannick Carrasco Belgium Jersey .com) - Tonight will go a long way in determining the two wild card spots in the Eastern Conference.Providence, RI (SportsNetwork.com) - Ryan Arcidiaconos layup and foul shot -- the last of his team-high 21 points -- with 3.6 seconds remaining was the deciding margin, as No. 9 Villanova kept rolling with a 82-79 double-OT decision against Providence on Tuesday. Arcidiacono, a threat from the outside, was instead allowed room on the left wing and banked the go-ahead bucket off the glass while being harmed by Kadeem Batts. Quick ball movement off the inbound put the game in the hands of LaDontae Henton, but his try from the left wing to send the game to a third overtime clanged off the front of the rim. JayVaughn Pinkston totaled 20 points and six rebounds for the Wildcats (23-3, 11-2 Big East), who received 17 points and nine boards from James Bell. Villanova pulled into a tie atop the conference with idle Creighton, who whipped the Cats, 101-80, in Omaha on Sunday. Bryce Cotton tallied a game-best 22 points, nine assists and seven rebounds for the Friars (17-10, 7-7). Batts picked up 21 points and 11 boards, with Josh Fortune adding 16 points in a valiant, losing cause. A 13-2 run ending just before the middle portion of the first half turned a two-point deficit into a nine-point bulge for the Friars. Tyler Harris capped it on a trey to make it 22-13. Arcidiaconos triple capped a 15-7 surge from the Wildcats to pull them within 29-28, and he connected oonce more from long distance in the final seconds.dddddddddddd Cotton, though, hit two from the line to forge a 33-33 deadlock at the break. Nova provided some breathing room with a quick burst in the early stages of the second half, going up 44-39 just over six minutes in on a Daniel Ochefu slam. Villanova kept Providence at arms length from there, never letting the hosts climb closer than three until the final moments. Arcidiaconos two from the line provided a 63-58 edge for the Wildcats, but two free throws from Cotton and a three from Henton off a Bell miss evened the score with 20.6 seconds to go. Arcidiaconos last chance from beyond the arc came up short, and Hentons off- balance heave at the buzzer hit the rim. In the first extra session, Villanova erased a three-point deficit and went up by two on a Darrun Hilliard trey, but Cottons layup on the next trip down the floor evened the score. Arcidiacono missed an easy shot and the game slipped into a second OT. Game Notes: Villanova hosts St. Johns on Saturday, while Providence heads to Butler on Sunday ... Arcidiacono also totaled six rebounds and three steals, while Hilliard and Ochefu both finished with 11 points ... Fortune, who finished 4-of-5 from long range, also grabbed a game-high four steals ... The Wildcats connected on just 9-of-28 shots from beyond the arc in the triumph. Cheap NFL Jerseys Throwback China Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Outlet Wholesale NFL Gear Wholesale NFL Autographed Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys 2020 Cheap Jerseys 2020 ' ' '

15 cze 2018, 07:10
Zgłoś ten post

Odpowiedz z cytatem
BOSTON - Max Scherzer is hard to faze. Detroits right-hander wasnt bothered by a 47-minute rain delay in the fourth inning Friday night and wasnt flustered when the game restarted 10 minutes earlier than anticipated. And as for the defending World Series champions? They hardly troubled him at all. Scherzer tossed six shutout innings, outdueling Boston ace Jon Lester and leading the Tigers to a 1-0 win over the Red Sox in the opener of a three-game series. "The rain delay had no effect on me," said Scherzer, who won his sixth straight start and lowered his league-leading ERA to 1.83. "When I went back out there for the fourth, it was the same." So was his stuff. The reigning AL Cy Young Award winner allowed just three hits over six-plus innings before being removed after a leadoff single by Mike Carp in the seventh. "This might have been the best his stuff has been all year," Tigers manager Brad Ausmus said. Scherzer (6-1) disagreed, citing a below-average changeup and his four walks, one of which was intentional. "Its always going to drive me crazy when Im not throwing first-pitch strikes and when Im walking guys," said Scherzer, who struck out seven. "Even though I wasnt able to do that tonight, when runners were on base I was still able to make big-time pitches." Joba Chamberlain retired the side in the eighth and closer Joe Nathan pitched a perfect ninth for his 11th save of the season. Torii Hunter delivered an RBI single in the first inning for the Tigers, playing their first game against the Red Sox since losing last years American League Championship Series in six games. Times have changed. Detroit has baseballs best record at 25-12, winning 13 of its last 16 games and nine in a row on the road. Scherzer is a major reason why. He faced the minimum through three innings before rain halted play with one out in the top of the fourth. While it definitely put a damper on the marquee matchup of aces, the delay barely slowed Scherzer, who stayed warm by throwing in the cages and was ready to go when the game restarted ahead of schedule. "For me, once I was able to get loose, I felt the same," he said. Had the delay lasted longer, Scherzers night may have prematurely come to an end. "Right around an hour would have been too much," Ausmus said. "Theres a little bit of a grey area on either side of that, but if it had gone much longer, he probably would have been done." Following the delay, David Ortiz recorded Bostons first hit with a two-out single in the fourth, but was left on base when Scherzer fanned Carp. David Ross singled to begin the sixth but was stranded on third when Scherzer struck out Napoli. "I didnt pitch my best, but when runners were on base and I needed to make big pitches, I made big pitches," Scherzer said. "Thats the difference in the game." Lester (4-5) exited the game after five innings and 94 pitches. He gave up just one run on four hits with seven strikeouts and three walks. "With the rain delay, we were in that situation nearly an hour and werent going to push Jon more than the five innings tonight," Boston manager John Farrell said. "But to think one run in the first inning was going to be the difference, probably didnt anticipate that." Lester laboured through a 27-pitch first inning, highlighted by Hunters run-scoring single that plated Ian Kinsler, who singled. "I actually felt better coming out of the rain delay then I did coming into the game," Lester said. "I felt like I threw the ball a lot better the last two innings than I did the first three. I felt like I could have gone one more, but it wasnt my decision." NOTES: Lester and Scherzer had faced off just once before, on Sept. 3, 2013, in a 2-1 Boston victory. Lester earned the win, allowing one run in seven innings with nine strikeouts and no walks. Scherzer yielded two runs over seven innings. ... Cabrera entered the game batting .522 (12 for23) with one homer in his career against Lester. He went 0 for 2 with a walk Friday. ... Ortizs fifth-inning single extended his season-long hitting streak to nine games. ... Detroit reliever Evan Reed was called for a balk in the seventh. Pepe Portugal Jersey . Wheeler scored two goals, including the winner, as the Winnipeg Jets beat the Minnesota Wild 6-4 on Friday in a game that featured a seven-goal first period. Cristiano Ronaldo Jersey . Gaborik was acquired in a trade with Columbus on Wednesday and skated on the top line with centre Anze Kopitar and right-winger Justin Williams. "We created some things," said Gaborik, who logged 16:38 of ice time. http://www.soccerportugalproshop.com/c- ... ersey.aspx. Green-Ellis was Cincinnatis leading rusher each of the last two seasons. His role was reduced last year when Giovani Bernard was added to the backfield. Green-Ellis ran for 756 yards and a career-low 3. Joao Moutinho Jersey .5 million. University officials released the term sheet signed by Harsin Wednesday, the day the former Broncos walk-on player and Boise native was named the successor to Chris Petersen, who left for Washington last week. Ruben Dias Jersey . Messis father, Jorge Horacio Messi, is apparently still under investigation for an alleged 4 million euros ($5.3 million) in unpaid taxes from Messis image rights from 2007-09. Messis public relations firm confirmed Spanish media reports that the state prosecutor has asked for Messi to be dropped from the investigation that began in June 2013. Canadas Brad Jacobs got off to a winning start at the Olympic curling competition on Monday, taking the lead for good by scoring three in the fourth end, en route to an 11-8 victory over a never-say-die John Jahr of Germany in Sochi. Jacobs scored two in the first end, but Jahr briefly took charge with two in the second end and two more in the third. Jacobs, from Sault. Marie, Ont., gave Canada some breathing room, following his bbig fourth end by adding two more points in the fifth to go up 7-4.dddddddddddd Germany trimmed the margin to two when Jahr scored one in the sixth end, before Canada tacked on two more in the seventh to take a 9-5 lead. Jahr stared at five Canadian stones in the house with the final shot of the eighth end and scored one. He then stole two in the ninth end, before Jacobs ended the match by scoring two in the tenth. Cheap NFL Jerseys Throwback China Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Outlet Wholesale NFL Gear Wholesale NFL Autographed Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys 2020 Cheap Jerseys 2020 ' ' '

15 cze 2018, 07:11
Zgłoś ten post

Odpowiedz z cytatem
SAN ANTONIO - The San Antonio Spurs continued rolling against the elite teams they struggled against early in the season, using a balanced attack to beat the Portland Trail Blazers for their eighth straight victory. Patty Mills scored 15 points, Tim Duncan had 10 points and 11 rebounds in limited minutes, and San Antonio trailed for only 11 seconds late in the first quarter of a 103-90 victory over Portland on Wednesday night. Since the All-Star break, the Spurs (48-16) have beaten the Trail Blazers twice and also defeated the Los Angeles Clippers, Chicago and Miami. They were 1-11 in the seasons first half against the Easts top two teams and remaining top five in the West. "Were getting a rhythm," San Antonio point guard Tony Parker said. "You dont want to peak too early, but were playing good basketball. Hopefully we can keep it going and stay healthy. The most important, like everybody knows, is the playoffs." Damian Lillard had 23 points for Portland (42-23), which lost LaMarcus Aldridge to a bruised back early in the second half. Aldridges status is unknown after X-rays on his back were negative. He was taken to the locker room and X-ray room in a wheelchair. San Antonios bench outscored Portlands 46-23, enabling coach Gregg Popovich to limit Duncan, Parker and Manu Ginobili to less than 30 minutes. The Spurs Big 3 tied Magic Johnson, Michael Cooper and Kareem Abdul-Jabbar of the Los Angeles Lakers for second all-time as a trio in total victories (490) and games played (663) as a trio. "Its remarkable," Ginobili said. "We were not thinking about that in the game and I guess were going to win a few more. But even if you didnt tell me that stat, we know were in a very unique position and situation. Having played together for 12 seasons with the same coach; it doesnt happen very often in the league and with that stat you can tell. Very proud of what weve accomplished; what were accomplishing." The trio achieved the feat using the same formula San Antonio has employed this season — aggressive defence and ball movement. Danny Green added 14 points for the Spurs, Ginobili scored 13, Kawhi Leonard had 12, and Tiago Splitter had 12 points and 10 rebounds. San Antonio had 21 assists and only 12 turnovers. The Spurs held the Trail Blazers to 38.6 shooting and was 4 for 21 on 3s. "I thought defence was good," Popovich said. "Obviously they missed LaMarcus in the second half. So that was a really tough break for them. I hope hes going to come back quickly. Hes a hell of player and nobody wants to see that." Portland opened the third quarter on an 8-0 run after trailing by as many as 17 in the first half, but lost Aldridge 43 seconds into the quarter. Aldridge drove the lane and rose for a running, 6-foot jumper, but tumbled backward after having his right knee hit Aron Baynes side. Unable to brace himself, Aldridge took the brunt of the fall on his left hip. He remained on the court for 3 minutes, grabbing his lower back before being helped off the court by teammates. "When a guy takes a tough fall like that, when youre airborne, you just dont know what can happen when you land," Portland coach Terry Stotts said. "The longer he stayed down, you just dont know." With Aldridge unable to continue, Thomas Robinson replaced him and made the ensuing free throw. Aldridge finished with 14 points and four rebounds in 21 minutes. With Aldridge out, fellow All-Star Lillard took over in the third. The speedy point guard scored 10 points, hitting a pair of 3s and throwing down a hard dunk while shooting 4 for 9 in the quarter. His second 3 pulled Portland within 61-55 with 5:45 left in third, but the Trail Blazers got no closer. "We played small," Stotts said. "There were a couple of points in the half that I thought we were climbing back in, but San Antonio, in beginning of the fourth, hits two 3s right when were in the thick of it. It was tough to get over the hump." San Antonio was 3 for 4 on 3s to open the fourth quarter for a 79-64 lead and cruised to victory. Wesley Matthews and Nicolas Batum scored 13 points each for Portland. "The aggressor in every fight wins," Matthews said. "I dont know if youve ever in a fight before, but the aggressor in any fight wins." NOTES: Portland G Mo Williams did not play after straining his right hip in the second quarter of the Blazers game Tuesday in Memphis. Williams was injured while driving around a screen for an 8-foot jumper. Williams finished with four points in 11 minutes. He is averaging nine points and 4.5 assists as the Trail Blazers primary sub. ... Popovich yelled at official David Guthrie a minute into the game over a perceived missed call, prompting Stotts to smile and tease his counterpart. "If hes going to start yelling now, so am I," Stotts said. Fagner Brazil Jersey . - The Detroit Lions have 13 takeaways this season — three less than all of last season — and the defence isnt the only unit pleased with the performance. Douglas Costa Brazil Jersey .35 million, avoiding arbitration. Davis led the majors last season with 53 home runs and 138 RBIs, both career highs. He earned $3. http://www.soccerbrazilonline.com/Taiso ... ca-Jersey/. -- Thirty years ago, the Detroit Pistons beat the Denver Nuggets 186-184 in triple overtime, a game that remains the highest scoring in NBA history. Gabriel Jesus Brazil Jersey . But Josh Bailey scored the shootout winner to lead the Islanders to a 3-2 win over the Montreal Canadiens in a battle of the Eastern Conferences two worst teams. Marquinhos Jersey .Y. - Terry and Kim Pegula have no immediate plans to tinker with their new NFL team. The results are in. Take a look at TSN.cas first ever Readers Votes mock draft. With the first pick in the draft the readers had the Houston Texans selecting the exciting and energetic Johnny Manziel. Following Manziel is Jadeveon Clowney going to the St.dddddddddddd Louis Rams, Teddy Bridgewater to the Jacksonville Jaguars, and Blake Bortles to the Cleveland Browns. NFL Editior Ben Fisher also compiled a mock draft to go alongside the readers votes. Go to TSN.ca to see both full mock drafts. Cheap NFL Jerseys Throwback China Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Outlet Wholesale NFL Gear Wholesale NFL Autographed Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys 2020 Cheap Jerseys 2020 ' ' '

15 cze 2018, 07:12
Zgłoś ten post

Odpowiedz z cytatem
LEXINGTON, Ky. -- Florida had the same plan when it was trailing and when it pulled ahead. The third-ranked Gators just wanted to maintain their composure. That steady approach turned into a big win at one of college basketballs most hostile venues. Scottie Wilbekin scored 23 points, including five critical free throws down the stretch, and Florida rallied for a tense 69-59 victory over No. 14 Kentucky on Saturday night in a matchup of the Southeastern Conferences top teams. "It was just one of those games where you have to kind of stay the course," Gators coach Billy Donovan said. Casey Prather had 24 points on 8-of-9 shooting as Florida tied a school record with its 17th straight win. Trailing 45-38 with 11:12 remaining, the veteran Gators (23-2, 12-0) turned to their best players down the stretch of their first victory at Rupp Arena since 2007. Wilbekin went 11 of 12 at the line, including two free throws after Kentucky coach John Calipari was whistled for a technical with 8:14 left. "I feel like Im always confident," said Wilbekin, who was 5 of 10 from the field. "When the balls in my hands, I feel like I have to make a play. I try to get to the basket or get the best shot for our team." Patric Young added 10 points, including two three-point plays during a 13-3 spurt that put the Gators ahead for good. Florida shot 60 per cent in the second half and 44 per cent (22 of 50) overall while controlling every major statistic except rebounding. Calipari said he didnt know what he said to draw a technical foul, but suggested Wilbekins free throws "could have" swung the game. "I dont know what he heard me say with my back to him, so you have to ask him," Calipari said. Andrew Harrison scored 20 points for Kentucky (19-6, 9-3), which had won 22 consecutive home games. Prathers three-point play with 38 seconds remaining helped complete Floridas rare road sweep of Kentucky and Tennessee in the same week. Kentucky outrebounded Florida 31-28 but couldnt grab an errant shot at the biggest moments, especially on the offensive end. The Gators took advantage for a 12-8 edge in second-chance points and basically controlled the paint, outscoring the Wildcats 34-22. James Young added 19 points for the Wildcats, who shot 48 per cent but didnt score in the final 1:55. Julius Randle had 13 points and 13 rebounds. Florida will host Kentucky in the rematch on March 8, but the victory puts the Gators in firm control of the conference race. It also strengthened their resume for a possible No. 1 seed in next months NCAA tournament. Floridas experience and poise -- especially before a loud, partisan crowd and a prime-time audience -- proved to be the difference against Kentuckys youth, especially in pressure moments throughout the second half. The Gators improved to 3-2 against ranked teams. "We were just trying to stay in the moment," Patric Young said. "We knew that they were going to throw punches and we were going to do the same thing. There was a lot of time left in the game. Our main focus was to stay with our principles and stay together." The first half certainly lived up to the hype with seven ties, six lead changes. Kentucky held the largest edge at just seven points, which Florida whittled to 31-28 at the break. Randle had 10 points at halftime. The game remained close until Patric Young began the pivotal run with the first of two big three-point plays at the 10:41 mark. Wilbekin helped with floor leadership in which he forced the action and drew fouls or found open teammates. Once ahead, the Gators limited the Wildcats opportunities, particularly in the final minutes when Kentucky was forced to take long shots. Christian Pulisic Jersey . He was 90. The team announced Monday that Adams had died, saying he "passed away peacefully from natural causes." The son of a prominent oil executive, Adams built his own energy fortune and founded the Houston Oilers. David Bingham Jersey .That is precisely what they got Sunday.The Ravens trailed at halftime and never built a comfortable lead against lowly Jacksonville, yet did just enough to squeeze out a 20-12 win to stay in the thick of the AFC playoff race. http://www.soccerusafansshop.com/Matt-H ... ca-Jersey/. -- The Tampa Bay Buccaneers have released veteran guard Davin Joseph, a mainstay on their offensive line over the past eight seasons. Chris Wondolowski Jersey . It was my fifth straight year attending and, as always, there are many interesting matters discussed as it pertains to the use of statistics in sports. Bill Hamid Jersey .2 million in 2012, according to tax returns the league has submitted.AUBURN HILLS, Mich. -- Kyrie Irvings last-minute 3-pointer helped seal another victory for Cleveland -- and the Cavaliers longest winning streak since LeBron James left. Irving connected from beyond the arc with 27.2 seconds remaining, and Cleveland went on to a 93-89 victory over the Detroit Pistons on Wednesday night. The Cavaliers have won four in a row for the first time since an eight-game streak in March 2010, not long before James departed for Miami. "Its been fun," said Irving, who was drafted by Cleveland with the No. 1 pick in 2011. "Four in a row -- this is the first time in my career. Its a big step." Tristan Thompson scored 14 of his 25 points in the fourth quarter for Cleveland, overpowering Detroits vaunted front line as the Cavs rallied from a 10-point deficit in the final period. The Pistons had their three-game winning streak snapped. Andre Drummond had 16 points and 17 rebounds for the Pistons, but he didnt do much in the fourth quarter, when Thompson took control inside. Cleveland led by one in the final minute when Irving made his big 3-pointer as the shot clock expired to put the Cavs ahead 89-85. Cleveland beat the Pistons for the first time in eight meetings. Detroit was playing its second game under interim coach John Loyer after Maurice Cheeks was fired Sunday, and this was a repeat of the problems the Pistons have had all season at home. Detroit has lost six games at The Palace when leading after three quarters. "We didnt guard as well as we did in the first three quarters," Loyer said. "They dominated the boards down the stretch. They got too many second shots. When you lead for 46 minutes, you expect to win the game." It was 76-66 in the fourth when the Cavaliers cut into the lead with an 8-0 run capped by Thompsons dunk off a nice pass from Irving. Detroit tried to hold on, but Irving made two free throws with 2:06 remaining, giving Cleveland its first lead of the game at 82-81.dddddddddddd Josh Smith spun to the basket for a dunk to put the Pistons back ahead, but Thompson came up with an offensive rebound and dunked to put the Cavs up 84-83. After Smith missed inside, a put-back dunk by Thompson at the other end made it 86-83. Kyle Singler cut Clevelands lead to one when he made two free throws with 51.4 seconds left, but with the Cavaliers next possession seemingly going nowhere, Irving found enough space to make his second 3-pointer of the game -- and Detroit never recovered. "Ive got to be better down the stretch and make that final box-out -- thats what got them going," Drummond said. "When Thompson got that put-back, and Kyrie hit that big 3 down the stretch, too, Ive got to put that on my shoulders. Thats on me." Irving finished with 23 points. Thompson had seven of his 15 rebounds in the fourth quarter. With so much mediocrity in the Eastern Conference this season, hardly anyone is really out of the playoff race. Detroit trails Charlotte by a half-game for the eighth and final post-season spot. Cleveland is three back of the Bobcats. "It was a big game for us -- especially the last game before the All-Star break," Thompson said. "A lot of teams come out thinking about the beach and being on vacation, but for us, we wanted to finish out the week strong." Drummond had 10 offensive rebounds, but the Pistons poor outside shooting finally caught up to them. Detroit went 9 for 38 outside the paint, including 4 of 23 from 3-point range. Rodney Stuckey was limited to 12 minutes for Detroit because of dizziness, and Cleveland was without Anderson Varejao, who sat out a second straight game with a sore back. NOTES: Rookie Anthony Bennett, who had his first career double-double on Tuesday in a win over Sacramento, scored only two points against Detroit. ... Drummond had only two points and two rebounds in the fourth quarter. Cheap NFL Jerseys Throwback China Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Outlet Wholesale NFL Gear Wholesale NFL Autographed Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys 2020 Cheap Jerseys 2020 ' ' '

15 cze 2018, 07:13
Zgłoś ten post

Odpowiedz z cytatem
Each week, The Reporters put their thumbs out to the good and the bad in the world of sports. This week they discuss Jason Collins ignoring homophobic slurs, Sam Tagesons big day with the San Jose Sharks, Alex Rodriguez in the news again, and Sidney Crosbys Hart Trophy case. Bruce Arthur, National Post My thumb is up to Jason Collins of the Brooklyn Nets. Remember Jason Collins? Big guy, sets screens, commits fouls, plays defence, and recently the first openly gay player in any of North Americas four major sports leagues. He never did much as a player; he still doesnt. And in his first 10 games since signing with Brooklyn, Collins hasnt been a distraction, hasnt created a media circus, and says that only one opposing player has thrown homophobic slurs his way. And how Collins reacted to that was important. He could have named names, damaged the guys reputation, and cost him a big league fine. Instead, in the manner of Jackie Robinson, Collins ignored the slurs. He just played, with dignity. By doing nothing Jason Collins showed that nameless idiot what mattered, and that it wasnt him. Steve Simmons, Sun Media My thumb is up to the San Jose Sharks, and not because theyre my pick to win the Stanley Cup. Well get to that in another show. This week the Sharks made the most meaningful transaction since the trade deadline. They signed 17-year-old Sam Tageson to a one-day contract, and turned one day into a lifetime of memories for many. Tageson was born with a debilitating heart condition that prevents strenuous activity. But against his doctors advice, he has never stopped playing hockey. The Sharks signed him to a one-day deal, had him practice with the team, dress with the club, hang around the players, and then skate out through that gigantic shark head and stand at the blue line for the national anthem. The crowd, the bench, the building, went crazy. For one night, there was crying in hockey and everybody loved it. Dave Naylor, TSN Radio 1050 My thumb is down to Alex Rodgriguez, who once again is embroiled in controversy, this time over supposed unpaid legal fees racked up while he was trying to defend himself from the season-long suspension. If you thought we could look forward to this baseball season to some respite from more A-Rod controversy, well, think again. Theres some disputing the legitimacy of this weeks reports, with suggestions that A-Rod fully intends to pay his bills. And since he has a net worth reported at more than 300 million, why wouldnt we give him the benefit of the doubt? Wait a minute … Alex Rodriguez? Benefit of the doubt? Oh, nevermind. Dave Hodge, TSN My thumb is up in agreement with Pittsburgh Penguins coach Dan Bylsma, who thinks Sidney Crosby is due to win the Hart Trophy for the second time, though I will take issue with Bylsma when he says there is "no question" that Crosby is the NHLs most valuable player. I do think theres a question – Im not sure why when the Penguins captain is running away with the scoring race and has appeared in all of Pittsburghs 70 games to lead the Pens to a certain Metropolitan Division title, but NHL watchers seem to want to consider other candidates. One problem with that - theres no answer to the question: who else should win? The next time you want Crosby to be better, name someone who is. Nicolas Otamendi Jersey . Calgarys Bo Levi Mitchell and Montreals Troy Smith will be the starting quarterbacks in a CFL season-opener for the first time in their careers. Both want to reinforce their No. 1 status. You can watch the game live in the first half of a doubleheader on TSN and TSN GO at 3:00pm et/Noon pt. Marcos Acuna Argentina Jersey . The alleged sexual assault is believed to have happened over the weekend of Feb. 1, when the hockey team was in Thunder Bay for two games against Lakehead University. The criminal investigation branch of the Thunder Bay Police Service is leading the investigation with help from Ottawa police. http://www.argentinasoccerauthentic.com ... ca-Jersey/. -- Nick Bjugstad snapped out of his scoring slump and spoiled Drew MacIntyres first NHL start. Giovani Lo Celso Jersey . Ashley Wagner will skate in the womens short program for a U.S. team thats in seventh place. Davis and White won the silver medal at the Vancouver Games and are two-time world champions. Eduardo Salvio Jersey .Y. -- Defenceman Ryan Murphy had a goal and an assist and Drew MacIntyre made 24 saves to help the Carolina Hurricanes beat the New York Islanders 4-2 in an exhibition game Wednesday night. LONDON -- French Open runner-up Simona Halep says she is ready for Wimbledon and has recovered well from the right shoulder muscle injury that forced her to withdraw from a tuneup tournament this week. The Romanian, who is seeded third at the All England Club, heads to Wimbledon with more confidence than in the past, saying: "Im looking forward to go very far in tthis tournament.dddddddddddd" Halep has never been past the second round at the grass-court major. But she reached the second week at each of the past three Grand Slam tournaments, getting to the fourth round at last years U.S. Open and the quarterfinals at the Australian Open in January, before making it to the final at Roland Garros this month. Cheap NFL Jerseys Throwback China Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Outlet Wholesale NFL Gear Wholesale NFL Autographed Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys 2020 Cheap Jerseys 2020 ' ' '

15 cze 2018, 07:14
Zgłoś ten post
Odpowiedz w temacie   [ Posty: 28 ]  Przejdź na stronę Poprzednia  1, 2, 3  Następna