Odpowiedz w temacie  [ Posty: 24 ]  Przejdź na stronę 1, 2, 3  Następna
I was more of a basketball and football 
Autor Wiadomość

Odpowiedz z cytatem
The Los Angeles Kings hope to lock up their second Stanley Cup title in three seasons Wednesday, when they try to complete a sweep of the New York Rangers at Madison Square Garden. Listen to the game on TSN Radio and watch live streaming of the post-game news conferences on TSN.ca and TSN GO. The Kings own a 3-0 lead heading into Game 4 of the best-of-seven Stanley Cup Finals. Los Angeles won the first two tilts of this series on home ice, posting comeback victories to win Games 1 and 2 beyond regulation before grabbing Mondays Game 3 meeting in New York by a 3-0 score. L.A., which beat New Jersey in six games for the franchises first Cup victory in 2012, can become the first NHL team to win the Stanley Cup Finals in a sweep since Detroit claimed four straight against Washington in 1998. However, the Kings also held a 3-0 lead over the Devils in 2012 but then dropped two straight before clinching the title on home ice in Game 6. The Rangers, meanwhile, will try to stave off elimination in Game 4 and send the series back to L.A. for a fifth meeting on Friday. New York is still shooting for its first win in the Stanley Cup Finals since 1994, when it beat Vancouver in seven games for its first title since 1940. The first Cup Finals game at Madison Square Garden in 20 years didnt go the way the Rangers planned, as the Kings used a strong performance by Jonathan Quick to deliver a 3-0 win and push New York to the brink of elimination. Quick made 32 saves to record his second shutout of the 2014 postseason and ninth of his playoff career. Jeff Carter, Jake Muzzin and Mike Richards all scored for the Kings, who needed overtime in Game 1 and double-overtime in Game 2 to win their two games at home. They got a late goal in the first period in Game 3, however, then scored twice more in the second to back Quicks stellar effort. "It was a playoff hockey game. We were trying to win a hockey game," said Quick. "We did a lot of things the right way. We were able to do that. Now we get ready for the next one. The fourth one is always the most difficult." The Rangers were playing their first home game in the Cup Finals since a Game 7 win against Vancouver on June 14, 1994. New York was hoping a familiar setting would get them in the win column, but that was not the case. The Rangers were unable to solve Quick, though, and Henrik Lundqvist was victimized for all three goals on just 15 shots. "He was obviously the best player on the ice tonight," said New York head coach Alain Vigneault about Quick. "Give them credit, though, because they found a way to put the puck past a real good goaltender and we couldnt do it." If New York is to win this series, it will have to do something only four other teams have done in NHL playoff history -- win four straight games after falling in a 3-0 hole. One of those clubs is the Kings, who rallied from a 3-0 deficit to beat the San Jose Sharks in the first round of this years playoffs. The only time a team erased a 3-0 deficit to win the Cup was in 1942 when Toronto defeated Detroit. Shortly after killing off a New York penalty and with time winding down in the first period, the Kings skated down the other way. Justin Williams gained the zone through the middle, slipping over to the right before sending a short pass back to his left. Carter took the feed and snapped a shot from the top of the right circle that hit off the tip of the left skate blade of a diving Dan Girardi and in off the glove of Lundqvist with just 0.8 seconds left. It was the first time the Kings had a lead in a game since the third period of Game 6 of the Western Conference finals, a span of 249:14. "Well, I know there wasnt a lot of shots on net," said Lundqvist about the goal. "But we felt we played a real good period, the pace was good, there wasnt a lot of room, both teams were battling real hard for ice. That was their only chance in the first period. We out-chanced them 4-1. We had some real good looks. Stuff like that happens." Muzzin made it 2-0 L.A. less than five minutes into the second stanza when his shot from the point hit off Rangers forward Martin St. Louis before beating Lundqvist, who was screened in front by Carter. Richards then completed the scoring with 2:46 left in the second period. Los Angeles forward Anze Kopitar had an assist in the game and has 21 helpers in the postseason. His 26 points leads all skaters in the postseason, while Carter and Williams are tied for second with 24 each. Williams has recorded a point in five straight games, and has two goals and seven assists over that span. If the Rangers are to make a series of this, they will likely need forward Rick Nash to contribute on offense. Nash has yet to register a point in this series despite totaling 15 shots on net in the first three games. Nash, who led New York with 26 goals during the regular season, has had a disappointing playoffs overall, recording just 10 points (3G, 7A) in 23 contests. Samir Nasri Jersey . Freddie Roach said if the Rios fight "does not go well, we will seriously talk about his retirement," but that Pacquiao was training as well as ever for the Nov. Wilfried Bony Jersey .ca. The NHL Play of the Year showdown kicks off with some slick moves going head-to-head with a combination of soft hands and endless patience. http://www.authenticmanchestercityshop. ... ty-Jersey/. Catch the game on TSN starting at 7pm et/4pm pt. You can also listen to all the action live on TSN 1050 at 7pm et. The Knicks are two games behind the Atlanta Hawks for the eighth seed in the Eastern Conference race. Raheem Sterling Jersey . It all would have been for naught, however, had it not been for some clutch shooting in the fourth quarter by Kobe Bryant and a couple of equally critical hustle plays by Derek Fisher and Pau Gasol in the final minutes. Jason Denayer Jersey . -- Slugger Jose Abreu, All-Star left-hander Chris Sale and closer Matt Lindstrom are on the disabled list.DW: What is something you wish you could have done but didnt get a chance to accomplish as the commissioner?MC: Well, I still have a little bit of time left, but I would say I wish, by the time of my announcement, we could have wrapped the bow around a potential deal with the Argos and BMO Field. Can we get a lease agreement and can we get them in there to play by 2016 or 2017. Hopefully we can still get it done, those conversations are still ongoing and thats something that I would say I wish I could have gotten done in advance of my announcement.DW: Back in 2007 when your signature had to be printed on the CFL ball, how many attempts did it take to get the perfect signature?MC: The problem is I dont know if its perfect yet. I remember I did the deal with the league in March of 2007, we announced myself, and I wasnt starting until April 16th or 17th. In between that window of signing the agreement and when I was supposed to start they told me to practice and practice. I had sheets of paper; I must have done 50 or 60 different signatures. And the best part of it was when it finally appeared on the ball I gave one of the footballs to be my best friend, and he looked at the signature and he said, “I didnt know Mark Cuban was the commissioner of the CFL,” so… obviously my signature sucks. #174014540 / gettyimages.com DW: Im sure Mark Cuban would be okay with being the commissioner of the CFL too.MC: Yeah!(Image courtesy of The UnTicket)DW: Back in the early 90s John Candy and Wayne Gretzky co-owned the Toronto Argonauts along with Bruce McNall – if you could choose one comedian and one hockey player to buy the Argos today, who would you choose?(Image courtesy of TVA Sports)MC: Umm, one comedian… (laughs), Steven Wright! Ive always loved Steven Wright because he looks at the world a lot differently than most people. I think he would be pretty funny, and he could look at the Argos and look at the challenge in Toronto in a much different way. And one hockey player… hmm, maybe (Zdeno) Chara, because hes big enough that you could suit him up and he could play on the o-line as well. #143548151 / gettyimages.com DW: He probably could play. He would make a great tight end!MC: Thats after his injury is healed of course. #457460304 / gettyimages.com DW: Ive seen pictures on your twitter of the new Canadian North CFL plane –- you can be honest with us, is that essentially your own personal Air Force One?MC: Oh, of course! You know, Im taking it down to vacations all the time. That plane, we just did it a month ago and Ive been flying myself around the world… (laughs) no… I wish. Were excited about that plane and I wish I were around longer to fly on it more.DW: Yeah, its definitely pretty cool. Our new Canadian North #cfl plane. East teams on the otheer side.dddddddddddd Very cool. pic.twitter.com/vAnjJG96VL — Mark Cohon (@canadiancommish) November 18, 2014DW: When you get some time to relax, what television shows do you commonly find yourself watching?MC: Wow, umm… I watch a variety of different shows. Its boring but its who I am, I love Animal Planet, Im really an outdoorsy guy and I watch all kinds of different Animal Planet shows with my little girl. I hate the one where they try to find Big Foot… thats ridiculous! It terms of show shows I like Homeland a lot. But its been busy lately; I havent been able to watch a lot of TV. And then obviously on my last vacation I downloaded all of Breaking Bad and watched it last year. I was almost going to go as the main character from Breaking Bad for Halloween, but I thought maybe it wasnt appropriate as the commissioner to put on a suit from a meth lab.DW: Are you a hockey fan at all?MC: In terms of sports football is number one. I played a little bit of hockey as a kid but I was more of a basketball and football player. My family, my dad, was one of the part owners of the Toronto Toros years and years ago, so I like the game and I appreciate the game but my heart is more in football.(Image courtesy of Wikipedia)DW: Who is your favourite hockey team?MC: Well, I mean… if its going to be one, because Im a Toronto boy it would have to be the Leafs. Ill probably get in trouble with the rest of the country for saying that, but Im the outgoing commissioner of the CFL… its not like I picked what CFL team I like best!DW: Are you aware of the @FakeMarkCohon Twitter account?MC: Yeah! He should be the next commissioner hes pretty funny!(Image courtesy of The Snap)DW: Yeah, I was going to ask what you think of it.MC: I think I want to meet him. I dont know who he is or who controls it, but maybe he should be the owner of the Argos as a good comedian!DW: Our Web site is called BarDown because a great way for a hockey player to score a goal is to hit the crossbar over the goalie and have the puck go down into the net -- do you think you could do that with a hockey stick?MC: It would be a couple hundred shots but I could eventually get it. My wrist shots pretty good for a guy who doesnt play much hockey. My slap shot… its just not there.DW: I wish we had a stick and puck handy to test this! Finally, what does the future hold for Mark Cohon? What do you have planned with all this free time?MC: Im going to take my time. I would like to do something more entrepreneurial, I am interested in continuing the sports base, I am interested in the world around fitness and health and the way consumers are moving towards a healthier lifestyle and thinking about that space. But I like things that make a difference in peoples lives. So I think those areas combined could make for something very entrepreneurial for me. Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys Disocunt Football Jerseys White NFL Jerseys Cheap Discount Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys 2020 Wholesale NFL T-shirts NFL Jerseys China ' ' '

08 cze 2018, 06:51
Zgłoś ten post

Odpowiedz z cytatem
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- The Denver Broncos took another step in the renovation of their secondary Tuesday by agreeing to a four-year deal with Pro Bowl safety T.J. Ward. Ward will play in a backfield that will be without Champ Bailey, who was released last week, and could move on without Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, who entered free agency without a new deal from the Broncos. Ward had 129 tackles and two interceptions for Cleveland last year. The Broncos are looking for some stability at a position that got juggled last year, with the loss of Rahim Moore and the inconsistent play of Duke Ihenacho. Veteran Mike Adams, also formerly of Cleveland, started the season as a reserve but ended up in the starting lineup. "Hes a young, explosive strong safety who is going to bring a lot of energy and toughness to our secondary," Broncos boss John Elway said of Ward. But the Broncos arent expected to make the sort of free-agent plays that marked their last two seasons, when they signed Wes Welker and Peyton Manning. Denvers big receiving news Tuesday was a two-year extension for fourth receiver Andre Caldwell, who could move up a notch if the Broncos part ways with Eric Decker. Caldwell came on late in the season when Welker was sidelined with a concussion. The 28-year-old Caldwell had 11 of his 16 receptions over the final three games of the season. His most productive game in 2013 was against San Diego on Dec. 12, when he had six receptions for 59 yards and two TDs. Caldwell was held without a catch in the 43-8 loss to Seattle in the Super Bowl. "Hopefully I can compete for an extended role this year and contribute a lot more to the team," Caldwell said. Caldwell received an invitation from Manning to attend off-season workouts at Duke University. Last spring, only Welker, Demaryius Thomas and Decker were invited to work on their chemistry with the five-time NFL MVP quarterback. "Its just a process of building confidence with those guys all the way from April," Caldwell said. Ward is expected to be a main piece around which the Broncos reshape a defence that was obliterated by an injury epidemic last season, losing Von Miller, Chris Harris Jr., Derek Wolfe, Kevin Vickerson and Moore. The Broncos also could seek a replacement for linebacker Wesley Woodyard, a free agent who is exploring other options. Theyll need a new starting guard now that Zane Beadles has agreed to terms with Jacksonville. Running back Knowshon Moreno is a free agent as well after rushing for 1,038 yards and 10 TDs in 2013. The Broncos also hired two new coaches on Tuesday, bringing in assistant offensive line coach James Cregg and offensive quality control coach Bo Hardegree. Deion Sanders Jersey . The striker headed Spurs into a 35th-minute lead and tapped in their third in the 71st after Chico Flores own goal. Wilfried Bony hit the bar and had a good penalty appeal for a push by Tottenham captain Michael Dawson turned down in the first half, before getting Swanseas consolation late on. Dave Dravecky Jersey .Mallais and his team out of Saint John defeated James Grattan 5-4 in Fredericton.The 2015 Tim Hortons Brier from Feb. http://www.sfgiantsapparelsshop.com/bus ... ersey-c-6/. Trailing by a goal after 20 minutes of play, Joe Pavelski responded with three goals and an assist as the Sharks snapped a two-game losing skid with a 5-2 victory over the struggling Edmonton Oilers on Tuesday. Gaylord Perry Jersey . "Im going to send Webbie a six-pack (of beer) tonight," she said. Webb wasnt sure that would help. "Ill probably drink one and go to sleep," the Australian veteran said. The two players set up a Sunday showdown between former HSBC champions after finishing off their third rounds with identical birdies over three of the last five holes Saturday to separate themselves slightly from the rest of the crowded leaderboard. Johnny Cueto Jersey . Having won the first leg 1-0 in Barcelona, Madrid entered the match at the Santiago Bernabeu Stadium already in control and quickly sealed its place in the semifinals when Jese Rodriguez scored in the seventh minute.BOSTON - Fifteen days after they captured their first Stanley Cup in 49 years, the Blackhawks began the unfortunate task of deconstruction, a stinging process necessitated by a series of looming cap constrictions. Dustin Byfuglien was the first to go, packaged to Atlanta. Kris Versteeg joined him on the way out six days later, dealt to Toronto. One day after that, it was Andrew Ladd on the move, set to join Byfuglien with the Thrashers. Free to walk, Antti Niemi would sign with San Jose two months after that. Eight players from that squad would capture the Cup again for the Blackhawks on Monday night. With an impressive core from the 2010 team still in place, Chicago managed to reconstruct itself around the edges in a span of four seasons, a fine detailing of the roster in the cap era. The stars would still dominate. Jonathan Toews and Patrick Kane joined forces and effectively took over the series in Game 4 and thereafter. Patrick Sharp would score 10 in the playoffs, including a pair against the Bruins. Brent Seabrook would end two tilts in extra-time. Duncan Keith would play more than anyone not named Chara. But the Hawks would, like they did in 2010, require the contributions of their secondary and in some cases, young and emerging parts. "Theres something about the core we have and the team we had this year," said Kane, the Conn Smythe Trophy winner. The third goalie behind Niemi and Cristobal Huet three summers back, Corey Crawford would end up leading the playoffs with a 1.84 goals against average, stopping 23 pucks in the finale. Bryan Bickell would snipe nine in the postseason, none bigger than the game-tying goal with 58 seconds left in Game 6. A fifth round pick in 2011, Andrew Shaw would end Game 1 in triple overtime. Dave Bolland, so impactful in the previous run, wouldnt score until the Final with Boston, tallying three including the series clincher. Fifteen years after he first entered the league, Michal Handzus, flipped to Chicago for a fourth round pick in April, would total 11 points en route to his first Cup. Acquired from Winnipeg in February 2012, Johnny Oduya would score the game-tying goal in the opener, his point shot instigating Bollands historic winner. Even Michael Frolik, once a top-10 pick in Florida, would find his place in Chicago, bringing energy and enthusiasm to a blistering penalty kill, chipping in with the odd point in a depth role. His linemate Marcus Kruger, the 149th pick in the 2009 draft, would score in a wild Game 4. The fingerprints of formeer Hawks general manager Dale Tallon still remain at the heart of the Hawks squad that would seize the Cup for the second time in four years.ddddddddddddWithout the mighty core of Toews, Kane, Keith, Seabrook, Sharp, Marian Hossa (who had seven goals and 16 points) and head coach Joel Quenneville among others, Chicago does not race out of the lockout with a 24-game unbeaten streak nor finish as the Presidents Trophy winner nor top the Bruins in six games. The dominance of Toews and Kane in particular - nine points combined in the final three games - would unquestionably reverse the course of the 2013 Final. Their victimization of Chara was, at times, simply astonishing to behold. But up, down and across the roster, the Blackhawks, led by Stan Bowman at the top, would find contributions from a wide array of sources, a testament to their ability to retool in the constricting cap era. An immediate impact from the draft in 2011 for instance would yield Shaw and Brandon Saad, who finished the regular season with the fifth-most points among rookies. Continued development from Bickell and Niklas Hjalmarsson would also pay dividends. And while they initially sought Marty Turco in their efforts to replace Niemi after the celebration in 2010, it was Crawford - actually a Mike Smith draft pick - who would rise through the ranks and deliver another Cup with an altogether sturdy postseason. "Worked hard," he said joyously afterward, "kept telling myself Eventually youre going to get your chance, keep working hard." He and 30-year-old Ray Emery, a free agent signing in 2011, would join ranks to capture the William Jennings Trophy, awarded to the goalie tandem with the lowest goals against during the regular season. Like in 2010, decisions await the Hawks - who have just over $2 million in cap space for next season according to CapGeek. A playoff sensation, Bickell hits the free agent market, joined by Emery, and Viktor Stalberg. The next wave of promising talent is on the way though to fill the gaps, led by Saad, Jeremy Morin, Mark McNeill, Brandon Pirri and the 18th overall selection in 2012, Teuvo Teravainen. Toews is still only 25, Kane just 24. And with the remaining pieces of that finely tuned core locked in place beyond next season, the Hawks can continue to retool and rebuild around the edges, just as they did in 2013. "Its one of the toughest trophies to win in pro sports," an elated Seabrook said after Game 6. "It was nice to see everybody step up." Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys Disocunt Football Jerseys White NFL Jerseys Cheap Discount Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys 2020 Wholesale NFL T-shirts NFL Jerseys China ' ' '

08 cze 2018, 06:52
Zgłoś ten post

Odpowiedz z cytatem
EL SEGUNDO, CALIF. – Darryl Sutter was at his sarcastic best on Sunday. "Yeah, Im not rattled," the Los Angeles Kings head coach said when asked about overcoming the Game 4 loss to Anaheim. "Im just thankful Im alive today. Im fortunate to pull through after the devastating loss last night." Sutter joked that he almost didnt make it to his daily media interrogation. "They had to get me up – Radar and Hawkeye had to get me up to come here today," said Sutter, referencing characters from the television show M*A*S*H. The point was clear: this is a veteran coach with a veteran team that isnt about to be fazed by losing two straight or by facing a hotshot young goalie. The Kings lost 20 games during the regular season when outshooting an opponent. Only the New York Rangers (22) and Calgary Flames (21) were ahead of them in that category. So what happened on Saturday night, when they outshot the Ducks 28-14 overall and 19-3 over the last two periods, but still came out on the short end of the scoreboard, is old hat and thus not worth losing too much sleep over. "Pretty nice out here today," said forward Jarret Stoll. "Sun came out. Its Mothers Day and my moms here so itll be a good off day." Meanwhile, about 30 miles down the road in Anaheim, John Gibson had already been named the Ducks starter for Game 5. Only hours earlier he had become the youngest goalie in NHL history to post a shutout in his playoff debut. It was only his fourth career NHL game. Hes stopped 111 of the 115 shots faced in those games (.965 save percentage). It has been a remarkable start to the 20-year-olds career. "I know hes calm and cool or whatever, but its our job to make his job a lot harder," said Kings forward Mike Richards. "Its a lot of pressure to put on a young kid [playing him in this series] and you can say it all you want, Hes calm, cool, but if we start getting bodies in front we dont know how hes going to react." Los Angeles had 25 shots blocked on Saturday and missed on 18 other attempts. "Most of the goalies in the league are pretty much the same," said defenceman Drew Doughty. "We have a little sheet that we [get] before the game and its pretty much the same things: whether he handles the puck well, hes usually not good in traffic like any goalie, not good with screens, tips, so thats exactly what we have to do. We have to get the second opportunities and put them in. We just got to bear down and get more goals. "It shouldnt matter whos in net." Thats basically the exact same message players on the Ducks were telling anyone who would listen after they dropped the first two games at home despite outshooting the Kings and controlling the lions share of possession. Now the shoe is very much on the other foot. "The playoffs, really, is about scoring big goals and we were doing that early in the series and winning games that way and theyre doing that now," Doughty said. "We want to have possession of the puck and take control of the game like we did in the last two periods last night, but we got to score big goals." Considering the Kings track record and championship pedigree they are far from flustered. After staring into the abyss of an 0-3 deficit in the last round against the San Jose Sharks they arent about to let a rookie goalie get in their heads. So there was no cram session on Sunday featuring video of Gibson. After all, Gibson isnt the issue. "I dont think weve played poorly," said Richards, "but we just havent gotten to that desperation level that we had in San Jose where youre just fighting for every inch on the ice, and I think thats that mentality that we have to get back to." The Kings will get a chance to up their intensity level on Monday night at the Honda Center when the series resumes. But Sunday was all about mothers. And Sutter had already placed a call to his mom before meeting with the media. "Yeah, I did," he acknowledged. "But she was in church. I shouldve known to call later. Thats the last thing I told the players. Make sure they talk to their moms or a mother in their life today." Stoll wont have to make a call. His mom, Sherri, is in town and he planned on spending the day with her. "She loved the cowbell," said Stoll, a Saskatchewan native, when asked about his favourite hockey-mom memory. "We had a group of parents who were the loudest group of parents who followed their sons around and my mom had the big cowbell that shed hammer on and Im sure it was pretty annoying for some people and you look up in the stands and Im like, Thats my mom." As for Sutter, he was asked if had any special plans for Mothers Day. "Oh no," he said sarcastically. "Im going to go watch some video on Gibson." Marco Parolo Jersey . -- Matt Rupert scored once in regulation and again in the shootout as the London Knights extended their win streak to nine games by defeating the Owen Sound Attack 4-3 on Friday in Ontario Hockey League action. Emanuele Giaccherini Jersey . Louis Cardinals continued their offensive tear with a 9-5 victory over the Los Angeles Dodgers in the opener of a four-game series. http://www.italysoccerauthority.com/leo ... ersey/.com) - The Los Angeles Dodgers and Philadelphia Phillies have finalized their agreed-upon trade that sends former National League MVP Jimmy Rollins to the West Coast for a pair of minor league pitching prospects. Graziano Pelle Jersey . According to a report from ESPN, the Green Bay Packers have re-signed the cornerback to a four-year, $39 million deal with a $12. Giorgio Chiellini Jersey . 5 Trade Deadline is drawing closer and teams will be deciding on whether to buy or sell.Ottawa Senators owner Eugene Melnyk would like to see Bryan Murray raise the Stanley Cup as the clubs general manager. After extending Murrays contract through the 2015-16 season, Melnyk also extended that window and put something of a timer on that ultimate goal. "We think that we have all the core group in place," Melnyk said on a conference call Monday. "I think if we were on the same trajectory as we have been over the last few years, that its ultimately going to lead to a championship-type team." Murray, who was given the additional title of president of hockey operations, agreed to serve as an adviser for two seasons after his tenure as general manager is up. After building this group over the past six-plus seasons, he hopes not to have to wait too long for a title. "I think obviously the objective is to do it when Im here as a general manager," Murray said. "The core we have is a very good core, its young." And Murray knows that inexperience can lead to growing pains. The Senators struggled for much of the first half of this season, going 14-17-7 before a recent run put them within two points of the final playoff spot in the Eastern Conference. Success made working out an extension for Murray easier because Melnyk wanted to negotiate during an "upswing" and "ensure that nobody ever would think that this was some kind of knee-jerk reaction to what was not an optimal beginning to the season." The timing seemingly had more to do with the departure of assistant GM Tim Murray, Bryans nephew, who was hired as the Buffalo Sabres head man last week. In addition to extending Murray, the Senators promoted Pierre Dorion and Randy Lee to assistant general managers. Dorion, who was already in charge of scouting and drafting, takes on contract-negotiation duties, while Lee, who was in charge of player development, also becomes GM of Ottawas AHL affiliate in Binghamton. "Its a great day for all of us going forward," Murray said. More moves coould be coming down the line to bolster the hockey operations department, though not on the management side.dddddddddddd Murray said the Senators could perhaps use "another set of eyes" in the scouting department. "We lost a pretty good evaluator in Tim, so do we have enough?" Murray said. "I believe we do for now. If we have to do something in the future because of other coverage, then well address it at that time." For now, Murray can go about his job with some extra security. Hes considering moves before the trade deadline to bolster Ottawas playoff hopes, and he and his assistants will have some work to do on current contracts. "We understand that weve got about five players that are important parts of the present team that we have to make a decision on and do a contract for," he said. "Were kind of setting ourselves up to do that." Winger Milan Michalek and defenceman Chris Phillips are set to be unrestricted free agents this summer, while goaltender Robin Lehner will be a restricted free agent. Captain Jason Spezza, winger Bobby Ryan and defenceman Marc Methot are up in the summer of 2015. "As we go forward over the next few months well make contact with the agents and see in a couple cases if we can extend them," Murray said without naming names. "A couple of them we have to wait until July 1. But internally were making those decisions and well be in the best possible position, I believe to do (it), and then it will be up to the players agent to deal with us." Spezza and Ryans deals end a year before Murrays. Melnyk and Murray have discussed potential succession plans, but Monday wasnt the time they wanted to discuss that inevitability. "We just have to now kind of over the next little while evaluate people and decide what may happen," Murray said. "But thats a little ways down the road, and I hope we have a lot of success between now and that decision being made." Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys Disocunt Football Jerseys White NFL Jerseys Cheap Discount Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys 2020 Wholesale NFL T-shirts NFL Jerseys China ' ' '

08 cze 2018, 06:53
Zgłoś ten post

Odpowiedz z cytatem
BALTIMORE -- The Baltimore Orioles have confidence that Kevin Gausman eventually will emerge as a top-of-the-rotation starter. On Saturday, they saw a glimpse of that ability against Oakland. Gausman earned his first win as a starter while Adam Jones and David Lough each homered, leading the Orioles over the Athletics, 6-3. Called up from Triple-A Norfolk earlier in the day, Gausman (1-1) set career highs by pitching seven innings and striking out six. Gausman, the fourth overall pick in the 2012 draft, gave up one run and four hits and walked one. He had made six previous starts in the majors over two seasons. "Its always huge when you get a win, especially against a team like the As," Gausman said. "Theyre playing great baseball right now. Its been a fun serious to watch so far. Hopefully, we can win the series tomorrow." Jones hit his ninth homer, a solo shot in the first. Lough, who entered the game batting just .184, hit his second homer. Still, Jones said the difference in the game was how Gausman contained Oaklands powerful lineup. "Hes getting the opportunity," Jones said. "This game is all about confidence. Its not about necessarily about stuff. Your stuff will get you here, but your confidence. "Now hes going to get his shot to start. I told him, Hey, go after him. Use your stuff. Youve got a good arm for a reason, so use your stuff and go after them. " Sonny Gray (6-2) allowed a season-high five runs and four hits and four walks in 5 1-3 innings, his shortest outing of the year. "I felt really good there early in the game, then it was like four or five hitters, and the game just kind of blew up on me right there," Gray said. "I just went out and started throwing balls, and I dont know why. I got behind a lot of hitters that inning, and it was just too many balls, then that one big hit." Coco Crisp got three hits for Oakland. He connected in the third for his fourth home run, and extended his hitting streak to a season-high 11 games. It was 1-all before Baltimore scored three times in the fifth to give Gausman a cushion. Lough drew a one-out walk and Caleb Joseph followed with a double, setting up RBI singles by Nick Markakis and Manny Machado. The As threatened in the sixth when Alberto Callaspo and Eric Sogard led off with singles and advanced on a wild pitch. Gausman escaped by striking out Josh Donaldson and Brandon Moss. "Kevin was good, really good," Orioles manager Buck Showalter said. "Got his feet on the ground. I thought Caleb and him worked real well together. I wanted Caleb catching him today. He had caught him, obviously, in Norfolk. "Good split, got enough breaking balls over to show a third pitch, established the inner half of the plate. Hes got pretty good stuff. He got in a couple situations and went and got another level, which was good to see." After a walk to J.J. Hardy ended Grays night, former Orioles closer Jim Johnson entered and allowed a two-run homer to Lough on his second pitch that extended Baltimores lead 6-1. Johnson got only two outs, allowing two hits. The As pulled within 6-3 in the eighth when Brian Matusz allowed a walk to Sogard and a double to Crisp. Darren ODay entered and gave up a two-run single to Kyle Blanks. "He pitched pretty well," Oakland manager Bob Melvin said about Gausman. "He hit 99 (miles per hour), and he started mixing it up and pitching a little differently. His two-seamer was significantly different from his four-seamer, in terms of velocity and movement. Then he started throwing his slider for a strike and putting away some splits." NOTES: Orioles RHP Miguel Gonzalez (strained right oblique) will throw a bullpen session Sunday or Monday and then could possibly begin a rehab start later in the week. ... Baltimore optioned LHP Tim Berry to Double-A Bowie to make room for Gausman. ... Oakland has homered in 15 consecutive games, eight games shy of the club record. . ... Oakland LHP Scott Kazmir (6-2, 2.40 ERA) faces Orioles RHP Ubaldo Jimenez (2-6, 4.39) in the series finale. ... Johnson faced his former team for the first time and drew a mixed reaction from the sold-out crowd. Sonny Jurgensen Jersey . When New Zealand finally held on for an 8-7 win, France No. 8 Imanol Harinordoquy collapsed to the ground, having given every drop of energy he could muster, and lay prone as All Blacks danced around him in celebration. Few critics had given France any chance, but coach Marc Lievremonts team rallied from 8-0 down and came within one kick of taking the lead with 15 minutes remaining, only for flyhalf Francois Trinh-Ducs 49-meter effort to drift wide. Rob Kelley Jersey .J. -- New York Giants quarterback Eli Manning is going to start the off-season training program with a surgically repaired left ankle. http://www.cheapredskinslockroom.com/AU ... NS-JERSEY/. -- Jaye Marie Green shot a course-record 10-under 62 on Wednesday to take the first-round lead in the LPGA Tours qualifying tournament. Brian Quick Jersey . - Golden State Warriors coach Steve Kerr has nothing but good problems right now. Niles Paul Jersey . The hard-serving 22-year-old from Thornhill, Ont., became the first Canadian to be ranked in the Top 10 on the ATP World Tour thanks to his runner-up performance at Rogers Cup in Montreal.MONTREAL – Professional athletes tend to best remember the teams with which they win a championship. A bond is forged for life. A group gets together, slogs through the adversity of a long season, plays its best when the games matter most and shares the glory of its achievement. The 1994 Montreal Expos didnt win the World Series. Nobody did. A players strike saw to that. But theres this lingering feeling among the nearly two-dozen players and coaches who gathered to celebrate their special team that they would have been champions, that the 1994 Expos would have secured a third-consecutive world championship for a Canadian-based team. “I think thats the one thing that sticks around too much,” said Cliff Floyd. “If youd played it out, youd feel better about it. If we lost you still feel better about going and getting the opportunity to play. When you dont play it out you wonder what if wed gotten the opportunity to play in the playoffs.” “We built a special bond in 1994,” said Marquis Grissom, a two-time All-Star in a 17-year career. “It didnt just start in 94, it started in 1990, in 1989-1990 when we were all in spring training trying to make the team. It just festered all the way up to 94 to where we all came together for one common cause and that was to win a World Series. We didnt expect to do anything less.” Championship baseball teams need a lot to go right. They must do the obvious, like outpitching and outhitting and outscoring their opponents on more nights than not. Emerging clubs - that Expos team was still so young - must also experience breakthrough moments. Floyd, a rookie that year who would go on to play 17 seasons in the big leagues and make an All-Star Game, provided such a moment. It was June 27. The Expos were hosting the then-National League East-leading Braves. Floyd blew open a close game with a two-out, three-run home run in the seventh inning off of future first-ballot Hall-of-Famer Greg Maddux. Montreal won the game and closed to within a game-and-a-half of the division lead. By the time the strike started a month and a half later, the Expos led the Braves by six games in the standings. “I think about that a lot,” said Floyd. “I think about when I walked up to the plate that day. I think about what was on my mind that day. I just told myself get a good pitch to hit. The type of team we had then, the expectations and what I did in the minor leagues, they were showcased in 94 but I just said if I can just help us go out and win some games, you dont know what games or how important theyre going to be when you do it but that was one of the biggest moments of my life was for me to get that home run.” Felipe Alou pulled the strings from the dugout. Hell be 79 in May and he speaks of the 1994 team like a proud father. He is, in a literal seense, because his son, Moises, was among the clubs many young stars.dddddddddddd Charged with cultivating that entire unit, two decades later Alou marveled at the talent the franchise had assembled. “The 1994 club was hard to compare with anybody because we had three closers, we had incredible starting pitching and we had speed, power and defence,” he said. “Not too many teams can say that and they were young. They were getting better.” Surely the manager deserves some credit? “Anytime you have a team like that youre a good coach,” said Alou. Much has been theorized about the breakup of the team in the aftermath of the strike. Larry Walker, a could-be Hall-of-Famer whos yet to be voted in and would like an Expos cap on his plaque if the day comes, didnt want to leave. He signed with Colorado when the strike ended and embarked on a tremendous 10-season run with the Rockies before wrapping up his career in St. Louis. “There wasnt a contract on the table for a lot of us and the game kind of dictates that and you move on,” said Walker. “Its the nature of the game. I didnt leave because I hated anybody or hated the city or anything crazy like that. I know theres been some dumb stuff written about it from what Ive been told but I was just another ballplayer trying to win. We had a winning franchise that got broken up.” Grissom insists a group of top-end players went to ownership to try to persuade the group to keep the young core together. “We took it upon ourselves to try to go upstairs and tell them, hey, well take less money to stay together,” said Grissom. “We dont know how much less that would have been but, really, the strike took effect on us and there wasnt anything we could do. Even if wed taken less money I still dont think we would have stayed here.” There are more gray hairs. In some cases, the bellies are bigger. But the memories came flooding back, the reunion a chance to ask the “what if?” question one more time. If this weekend accomplishes nothing else, its reminded the powers of Major League Baseball that Montreal is a baseball town. Right now theres no ownership and no stadium for the franchise pipe dream but at least one man is hoping that the energy that still surrounds the 1994 Expos will contribute to the momentum to bring a team back to Montreal. “I believe that if we ever get a team back here it will be because of the 1994 team,” said Alou. “That is what the people in these communities, Montreal, Laval, the cities around here, they are holding on to the 1994 club. They believe that this memory, they talk about it. We are here, the 1994 team. Its not the 1993 or the 1995, its the 1994. The people hope and I hope that that club that was so good will help bring baseball back to this city.” Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys Disocunt Football Jerseys White NFL Jerseys Cheap Discount Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys 2020 Wholesale NFL T-shirts NFL Jerseys China ' ' '

08 cze 2018, 06:54
Zgłoś ten post

Odpowiedz z cytatem
DENVER - Corey Dickerson is still wondering why he was at the centre of a near scrum. Dickerson hit Atlanta catcher Gerald Laird with his backswing and tempers quickly flared, setting off a tense sequence and leading to several ejections Thursday as the Colorado Rockies beat the Braves 10-3. The Rockies led 8-3 in the eighth when Dickerson fouled away a pitch and knocked off Lairds facemask. "It was on a two-strike slider on a backswing that I hit Laird, but it was an accident and I think they know that," Dickerson said. A stunned Laird was on the ground for several minutes before walking off the field under his own power and being replaced by Evan Gattis. "Hes OK," Braves manager Fredi Gonzalez said. "They did all the concussion tests and the doctor cleared him to fly back with us. Im sure hes going to be a little sore. Dickersons backswing got him more on the jaw than on the head. I think we dodged a bullet there." With his next pitch, Atlanta reliever David Carpenter hit Dickerson in the thigh and was ejected. "I guess Carpenter thought it was on purpose," Dickerson said. Rockies manager Walt Weiss bolted from the dugout and began yelling at Carpenter, as well as in the general direction of Gonzalez. Weiss was held back by home plate umpire Jordan Baker before being ejected. When he returned to the dugout, Weiss smashed a bat against the wall. "If you think a guy can foul a ball off and then at the same time hit the catcher on the backswing on purpose, you got no clue," Weiss said. "They made their decision. They made a bad choice." Carpenter denied throwing at Dickerson. "I tried to run a fastball in on him, it cut a little bit and caught him," he said. "Dickerson was looking at me and I thought, You just got hit, go to first base, thats all there is to it. Get on with the next batter. I was surprised getting tossed out of the game there, I was preparing for the next hitter." In the ninth, Rockies reliever Nick Masset hit Gattis in the hip with a pitch. Both Masset and Rockies bench coach Tom Runnells were immediately tossed. Jhoulys Chacin (1-4) pitched seven scoreless innings for his first win of the season, backed by home runs from Charlie Blackmon and Justin Morneau. Chacin, who missed the first month of the season with a right shoulder strain, struck out five and walked two. Rookie Tommy La Stella was the only Braves player to get a hit off him, singling in the second and doubling in the fifth. In his toughest inning, with the Rockies ahead 3-0, Chacin issued consecutive one-out walks in the seventh to Chris Johnson and La Stella but got out of the jam by getting Andrelton Simmons to ground into a double play. "I didnt feel that good today," Chacin said. "I was just trying to make my pitches. I was keeping my pitches down and trying to get ahead and thats pretty much what I did. Any time youre throwing strikes, youre usually going to get good results." Ervin Santana (5-3) struck out eight in 6 1-3 innings and scattered seven hits but two of them went for home runs. Chacin, who did not receive any run support in three of his outings and totalled just 10 overall in his seven previous starts, helped himself early. He singled in the third ahead of Blackmons home run. It was the 12th home run of the season from Blackmon, all from the leadoff spot, which leads the majors and is the most by a Rockies player in the No. 1 spot in team history. Morneau connected on Santanas first offering in the sixth for his 11th of the season, a two-out drive that sailed over the centre field wall into the Braves bullpen. The Rockies pulled away with a five-run seventh, getting an RBI single from Charlie Culberson and a sacrifice fly from pinch-hitter Ryan Wheeler. Josh Rutledge scored from third on a wild pitch by and Morneau delivered a bases-loaded single to drive in the final two runs of the inning. The Braves scored all their runs in the eighth on Jason Heywards RBI single and B.J. Uptons homer. After Carpenter was ejected, Anthony Varvaro took over and the Rockies added a pair of runs on RBI singles by pinch-hitter Brandon Barnes and Blackmon. NOTES: Rockies SS Troy Tulowitzki was given a day off. ... Chacin fanned Gerald Laird in the fifth inning for his fourth strikeout of the game and the 500th of his career. Hes the seventh Rockies pitcher to reach the milestone. ... The Braves open a series against the Los Angeles Angels with RHP Aaron Harang (4-5) opposing C.J. Wilson (7-5) in the opener Friday. ... The Rockies travel to San Francisco, where Jorge De La Rosa (6-5) will face Tim Lincecum. Lars Stindl Jersey . Burris threw for 247 yards in one half of a game -- on pace for a nearly 500-yard outing -- as the Redblacks downed the woeful Montreal Alouettes 26-10 in CFL pre-season play Friday night at Percival Molson Stadium. Marcel Halstenberg Jersey . -- LaMarcus Aldridge returned to the Trail Blazers lineup, happy to know that things didnt go awry without him. http://www.germanysoccerpro.com/Thomas- ... ny-Jersey/. 1 Caroline Wozniacki and three-time champion Serena Williams cruised into the semifinals, while last years runner-up Vera Zvonareva succumbed to Aussie Samantha Stosur in Thursdays womens quarterfinal action at the U. Matthias Ginter Jersey .FIFA says it is relaxing the rule which forced match officials to leave its international list at the end of the year they turned 45. Joshua Kimmich Jersey . -- The Val-dOr Foreurs made it to the Memorial Cup semifinal thanks to their workhorse goaltender and their ability to hang around like a bad cold.WE MISS ARTIE TOPS QUEENS PLATE FIELD Ken and Sarah Ramseys We Miss Artie, winner of the Plate Trial on June 15, has been installed as the 8-5 morning line choice in a field of 15 for the $1 million Queens Plate, Canadas most famous horse race, Sunday at Woodbine. The 155th edition of the Plate for Canadian-foaled three-year-olds, the oldest continuously run stakes race in North America, will be televised live on TSN in HD (High Definition) in a special presentation from 4:30 – 6:00 pm ET. Post time is 5:38 pm. The Lieutenant Governor of Ontario, the Right Honourable David C. Onley, will be the Royal Guest of Honour. All starters carry 126 pounds, except the lone filly Lexie Lou, who will tote 121 pounds for the mile and one-quarter classic over Woodbines Polytrack. The winner will receive $600,000. At the Queens Plate breakfast on Thursday morning, the selection order for post positions was drawn first via the traditional pill-pull, followed by the choosing of post positions by the connections for each horse, a system which has been in place for the Plate since 1998. We Miss Artie (PP6, 8-5), trained by Todd Pletcher and ridden by Javier Castellano, proved a comfortable winner of the Trial by three-quarters of a length over Majestic Sunset, his first outing at Woodbine and his first start since a 10th place finish, just eight and one-quarter lengths behind California Chrome in the Kentucky Derby at Churchill Downs on May 3. Hell try to become the 26th Plate Trial winner since 1944 to win the Plate, the last being Big Red Mike in 2010. "I think my horse ran really well (in the Trial)," said owner Ken Ramsey, after choosing post six with the second selection. "(Jockey Javier) Castellano said he was saving himself for the Queens Plate. Hes doing exceptionally well (at Saratoga)." For More on the Plate field, click here: http://weg.bz/1qTCwcJ EIGHTY NINE RED SURPRISES IN ACHIEVEMENT There were only five horses in the co-featured $150,000 Achievement Stakes, Saturday at Woodbine. And Eighty Nine Red was the longest price of the bunch, sent postward a 16-1 outsider. No problem. Ridden by Jesse Campbell for trainer Mike DePaulo, Eighty Nine Red, tucked along the rail, stalked the pace of favoured Flashy Margaritta, then came out turning for home and prevailed in a stretch drive, taking the six furlong event for Ontario-bred three-year-olds by one length in 1:10.28. Flashy Margaritta, who had cranked out reasonable fractions of :22.97 and :45.67, held on for place, while Spadina Road closed for third. Owned by John Russell and George Schramm, the son of Bold Executive-Timeless Silver had opened his 2014 campaign in style, easily winning a five furlong allowance contest. But after a third place finish to Speightsong in the seven furlong Queenston, then a seventh place finish to Flashy Margaritta in the turf, six furlong Bold Ruckus, Eighty Nine Red returned to the Polytrack and prevailed. "I was a little worried going into the (far) turn. It was pretty tight. (Jockey) Patrick (Husbands, aboard Flashy Margaritta) was doing his job, doing what I would have done," said Campbell. "I loved the way this horse responded today. I had high hopes for this horse all along. He put it all together today. He really ran a good race." Eighty Nine Red had been kept eligibble for the Queens Plate but his connections decided to shorten him up.dddddddddddd Added DePaulo, "Jesse did a great job. The horse ran on and we got it done. Being by Bold Executive, there havent been too many who have run that far (the Queens Plate distance of a mile and one-quarter). Hopefully hell make a real good sprinter for us." Eighty Nine Red paid $34.90, $9.90 and $3.30, combining with Flashy Margaritta ($3.50, $2.20) for a $119.80 (1-2) exactor. A 1-2-5 (Spadina Road, $2.70) triactor was worth $287.40. STACKED DECK ACES THE CHARLIE BARLEY Bruce Lunsfords homebred Stacked Deck, with Chantal Sutherland-Kruse, made his seasonal debut a winning one, hanging on to defeat Speightsland in the co-featured $100,000 Charlie Barley Stakes, Saturday at Woodbine. The one mile tilt on the lawn for three-year-olds drew an excellent field of nine, with Speightsong, the Queenston Stakes winner and multiple stakes winner Jose Sea View vying for favouritism. Dismissed at 14-1, Stacked Deck, trained by Barb Minshall, stalked the pacesetting Tuscan Getaway until the turn into the long E.P. Taylor Turf Course stretch. The now gelded son of First Samurai-Bel Air Beauty took over in mid-stretch, opened a length, then was all out to hold off another longshot, 16-1 Speightland, for the nose victory in 1:33.45. Florida Won was a close third, a length behind. Tuscan Getaway had set all the fractions over a lightning fast turf course, :22.99, :45.42, and 1:09.10, while being pursued by Stacked Deck, before giving way."Thankfully my horse had something left over," said Sutherland-Kruse. "The plan wasnt really to be that close. We were hoping for a stalking trip. We broke well. I didnt think he had much left turning for home, but he kind of foolS you." Added owner Bruce Lunsford, who also raced the sire and the dam, "Barbara did a tremendous job bringing this horse back. To win this race off the bench after we couldnt get an allowance race to go, we think weve got big things ahead of us with this horse." "Hes a great horse," said Minshall. "Hes a smart horse, so clever." Stacked Deck had three starts last year, two on the grass, but he broke his maiden in his final outing over Woodbines Polytrack. POST / HORSE / TRAINER / OWNER / JOCKEY 1 / Cap in Hand / Sid Attard / Tucci Stables / Steven Bahen2 / Coltimus Prime / Justin Nixon / Cabernet Racing Stables / Jesse Campbell3 / Athenian Guard / Mike DePaulo / A & L Racing Stables / Omar Moreno4 / Asserting Bear / Reade Baker / Bear Stables / Chantal Sutherland-Kruse5 / Man o Bear / Reade Baker / Bear Stables / Emma-Jayne Wilson6 / We Miss Artie / Todd Pletcher / Ken & Sarah Ramsey / Javier Castellano7 / Majestic Sunset / Mark Casse / John Oxley / Gary Boulanger8 / Lions Bay / Jamie Attard / M. N. V. & J. Earle / David MoraN9 / Heart to Heart / Brian Lynch / Terry Hamilton / Eurico Rosa da Silva10 / Matador / Mark Casse / John Oxley / Julien Leparoux11 / One Destiny / Alec Fehr /Winston Penny & Alec Fehr / Justin Stein12 / Tower of Texas / Roger Attfield / Thomas Van Meter II & Scott Dilworth / John Velazquez13 / Niigon Express / Paul Attard / Chiefswood Stable / Gerry Olguin14 / Lexie Lou / Mark Casse / Gary Barber / Patrick Husbands15 / Amis Holiday / Josie Carroll / Ivan Dalos /Luis Contreras Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys Disocunt Football Jerseys White NFL Jerseys Cheap Discount Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys 2020 Wholesale NFL T-shirts NFL Jerseys China ' ' '

08 cze 2018, 06:54
Zgłoś ten post

Odpowiedz z cytatem
ST. LOUIS -- Jonathan Toews caught the St. Louis Blues defence napping after the Chicago Blackhawks got a lucky carom. Just like that, the puck was in the net and the defending Stanley Cup champions were in command of the first-round series. "I wasnt even sure where their D-men were," Toews said after scoring at 7:36 of overtime to give the Blackhawks a 3-2 victory Friday night and a 3-2 series lead. "Just got going as fast as I could. Take advantage of a chance." Blackhawks goalie Corey Crawford stopped a shot by David Backes, defenceman Duncan Keith cleared the puck and the rebound deflected off Andrew Shaws shin pad all the way to the Chicago captain alone at centre ice off a change. Toews sped in with two defencemen in futile pursuit and threw a few fakes at goalie Ryan Miller before slipping a backhander into the net. "I was just saying to some of the guys in the other room, Im trying to get the puck out of the zone and all of a sudden it lands on his stick," Keith said. "Couldnt believe it. So, I was pretty happy seeing that." St. Louis defenceman Roman Polak saw Toews coming off the bench but reasoned that the Blues had control, so he left the ice about the same time Backes was shooting. Replacement Jay Bouwmeester never had a chance and Toews also got behind Jordan Leopold. "It was a lucky bounce or something," Polak said. "It was just a lucky bounce." Marian Hossa and Ben Smith also scored for the Blackhawks, who have won three in a row and can wrap up the first-round series at home Sunday. Four of the first five games in the series have gone to overtime. "I think we got lucky on that winning goal, but I dont think that at the end of the day we win because of luck," Keith said. "I think both teams have a lot of fire and grit and a lot of determination, and its a fine line between winning and losing. "Like Ive said a few times, were going to need our best game of the year our next game." T.J. Oshie and Alex Pietrangelo scored for the Blues. "Whats pouting going to do?" St. Louis forward Alexander Steen said. "You just get back on the horse. Its a game. You have to win four. They have three, we have two. Off to Chicago we go. See you there." All three of the Blues home games went to overtime and St. Louis won the first two. Before Toews scored, the top offensive threats in the series had been neutralized in Game 5. Patrick Kane and Toews combined for one assist in regulation and the Blues Vladimir Tarasenko, who entered with an NHL-leading four goals in the playoffs, was held to two shots. The first four goals came from players scoring for the first time in the series. Pietrangelo entered averaging more than 31 minutes in the series, most on either team, but has been a reluctant shooter with five shots in the first four games. His second career playoff goal came on a 2-on-1 break with Jaden Schwartz with the teams at 4-on-4 to tie it at 2 early in the third. Backes returned for the Blues while Blackhawks defenceman Brent Seabrook finished a three-game suspension from the illegal hit that knocked the St. Louis captain woozy in Game 2. But the Blues didnt make the most of that emotional lift early, getting their first scoring chance at about the 12-minute mark, totalling one shot on two early power plays and trailing 1-0 after the first. The Blackhawks started the scoring for the third straight game, capitalizing when Polak got caught pinching at the blue line. Bryan Bickell led a 2-on-1 break and Hossa tapped his own rebound into a wide open net at 16:11 of the first period. On his knees, Oshie lifted a backhander over Crawfords stick to tie it at 11:04 of the second period. Six minutes later, Smith tapped in a backhander after a St. Louis defender stopped Sheldon Brookbanks slap shot from the point. NOTES: All three games in St. Louis have attracted standing room crowds, with 19,796 showing up on a busy sports night downtown with the defending National League champion Cardinals playing the Pirates a few blocks east. ... Oshie totalled three shots and was minus-3 his first three games back from an illegal check to the head late in the regular season from Minnesotas Brian Rupp, who was suspended four games. Oshie said Thursday he might have returned a game too soon. ... Hossa entered second in the playoffs with 21 shots but was held to one assist the first four games. Kareem Martin Jersey . Five straight losses (and six in the past seven) now dot the schedule – matching their longest skid of the year – after they fell again in New Jersey on Sunday night, topped 3-2 by Cory Schneider and the Devils. Evan Boehm Jersey . Advancing to the Champions League quarterfinals should be a formality after Lionel Messi scored a penalty and Dani Alves added a late second to secure a commanding 2-0 advantage over City in the round of 16 on Tuesday. http://www.thecardinalsshoponline.com/d ... jersey-36/. Got Jacks? Pulling off a comeback for the ages, feisty Stephen F. Austin became the latest No. 12 seed to pull off an upset, tying the game on Desmond Haymons did-that-just-happen four-point play with 3. Pat Tillman Jersey . Both of Padakins goals came in the second period while Zane Jones added a single in the first period for Calgary (13-6-4). Hitmen goaltender Chris Driedger finished with 30 saves for the shutout. Troy Niklas Jersey . Its the second time this season that Milan has been sanctioned by the league judge, after fans also subjected Napoli supporters to discriminatory chants. The ban will come into effect for Milans next match, against Udinese on Oct.PARIS -- Monaco consolidated second place and put leader Paris Saint-Germains title celebrations on hold by winning 1-0 at Rennes in the French league on Saturday. PSG could have clinched the title this weekend if Monaco lost and it won on Sunday at Lyon. For now, Monaco pulled within 10 points of the leader. Emmanuel Riviere chased a through ball from Jeremy Toulalan to score with a sliding effort in the 55th minute. Riviere then had a close-range attempt diverted onto the bar by Rennes goalkeeper Benoit Costil in the 63rd. Lille kept pace with Monaco, staying six points behind in third, by edging Valenciennes 1-0. Divock Origi took a pass from Salomon Kalou to score with a low strike in the 70th minute. "It wasnt easy but the most important thing is to take the three points," Lille coach Rene Girard said. "It seemed to me that we missed a bit of gas in the tank, a bit of freshness. But the boys managed to do what they needed to do." Elsewhere, Ajaccio midfielder Mehdi Mostefa volleyeed home in the 86th to salvage a draw and delay his teams relegation after Bordeaux substitute Jussie opened the scoring in the 62nd.dddddddddddd Sochaux kept its slim hopes of safety alive by defeating Toulouse 2-0 to climb to 18th place. Jordan Ayew headed in a cross from winger Roy Contout to put the hosts ahead in the 15th before returning the favour in the 49th for Contout, who doubled the lead with a header. Evian beat Bastia 2-1 to move eight points clear of the relegation zone. Denmark international Daniel Wass scored the winner with a powerful free kick in the 48th. Vincent Aboubakar scored in stoppage time his 14th league goal in a 2-1 win over Nice to fire Lorient into the middle of the table. Gilles Sunu gave Lorient the lead in the 19th before Nice leftback Timothee Kolodziejczak levelled by converting a rebound in the 30th. On Sunday, Saint-Etienne faces Reims and Nantes hosts Guingamp. On Friday, Marseille edged Montpellier 3-2 to keep alive its slim hopes of a European spot. Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys Disocunt Football Jerseys White NFL Jerseys Cheap Discount Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys 2020 Wholesale NFL T-shirts NFL Jerseys China ' ' '

08 cze 2018, 06:55
Zgłoś ten post

Odpowiedz z cytatem
GAINESVILLE, Fla. -- Florida basketball coach Billy Donovan hadnt planned on having centre Patric Young for its game against Auburn because of a flareup of the tendinitis in the his knees. However, when pregame warmups were finished, Young told his coach he could play. That decision turned out to be crucial in saving the Gators school-record 18-game winning streak. Young hit a pair of free throws with 19 seconds remaining to break a tie and added another after Auburn committed a crucial turnover to seal second-ranked Floridas 71-66 victory at the OConnell Center. "Ive been practicing situations, like the opportunity to go to the Final Four with free throws as the game-winner," Young said about clutch late-game performance. "I was just telling myself, Be great. Strive to be great right now. "Ive been working on my free throws and I just went up there and swished them like it was nothing," he said. It wasnt the Gators best effort but it may be good enough to put them atop The Associated Press college basketball poll for the first time since the 2006-07 season after No. 1 Syracuses overtime loss to Boston College on Wednesday night. Provided, of course, the Gators beat host Ole Miss (16-10, 7-6) on Saturday. "One of the things I talk to our guys about is that with our rankings and being undefeated in the league we get everyones best shot," Donovan said. "But I like to look at it the other way. Are we going to give our best shot? I dont think that we did that today." Young never mentioned he had chronic tendinitis in his knees. Donovan revealed that Young was hurting in his postgame news conference. "He didnt warm up and he told me before the game that he could play," Donovan said. "His knees are ailing. I thought he was phenomenal in the second half. He played great. Where hell be at tomorrow well probably have a better idea but him playing or how much we could play him today was in doubt." Young didnt played well in the first half, missing his only shot from the field and grabbing just one rebound in 14 minutes. He wasnt the only one playing sluggishly, though. The Gators (24-2, 13-0 SEC) trailed 38-30 at the break, which the was the teams largest halftime deficit of the season. "We definitely came out a little flat," said senior forward Casey Prather, who scored 16 points and had nine rebounds. "We werent doing the things that we needed to do and should have done to win the game. Im just glad we had a chance in the second half to continue to play basketball." Young certainly responded in the second half. He scored all 17 of his points and grabbed six of his seven rebounds in the final 20 minutes. He hit five of his six shots in the second half and the 17 points tied a season high. Florida had taken a 66-65 lead on Michael Fraziers 3-pointer with 40.5 seconds to play, but the Tigers tied it on a free throw by Chris Denson with 20 seconds remaining. Young grabbed the rebound on the missed foul shot and was immediately fouled. Young, a 55.9 per cent career free throw shooter, hit the two free throws to give the Gators the lead for good and ensure theyd extend their home winning streak to 31 consecutive games. Auburn (12-12, 4-9) nearly pulled off the upset because of its 3-point shooting. The Tigers made 10 of 19 3-point shots. Tahj Shamsid-Deen led the Tigers with 17 points and made 5 of 8 3-point shots. Auburn, though, made a costly mistake in the final seconds. After Youngs free throws put the Gators up 68-66, Allen Paynes inbounds pass to K.T. Harrell bounced out of bounds. Harrell had glanced up-court and never saw the ball and it ricocheted off his arm and into the Florida bench. Draymond Green Jersey . Over the course of his career Glenn is 79-71-1 in 151 starts for a .526 career winning percentage. Since becoming a Stampeder, he has elevated his play and raised his stock around the league. JaVale McGee Jersey .com) - The Winnipeg Jets got over one hurdle by snapping their longest losing streak of the season. http://www.shopwarriorsonline.com/Cheap ... rs-Jersey/. -- One shot came out of bottom of a cactus, the other from the base of a desert bush with rocks scattered around it. Jordan Bell Jersey . The unrestricted free agent agreed to terms with the club on Thursday on a one-year, two-way deal worth $700,000. Wilt Chamberlain Jersey . Sections of the British media reported Friday that Brooklyn Beckham, the son of United great David, was invited to a training session at the club on Thursday.BOSTON -- Boston coach Claude Julien said the Bruins had more in their tank and they showed it Saturday night. The Bruins got their power play going and got under the Canadiens skin as they won 4-2 to push Montreal to the edge of a playoff precipice. Boston was crisp from the get-go and scored power-play goals 32 seconds apart early in the second period to build an insurmountable 3-0 lead. "I dont think you can look at tonight and say all of a sudden we found our game." said Julien. "I think we were better tonight but theres another game to win and, Im being honest here, its not going to be easy." Game 6 of the second-round playoff series is Monday in Montreal with the Canadiens needing a win to remain alive -- undoubtedly regretting the Game 4 overtime loss at the Bell Centre that rejuvenated the Bruins. Montreal, which outshot Boston 31-30, has trailed Boston three games to two five times before and come back to win three of those series. After a five-year post-season drought with the man advantage against the Habs, Boston broke the power-play hoodoo through back-to-back strikes by Reilly Smith and Jarome Iginla. Tomas Plekanec was in the penalty box for both goals. "I thought we were intent when we started the game but their power play gave them a lot of momentum and confidence," said Montreal coach Michel Therrien. Boston was 0-for-10 in the series on the power play and amazingly had not scored in 39 tries with the man advantage against Montreal in the post-season since Game 2 of their 2009 Conference quarter-final. "Our power play was due," Julien said by way of understatement. After the first period, the talk was of the need for more intensity, winning more battles and making stronger plays on the power play. It worked and Boston had the rare luxury of playing with a lead. The Bruins led for 46 minutes 40 seconds Saturday, some four times the 11:39 they were ahead during the first four games of the series. The Canadiens have held the lead for 106:11 of the series. Carl Soderberg and Loui Eriksson also scored for the Bruins, who got a strong physical game from Milan Lucic. The hulking winger cruised the ice like a shark, looking for someone to take a piece out of. A late P.K. Subban goal made the score closer than the game actually was. Brendan Gallagher also scored for Montreal. Goalie Carey Price said the Habs are up for the elimination challenge. "You back any animal into a corner, its going to be desperate," he said calmly. "I think were going to be a desperate hockey club coming into next game and I think were excited for the challenge." Game 7, if needed, would be next Wednesday in Boston. The Canadiens will need to take a deep breath before the puck drops at the Bell Centre with their season on the line. "Frustration or not, weve got to make sure we play with some more composure," said a tight-lipped Therrien. Subban complained after the game of being sprayed with water twice from the Boston bench late in the game. After raising the issue in his post-game scrum, he tried to downplayed the antics but it clearly bothered him. "It hit me in the visor. I couldnt even see the last minute and a half out there," he said. "So I was pretty upset about that ... Im sure if that was me that did it, it would be a different story. Id probably be on the news for the next three days." Therrien, who looked like he had sucked a lemon prior to taking the podium, had little to say about hockeys version off Watergate.dddddddddddd "Yeah, we saw that," he said when asked about the water spraying. "I dont want to comment on that," he added when pressed on the matter. Julien said he didnt see it and wouldnt condone it. After two games that features a total of five penalties, the referees remembered to bring their whistles with them Saturday and called 11 penalties. Montreal was 2-for-5 on the night with the man-advantage but was 0-for-3 in the first period. "I strongly believe that if we would have gotten a goal on one of those first power plays, it could have been the difference in the game," said Subban. Therrien, meanwhile, said his team had to be better five-on-five. The line of Soderberg, Eriksson and Matt Fraser finished with two goals and three assist and was plus-six. The Bruins third line has now scored three of Bostons last five goals with Fraser accounting for the overtime winner last Thursday in Montreal. Soderberg was awarded the Bruins jacket, a hand-me-down from Boston legend Johnny Bucyk, as the teams player of the game. The capacity crowd of 17,565 at TD Garden had plenty to cheer about. Boston looked focused and physical, outhitting Montreal 39-29. Plus the Bruins managed to plug up Montreals shooting lanes. "It was one of those games where were just on the wrong side of the puck all night," said Canadiens captain Brian Gionta. Smith hit the post before either team registered a shot. The Bruins went ahead at 13:20 of the first period after Eriksson beat the lumbering Douglas Murray to the puck behind the net and sent it straight back to Soderberg, who banged the puck in off Prices pad for his first career playoff goal. It came on Bostons sixth shot of the night. It was a good omen for the Bruins, given the team scoring first won the first four games of the series and the Bruins were 5-0 in the playoffs -- and 41-6-2 during the regular season -- with the first goal. Then came the power play breakthrough as the Bruins dominated the second period. After some good puck movement had the Canadiens running around, a Dougie Hamilton shot from the point deflected in off Smiths foot. Then, after a Bruins faceoff win, a nifty Torey Krug pass from the wall found Iginla all alone and he snapped a shot past Price. Boston was bossing the game and the Habs began to lose some of their composure. But Plekanec made up for some of that time in the penalty box when he snapped a shot from the faceoff dot that went through a Boston defencemans legs before rattling in off Gallagher at 14:39 on the power play to cut the lead to 3-1. The five-foot-nine Gallagher got thumped in the corner seconds before on the play, but picked himself up and got in front of the goal to be in position to tip the puck in. The goal ended Tuukka Rasks shutout streak of 122 minutes six seconds. The Bruins kept up the pressure in the third, coming at the Canadiens. Boston calmly blunted Montreal attacks and then moved the puck up ice with speed and purpose. Erikssons goal, with 5:48 remaining, came on a three-on-two complete with some slick passing. Price denied Fraser but was powerless to stop Eriksson, who skated around him until he had a clear shot at an empty net. With Matt Bartkowski off for holding and Price on the bench, Subban scored from the point to make it 4-2 with 2:29 remaining. Therrien brought back Brandon Prust, who had sat out the last two games. Making way was veteran Daniel Briere who had played under 10 minutes each of the last three contests. Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys Disocunt Football Jerseys White NFL Jerseys Cheap Discount Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys 2020 Wholesale NFL T-shirts NFL Jerseys China ' ' '

08 cze 2018, 06:55
Zgłoś ten post

Odpowiedz z cytatem
Charlotte, NC (SportsNetwork.com) - Kemba Walkers layup with 0.3 seconds to play helped the Charlotte Hornets hold off a late New York Knicks surge and end their 10-game losing streak with a thrilling 103-102 victory on Friday. Carmelo Anthony gave the Knicks a 102-101 lead off a wide-open 3 from the left side with 40.7 seconds to play. After each team missed a jump shot, the Hornets took a timeout with four seconds to play after Marvin Williams rebounded Anthonys miss. Coming out of the timeout, Walker raced up to the top of the arc to receive the inbound pass and darted through the key, laying the ball off the glass and into the net for the deciding basket as the buzzer sounded. Gerald Henderson finished with a season-high 22 points on 8-of-10 shooting, Al Jefferson had 16 points and 13 rebounds and Lance Stephenson also scored 16 points for Charlotte, which won its first game since Nov. 14 at Phoenix. Anthony had a game-high 32 points, while Cole Aldrich and Tim Hardaway Jr. supplied 14 and 13 points, respectively, off the bench in the Knicks seventh straight loss. Cristiano Ronaldo Jersey . -- When Steve Blake checked in at the scorers table with 5:25 remaining in the third quarter, Stephen Curry shook his head and shouted across the court, asking Golden State Warriors coach Mark Jackson not to take him out. Ricardo Carvalho Portugal Jersey . - After sewage backups, toilet overflows and foul smells surfaced the past two years, nothing at the Oakland Coliseum surprises the home team anymore. http://www.soccerportugalproshop.com/c- ... ey.aspx.ca. Hi Kerry, Love reading your column and loved watching your analysis on the TSN broadcasts!And were now in Round 2! Bruins! Canadiens! We know all about the great games of the past from the players, the broadcasters and the writers. William Carvalho Portugal Jersey . Stiverne stopped Chris Arreola in the sixth round Saturday night, claiming the WBC heavyweight title belt vacated by Vitali Klitschko. Ricardo Quaresma Jersey . He also had some help Monday night.Hibbert scored a season-high 29 points to help Indiana beat the Utah Jazz 97-86 Monday night, ending the Pacers six-game losing streak. NEW YORK -- Now the waiting begins for Alex Rodriguez and Major League Baseball. A-Rods grievance hearing to overturn his 211-game suspension ended Thursday when both sides rested their cases, a day after the New York Yankees third baseman angrily walked out and decided not to testify in his own defence. The sides set a schedule to file briefs by Dec. 11 and reply briefs by Dec. 21, which will close the record and submit the matter to arbitrator Fredric Horowitz. His decision on whether to uphold or alter the discipline for the three-time AL MVP likely will be made in January, a person familiar with the proceedings told The Associated Press. The person spoke on condition of anonymity because no statements were authorized. Rodriguezs lawyers already are vowing to challenge the ruling in federal court, where judges usually are reticent to overturn an arbitration decision unless there is a finding the arbitrator was biased, exceeded his authority or failed to comply with the rules agreed to by the parties. The exact timing of a decision is uncertain. Baseballs Joint Drug Agreement states the arbitrator shall make "all reasonable efforts" to close the record in time to permit a decision within 25 days of the start of the hearing. But in this case, the hearing began Sept. 30, making that timetable impossible to meet. After the arbitrator renders his decision, the written opinion is to be issued within 30 days. It is unclear if Horowitz will issue his written opinion simultaneously with his decision. The timing of the case could complicate planning for the Yankees, who dont know if they will have to pay Rodriguez his $25 million salary and are unsure whether they will need a different starting third baseman. Rodriguez was suspended by MLB on Aug. 5 for alleged violations of baseballs drug policy and labour agreement stemming from the leagues investigation of the Biogenesis of America anti-aging clinic in Florida. The players association filed a grievance, and because Roddriguez was a first-time offender of the drug agreement, the discipline automatically was stayed pending a resolution of the grievance.dddddddddddd. Horowitz heard the case in a trio of four-day sessions, with management presenting its case from Sept. 30-Oct. 3 and Oct. 15-18. Rodriguezs side then took its turn during the first four days of this week. While Horowitz had set aside six additional days for testimony through Wednesday, that time was not needed. Rodriguez left in the middle of the 11th session Wednesday, furious the arbitrator refused to order baseball Commissioner Bud Selig to testify. Rodriguez and his lawyers then went on radio and television, accusing Selig of bias and the entire arbitration process of being flawed. His lawyers returned without him Thursday to complete their case, and MLB started and finished its rebuttal. At the end of the hearing, the sides learned union head Michael Weiner had died from the brain tumour he was diagnosed with 15 months ago. Outside MLBs offices, representatives of the New York Hispanic Clergy Organization, including state Sen. Ruben Diaz, held a prayer vigil to express opposition to Rodriguezs discipline. Rodriguez lawyer James McCarroll issued a statement Thursday pointing out that this case is the first grievance under the drug agreement involving discipline that didnt stem from a positive test and involved "the commissioners discretion and decision-making." While he said the commissioner in the past "was harshly criticized in the arbitrators decision for not voluntarily appearing at a grievance," that statement appears to refer to arbitrator George Nicolaus 1987 decision cutting Peter Ueberroths drug suspension of pitcher LaMarr Hoyt from one season to 60 days. While Horowitz has issued an order for the proceeding to be confidential, Rodriguezs lawyers are considering making some of the evidence public. Rodriguez spokesman Ron Berkowitz said Friday nothing would be released until next week. Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys Disocunt Football Jerseys White NFL Jerseys Cheap Discount Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys 2020 Wholesale NFL T-shirts NFL Jerseys China ' ' '

08 cze 2018, 06:56
Zgłoś ten post

Odpowiedz z cytatem
Chris Woakes says England will be better off having come through a full day in hot, testing conditions in Bangladesh. Set 310 to win, Jos Buttler top-scored with an unbeaten 80 off 64 balls in his first game as stand-in captain to fire England to a four-wicket win over a BCB Select XI in their only warm-up game ahead of the three-match one-day international series, which begins on Friday, live on Sky Sports 2.England needed ice towels during the fixture to keep cool as the high temperature and humidity left players needing to leave the field at periods in the game. It was hot, Woakes told Sky Sports. Weve only been here for a few days but it was testing conditions for us. A day game in this heat is always going to be tough when the sun is at its hottest. Stand-in one-day captain Jos Buttler hit a match winning innings of 80 not out to give England a winning start on their tour of Bangladesh But weve come through it, some of the guys did get cramp but thats the fact that weve only been here for a little while. Woakes took three for 52 as he continued his impressive form, which has seen him rise to be one of the leading bowlers in Englands attack following strong displays against Sri Lanka and Pakistan this summer. Watch NOW TV Watch Sky Sports for just £6.99. No contract. The 27-year-old Warwickshire player believes the warm-up game will ultimately have a positive effect on their series. Well be better for the fact that weve been out here for the full day and a full 50 overs in the dirt so were really pleased with the way its gone, he added. You can watch Englands tour of Bangladesh, plus Premier League football and the Japan Grand Prix on Sky Sports. Upgrade now and enjoy three months at half price! Also See: England call uncapped trio Hussain: Bangladesh not easy Bangladesh fixtures/results England fixtures/results Thiago Silva Jersey Kaka Jersey .C. Now hes squarely in the U.S. capital and helping the Washington Wizards playoff drive. John Wall scored 33 points, Gooden got 11 of his 21 in the final quarter and the Wizards overcame a 10-point fourth-quarter deficit for a 101-94 win over the Brooklyn Nets on Saturday night. http://www.officialbrazilstore.com/worl ... ll-jersey/. Jamies number grades given are out of five, with five being the best mark. Steve Mason, Philadelphia (4) - Mason was brilliant all night long with save after big save on Benoit Pouliot, Carl Hagelin and Derick Brassard. Fernandinho Jersey . In taking its goal tally to 99 in all competitions already this season, City delivered another demonstration of its lethal firepower at Etihad Stadium to set up a fourth-round match at home to another second-tier team -- Watford. Paulinho Jersey .C. -- LeBron James called comments on an audio recording of a man identified as Los Angeles Clippers owner Donald Sterling "appalling" and said hes not sure if he would suit up for the remainder of the NBA playoffs if he played for the Clippers.NEWARK, N.J. -- Renan Barao was on a tear, trying to put away Urijah Faber with a series of fists to the head. Faber attempted to flash a thumbs up -- a sign he could still fight. Barao and an early stoppage didnt let him get that chance. Barao made quick work of Faber in his latest title defence, dropping the challenger with a right and pummeling him with a series of shots to the head while retaining his 135-pound championship in the main event of UFC 169 on Saturday night. Referee Herb Dean stopped the fight once Barao pounced on Faber and pounded away on The California Kid. Barao won by TKO at 3:22 in the first round and had Faber in all kinds of trouble from the start. But Faber said he could have kept fighting and wanted the chance to continue in the five-round bout. "Its my time," Barao said. "I never thought the referee could stop the fight early because Urijah looked like he could keep fighting. I landed a great punch, the one good enough (to) keep this belt tight around my waist." Jose Aldo retained his 145-pound championship by unanimous decision over Ricardo Lamas in the co-main event. Alistair Overeem beat Frank Mir by UD in a battle of former MMA heavyweight champions at the sold-out Prudential Center for UFCs Super Bowl weekend show. Faber dropped to 0 for 6 as the challenger in title bouts since 2008. He choked out Michael McDonald just six weeks ago on a UFC on Fox card, and was pressed into service Saturday night when injury-prone Dominick Cruz pulled out with a torn groin. Barao rocked him with big rights and never allowed Faber a chance to recover. Barao has defeated Faber twice. "You get caught with punches, man," Faber said. "I just wish I had more of a chance." UFC President Dana White said Dean shouldnt have stopped the fight. "Rarely does he make a mistake," White said. "He made a mistake tonight. But hes the best in the business." Aldo ran his UFC record to 6-0 on the strength of a series of leg kicks from the opening round. He was only in trouble once, late in the fifth when Lamas finally landed a series of strikes and elbows to the champ. Lamas couldnt finish him, and his flurry came too late in the bout. Aldo has won 14 in a row in both UFC and World Extreme Cage Fighting. The two smaller weight-class fights headlined a card that featured a heavyweight bout that could have been the main event of a PPV five years ago. Overeem, the former Strikeforce heavyweight champion, stayed away from the ground game and toyed with Mir for three rounds. He bloodied the former UFC heavyweight champion early in the three-round bout and connected with a hard right in the third.dddddddddddd. Overeems corner yelled at him to "take your time," and he tried to play it safe with so much on the line. Overeem snapped a two-fight losing streak and won for the first time since he beat former heavyweight champ Brock Lesnar at UFC 141. "I proved to everybody Im back tonight," Overeem said. "Frank is a very experienced fighter, his game plan was to take me down, but Im a well-rounded fighter, too, so I dominated him. This victory has motivated me a lot to go back to the gym and get ready for fighting again." With rumours swirling that Lesnar, now with the WWE, might want a UFC return, Overeem stood inside the cage and told the crowd hed welcome the challenge. "Ill be here waiting for him," Overeem said. It might be a long wait. White said there is no deal with Lesnar. At 34, Mir may have fought inside the UFC octagon for the last time. Mir has dropped four straight bouts and this match was considered a deciding factor for the UFC to keep either fighter. Mir put up almost no fight and was on his back for a good chunk of the bout. White refused this week to proclaim Mir-Overeem a "loser leaves town" bout, but said both fighters needed a great fight to stick around. Mir failed to deliver. White said he could make a decision this week. The UFC ditched Las Vegas for the Prudential Center for its traditional Super Bowl weekend show. The UFC went to the New York-New Jersey area and piggybacked on Super Bowl week with rousing success. The main event fighters were invited to the NFLs media day, and the UFC even hit Madison Square Garden for its own media day -- staging it at a venue the promotion cant use because of New Yorks MMA ban. With New York closed to MMA, UFC 169 is already the fifth card the Las Vegas-based promotion has run in the Prudential Center since it opened in 2007. The UFC switched its traditional Super Bowl show from Las Vegas to New Jersey at the request of its broadcast partner, Fox. The Prudential Center is less than 10 miles from MetLife Stadium, the site of Sundays Super Bowl. There were a few fans in Broncos jerseys and one fan near the cage held up a neon Seahawks sign that brightened his part of the darkened arena. Abel Trujilo opened the PPV card with a crushing right hand that knocked Jamie Varner out cold at 2:32 of the second round. Varner went down in face-first heap that had the crowd going wild. Ali Bagautinov used some late-fight theatrics in his unanimous decision win over John Lineker. Bagautinov flexed and gave Lineker the thumbs down sign as he turned him over and flattened him on the mat. Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys Disocunt Football Jerseys White NFL Jerseys Cheap Discount Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys 2020 Wholesale NFL T-shirts NFL Jerseys China ' ' '

08 cze 2018, 06:57
Zgłoś ten post

Odpowiedz z cytatem
BOSTON -- Golden State didnt need another winning, last-second basket this time. The Warriors led by at least 20 points throughout the second half and beat the Boston Celtics 108-88 on Wednesday night, showing no letdown one day after edging the Indiana Pacers on a field goal with 0.6 seconds left. Klay Thompson hit that 12-foot turnaround to beat one of the NBAs best teams, 98-96. Against one of the worst, Thompson and David Lee scored 18 points each as the Warriors ended their road trip with a 4-2 record. "This win validates last night," Thompson said. The Warriors were determined not to ease up against much weaker competition than they faced at Indiana, which has the leagues best home record. "It was big for us," Lee said. "The starters really wanted to come out and set the tone tonight and not give the Celtics team any life." That plan worked. The Warriors scored the first six points and led 12-2 with just over five minutes gone as they moved a season-high 14 games over .500 with a 38-24 record. "I read where if we lost this game then that takes away (Tuesdays win). You cannot forget how tough it is to win games in this league," Golden State coach Mark Jackson said. "Fortunately, we did not fall in love with what we did in Indy." The Celtics (20-41) provided little resistance and lost for the seventh time in eight games. "It was a struggle for us," Boston coach Brad Stevens said. "Id like to find something that I could say we were better in, but there wasnt anything." Former Celtic Jordan Crawford had 15 points and Stephen Curry added 14 for the Warriors, who won for the seventh time in nine games. Kelly Olynyk scored 19 points for Boston. "We dont want to keep embarrassing ourselves and that is the mentality we are going to have," Jeff Green said. Lee started the scoring with an 18-footer and Andre Iguodala followed with a layup and a dunk for a 6-0 lead. Jerryd Bayless then hit a fadeaway jumper for Boston, but Golden State got the next six points on dunks by Curry and Thompson and a layup by Lee. The game was still competitive when Bayless two free throws cut Golden States lead to 42-33 with 5:55 left in the first half. Then Thompsons 3-pointer began a 19-7 run that gave the Warriors a 61-40 lead at halftime. Baskets by Lee and Andrew Bogut made it 49-33 before Rajon Rondo sank a free throw and Jared Sullinger made two for Boston. But then Golden State scored the next six points on a short jumper by Lee, a dunk by Iguodala and a 16-footer by Curry. A 3-pointer by Green cut the margin to 55-38, but Curry followed with a 3-point play. Rondo answered with a layup before Iguodala finished the first-half scoring with a 3-pointer with 10 seconds remaining. The sloppy Celtics committed 12 turnovers in the first half, leading to 15 points, while the Warriors turned the ball over just twice, leading to two points. "What hurt us more than maybe anything were the turnovers in the first half that led to the dunks that got those guys going," Stevens said. "I didnt think our effort was great." The Warriors took their biggest lead, 31 points, when two straight baskets by Thompson made it 80-49 with just over five minutes left in the third quarter. "Theyre hitting their stride a little bit," Stevens said. Now the Warriors head home for 13 of their remaining 20 games. "We took care of business on the road," Lee said. "Our thought is we shouldnt lose any more games at home." NOTES: Golden State has 20 road wins, tied with Oklahoma City for second most in the NBA. ... Jackson rested his starters in the fourth quarter. ... Rondo had 14 points and seven assists, but also had seven turnovers. ... Lee had a game-high 10 rebounds, while Bogut blocked three shots. Yuri Berchiche Jersey . Instead, Nonis and Kessel were sorting through the fallout of a wild melee with the Buffalo Sabres, one that saw Kessel suspended for the duration of the pre-season. Marquinhos Jersey .Mallais and his team out of Saint John defeated James Grattan 5-4 in Fredericton.The 2015 Tim Hortons Brier from Feb. http://www.psgsoccershop.com/c-1-custom ... px.DeMarco Murray got his 20th carry late in the fourth quarter with a 10-point lead, not long after Dez Bryant made his final catch of the day.Sure enough, a 44-17 win over Washington didnt change Dallas post-season position. Javier Pastore Jersey . - Seattle Seahawks wide receiver Percy Harvin has cleared league-mandated concussion protocol and has returned to practice as a full participant. Jese Jersey . After missing 20 games as a rookie a year ago, Valanciunas - like the Raptors as a whole - has been fortunate to be in good health this season. As he spoke about it, the Raptors sophomore centre scanned the room for wood to knock on. "It is disappointing because we lost today so thats the worst part of the day," said Valanciunas, who left Tuesdays game with a lower-back sprain in the third quarter, missing the rest of Torontos 118-113 overtime defeat at the hands of the Hawks.MIAMI - Luol Deng said Friday that he forgives Atlanta Hawks general manager Danny Ferry for making racially charged remarks about him, and hopes the two will work together to draw some sort of positive solution to the matter.I dont think Dannys racist, Deng said.Deng signed with the Miami Heat this summer after strongly considering an offer from the Hawks, who are reeling from a pair of racially insensitive incidents. Hawks co-owner Bruce Levenson said he would sell his controlling share of the team over comments made in email in 2012, and then came the revelation that Ferry referred to Deng as someone who has a little African in him on a conference call with team officials this summer.Ferry was repeating comments that were made in a scouting report, the author of which remains unclear.Its not something I want to hold onto for the rest of my career or the rest of my life, Deng said. I had a chance to speak to Danny. I really believe that hes really sorrry for what he said.dddddddddddd Whether it came from him or wherever it came from, I think the main focus really should be how we move on forward.Ferry is taking an indefinite leave from the Hawks. He and Deng both played for Duke, though Deng a€” who is 18 years younger than Ferry a€” said he does not know him well.Deng said he would like to see he and Ferry work together with an organization to advocate change, or find some other benefit.Theres a lot of things we could do to turn it into a positive, Deng said.The Hawks have said Ferry was disciplined internally for his comments, though the sanctions have not been released.Heat forward Udonis Haslem said he was shocked that something like what was said about Deng would be said, especially so soon after the league since much of last season dealing with a racial issue involving former Los Angeles Clippers owner Donald Sterling.Theres certain mistakes that shouldnt be made, Haslem said. Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys Disocunt Football Jerseys White NFL Jerseys Cheap Discount Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys 2020 Wholesale NFL T-shirts NFL Jerseys China ' ' '

08 cze 2018, 06:57
Zgłoś ten post
Odpowiedz w temacie   [ Posty: 24 ]  Przejdź na stronę 1, 2, 3  Następna