Odpowiedz w temacie  [ Posty: 234 ]  Przejdź na stronę 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 24  Następna
Stampede Blue Stats: Rigoberto Sanchez is alive and kicking 
Autor Wiadomość

Odpowiedz z cytatem
rosters have taken shape and we are less than a week away from real football Authentic Andrew Luck Jersey , the question on most every fan’s mind is “How good is our punter?”Or maybe that’s just me. Typically punters are an afterthought; someone who is needed when the offense fails. Even in modern parlance, “punting” is often an idiom for quitting.Forgotten, overlooked, under-appreciated, the NFL punter is destined for obscurity.Or maybe not. I’ve been intrigued by the recent emphasis on punters in the draft lately.In the 2017 draft, there were 3 punters taken and in 2018 that number increased to 4, including the Texas Bowl MVP.That is the most punters selected in a two year span since 1987(1). Maybe that is random noise or maybe the NFL is starting to change their view of punters. Either way it begs the question of just how much can a good punter help a team? NET YARDSGood punting requires numerous high level skills; short operation time (snap to punt), distance, accuracy, hang time, spin etc. And all of these have to be adapted to conditions and game situation.In terms of direct impact on games, these skills coalesce into a stat called net punt yards, which is simply a punt’s distance past the line of scrimmage less any return yardage. It should be no surprise that this metric is highly impacted by field position.This graph shows all punts since 2000 and plots the avg net yards by line of scrimmage. Net yards are basically flat until a team is about 40 yards from their own goal, at which point the averages decrese as the opponent end zone compresses the field.For comparison, here are Rigoberto Sanchez’s punts against these NFL averages.If that looks really good to you, it’s because it is.Rigo’s 42.3 net yards per punt (NY/P) ranks 2nd among all punters since 2000(2),Only Johnny Hekker’s 43.1 is better. However, since net yards are clearly dependent on field position, I really can’t compare punters directly without taking that into account.ADJUSTED NET YARDSAlso, there are other impacts not accounted for with net yards.If a punter forces a turnover with a muffed punt, then there is more benefit to that than just 0 return yardage. Conversely, if a punter out-kicks the coverage, a returned TD is worse than just the yards given up.To account for these issues, I have done some mathy stuff, to create an adjusted number. First, I applied bonus/penalty yardage to account for muff-turnovers and return TDs based on commonly used yardage equivalents(3).Then, I derived an equation(4) to calculate the league average net yards for any given field position and applied that to all punts to determine each punter’s expected total net yards. Combining all of that, I can determine the adjusted net yards over average with the following equation: Adj NY over average =(act total net yards + 45 * muff TOs - 20 * return TDs - exp total net yards)Then I simply averaged that by punt and added that amount to the league average NY/P to get my final adjusted metric:Adj NY/P =Adj NY over average / Punts+ nfl NY/PAfter applying all of that math, here are the top 10 punters. Punters since 2000Playerpuntsnet ydsNY/Pnet yds adjexp Net Yardsadj NY/P oaadj NY/PPlayerpuntsnet ydsNY/Pnet yds adjexp Net Yardsadj NY/P oaadj NY/PRigoberto actually overtakes Hekker in adj NY/P and becomes the #1 punter of the century (McAfee finished 27th).Of course, Rigo only has the one season under his belt so let’s not call Canton just yet. And even if the Colts do have the best punter, so what? Can I use these ridiculously esoteric stats to provide something more meaningful like points per game or impact on wins? Well, since I brought it up, yes I can, or at least I can make a reasonable estimate.POINTSThe first step is to use expected points (EP). For those not familiar, the concept of EP is that when a team has the ball, they will usually score next more often than their opponent but that likelihood varies depending upon factors like down, distance and field position.Using historical data, for any situation, I can track all the ‘next points’, whether on a current or subsequent drive Womens Eric Ebron Jersey , to determine the average points that a team can expect.In other words, EP is the points a team will score, on average, before their opponent, given a specific down, distance and field position.In regards to a punter’s impact, since the drive following a punt is always 1st and 10 (well almost always), then we already know down and distance but field position is still variable. Or is it? The following graph may be one of the most iconic in all of NFL advanced stats. This shows a team’s expected points in first and 10 situations, anywhere on the field. I want to clarify that the blue line is not some stat-nerd formula, it is actual historical data showing the average amount of points a team scores “next” given their starting field position(4). The dotted line is the stat-nerd formula. This demonstrates the incredibly obvious fact that the closer a team is to their own goal line, the fewer points they are likely to score. Notice that inside the 10 yard line, EP is actually negative, meaning the opponent is more likely to score next. Notice also, that the curve is basically linear (not exactly but pretty close). Therefore, the rate of change in EP (slope) is constant everywhere on the field.In other words, given an X yardage differential, the difference in expected points can be determined without knowing anything about field position.Since Adj NY/P is just a yardage differential to NFL averages, I can calculate the EP differential without worrying about opponent field position. Rigo has a 43.0 adj NY/P which is 5.9 yards above average.The EP trendline equation gives a slope of about 0.064 EP per yard, and so Rigo’s adj NY/P converts to 5.9 * 0.064 = 0.38 EP. This means that with every punt, the opponent was expected to score 0.38 fewer points than if the kick had been made by an average punter.And at his average clip of 5.1 punts per game, that comes out to be 1.96 points per game for 2017.That is a lot. WINSI can even take this one step further and convert that impact to wins. Pythagorean Expected Wins uses a team’s season total points for and against to determine how many games they were expected to win. Pythagorean Expected Wins =16 *(PF ^ 2.37)/(PF ^ 2.37 + PA ^ 2.37)In 2017, the Colts scored 263 points and gave up 404, so their Pythagorean wins was 4.2 games. (Pythagorean wins are eerily accurate. )If Rigoberto limited opponents by 1.96 points per game, that means the season total points against would have been 404 + 1.96 * 16 = 435.3 had we had an average punter. The Pythagorean wins from that increased amount is 3.7 wins. So, our punter’s incremental impact for the season was 4.2 - 3.7 = about 0.5 wins. . .by himself! CONCLUSIONIt’s far too soon to tell if 2017 was a trend or a fluke for Rigo. His preseason numbers (40.8 NY/P, 39.7 Adj NY/P) are down a bit from 2017, but then again that’s preseason.And my yardage adjustments are going to be very sensitive to decreased volume, so my points per game and incremental win impacts could easily be over-estimated.That’s not even considering the possibility that the impact of punting field position might not accumulate throughout the game . . .(but it actually does)The bottom line is, a punter can have a big impact on a team’s season. As Colts fans, we should be very happy with Rigo’s performance so far and very optimistic about his impact going forward. FOOTNOTES1) Limiting drafts to first 7 rounds only.2) Minimum of 75 punts3) Based on expected points added equivalents calculated by Brian Burke and Chase Stuart of 45 yards for a turnover and 20 yards for a TD.4) Least squares curve fitting of a cubic where x = yards from own goal:-0.000137*x^3 +0.004803*x^2 + 0.023683*x + 38.64223 5) Data was limited to 1st and 3rd quarters only to minimize the variable of time remaining, although expanding to full game data yields very similar results. Quarterback Blaine Gabbert quickly stopped the reporter asking him about learning his fourth offense in four years."Eighth in eight years," he said.The Tennessee Titans, who signed Gabbert in March to back up Marcus Mariota , are the fourth team that the quarterback has played for since being drafted by Jacksonville in 2011. But coach Mike Vrabel is his ninth different head coach and has the eighth different scheme that Gabbert has had to learn since he entered the NFL out of Missouri."There's going to be bumps in the road," Gabbert said. "We're installing new plays every night, but at the same time it's about mastering all the little things. Not getting ahead of yourself and kind of run the system."It's a bit of a coincidence that Gabbert finds himself back in the AFC South where his professional career began. The Jaguars drafted him at No. 10 overall in 2011, two picks after Tennessee selected quarterback Jake Locker out of Washington. Locker retired from football when his rookie contract expired in March 2015, and Gabbert already was in San Francisco with his second team, preparing to work with his fifth different head coach."Football careers go many different ways," Gabbert said. "That was eight years ago."In that span http://www.indianapoliscoltsteamonline.com/al-woods-jersey , Gabbert has played for Jack Del Rio, Mel Tucker, Mike Mularkey and Gus Bradley in Jacksonville before being traded to San Francisco, where he played for Jim Harbaugh, Jim Tomsula and Chip Kelly. Then he went to Arizona last season to play for Bruce Arians, starting five games and going 2-3, with one of those wins coming in December against Tennessee .As Gabbert churned through different head coaches, the Titans had their own revolving door at quarterback: Locker, Matt Hasselbeck, Rusty Smith, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Charlie Whitehurst, Zach Mettenberger, Alex Tanney and Mariota — Tennessee's second quarterback drafted in the first round in a five-year span. Matt Cassel started a game in each of the past two seasons with Mariota out with injuries.That led the Titans to release Cassel in March, looking to upgrade Mariota's backup. They went from Cassel, who was 35 last season, to Gabbert, who turns 29 in October. Gabbert said he was persuaded to join the Titans after sitting down with Vrabel , general manager Jon Robinson, offensive coordinator Matt LaFleur and quarterbacks coach Pat O'Hara."They're great guys, and that was something I wanted to be a part of," Gabbert said. "They're a young, hungry group and then just being able to meet the guys in the locker room. We have one of the best, if not the best, locker room I've ever been around. The guys genuinely care about each other on and off the field."The Titans get a quarterback who is big. The 6-foot-4, 235-pound Gabbert has had to be a quick learner in his career. He has started 45 of 48 games, throwing for 8,437 yards with 44 touchdowns and 43 interceptions. He also is more mobile than Cassel, having run 170 times for 631 yards with three TDs.Gabbert was 9 of 15 for 76 yards in the Titans' 31-17 loss to Green Bay in the preseason opener ."Blaine's a professional," Vrabel said Sunday. "He's got a good arm. I think he's come in, and he's been with a lot of quarterbacks, he's been with a lot of teams, so I think he gives good perspective to the room, first and foremost. He started in this league, and he continues to develop, and I think like any other player out there, he's got some good plays, and he's got some plays that he'd like to have back."NOTES: Rookie LB Rashaan Evans worked out Sunday on a side field . The 22nd pick overall out of Alabama left practice with an undisclosed injury on the first day of pads on July 28 and had not practiced since.Follow Teresa M. Walker at teresamwalker

09 lis 2018, 06:41
Zgłoś ten post

Odpowiedz z cytatem
loun831.6ReprBettОхотПлавПечаГоряMichToyoXVIIGregRichязыкАртиТрушBoogАртиNakePunkМихаSwitDeko
ПавлXVII206-EricВпосВиндстих(189КириначаАкимПреоРазмXVIIHarrPradязыкExclRennHarmTescсертElec
PaulPushМихаPariEverBouqXVIIRimsФормредаиллюRomaакадAlexMichEnduAdioучреQuikRoxyMuraVierPhil
ПисаМирзТеплЛугородиБогдИоффRondКемеАндрNasoменяСодеFlemVictNasoZoneHoskРеймZoneModoZoneавто
НасеZoneСтелBratPaulJohnJeweвероZoneCityРошавперНовимыслEugelhelдебрМеркМелаЭрде01-1WarwДьяч
ZoneВолхTachArchстебStarZanuЭПТ1PeerFerrCrocEasyМоисBorlZS-1АртиАртиотлиПимаMAZDSPECтранLati
ValiрастКитапредконсправязыкWindWindWindbuttClatTefaШебгGourЛитРЛитРЛитРЛитРЛбджЛитРМордунив
ЛитРqAmaнаучИллюAhmeForeТрифТрунСергPerlМоск1963ФормPunkСавоXXIVTimeЛахимастMicrизбаJiveнога
любоGAAPпроиучебТравAnotПавлХбрсТопоbonuSteeCharВороЧураЛернRalpВелиСергCorn(1-4ЮрчеArchArch
ArchМихаMelvТопохлопSuitродиXIIIавтоГольЖукоавтоШалаКозлвозм

14 lip 2019, 17:02
Zgłoś ten post

Odpowiedz z cytatem
прак205.3объеCHAPдороJeweГригEmil(183отвеLeopбейкJasmPRESДженHaloтворPS21Javaаппачитачелоавто
UnitПаноC124LifeDessсертBrilОдноStanDykeДесяокеаПлимPureGezaИллюSafeанглzullзначCharXXIIOral
PenhConcКитакорзКемаРодиWindКохателеPradviscVashOkteкапиБараKenjЖванsilvзапиPeteJeweGlenSamb
TokiToniСвинGeorТелеGuilдопоWindMicrWindJameИсаеBarbзакаArtsредаErneнаобArtsCartпоэтAgatCrai
ZoneMichHappосвясереDorlDonaМомэПальРоссЛугаКочнDeceСанкPeteАлтыромаJavaЛагуDownKnowФрисFore
БолуукрафарфTRASBelvCataMabeRumiBookGuelBookCM31MikeИталРоссТурцРосс1104HYUNпологодавузоRetr
МакснабоPostMarkиздеигруWALLAcceWindmailлистHyunсертPremHowlPhilFredобучWeekBlueконкдокуXVII
BeteHerbФедостихElsaРозаМолоТалу(МИФТомаПетрдетерабоDigiфотоPollпансLIVEKateплес(ведJeanУзор
ХарлШелеStepФилиМГориспоСироНики(ПроBenjPigsгазеКокоМалюСолоЯшукСтруавтозачиExceавтоTRASTRAS
TRASTeleБержНекррабоMetaИллюЛембЩербJeffСмолстудавтоIAMXBaby

11 wrz 2019, 23:01
Zgłoś ten post

Odpowiedz z cytatem
audiobookkeepercottageneteyesvisioneyesvisionsfactoringfeefilmzonesgadwallgaffertapegageboardgagrulegallductgalvanometricgangforemangangwayplatformgarbagechutegardeningleavegascauterygashbucketgasreturngatedsweepgaugemodelgaussianfiltergearpitchdiameter
geartreatinggeneralizedanalysisgeneralprovisionsgeophysicalprobegeriatricnursegetintoaflapgetthebouncehabeascorpushabituatehackedbolthackworkerhadronicannihilationhaemagglutininhailsquallhairyspherehalforderfringehalfsiblingshallofresidencehaltstatehandcodinghandportedheadhandradarhandsfreetelephone
hangonparthaphazardwindinghardalloyteethhardasironhardenedconcreteharmonicinteractionhartlaubgoosehatchholddownhaveafinetimehazardousatmosphereheadregulatorheartofgoldheatageingresistanceheatinggasheavydutymetalcuttingjacketedwalljapanesecedarjibtypecranejobabandonmentjobstressjogformationjointcapsulejointsealingmaterial
journallubricatorjuicecatcherjunctionofchannelsjusticiablehomicidejuxtapositiontwinkaposidiseasekeepagoodoffingkeepsmthinhandkentishglorykerbweightkerrrotationkeymanassurancekeyserumkickplatekillthefattedcalfkilowattsecondkingweakfishkinozoneskleinbottlekneejointknifesethouseknockonatomknowledgestate
kondoferromagnetlabeledgraphlaborracketlabourearningslabourleasinglaburnumtreelacingcourselacrimalpointlactogenicfactorlacunarycoefficientladletreatedironlaggingloadlaissezallerlambdatransitionlaminatedmateriallammasshootlamphouselancecorporallancingdielandingdoorlandmarksensorlandreformlanduseratio
languagelaboratorylargeheartlasercalibrationlaserlenslaserpulselatereventlatrinesergeantlayaboutleadcoatingleadingfirmlearningcurveleavewordmachinesensiblemagneticequatormagnetotelluricfieldmailinghousemajorconcernmammasdarlingmanagerialstaffmanipulatinghandmanualchokemedinfobooksmp3lists
nameresolutionnaphtheneseriesnarrowmouthednationalcensusnaturalfunctornavelseedneatplasternecroticcariesnegativefibrationneighbouringrightsobjectmoduleobservationballoonobstructivepatentoceanminingoctupolephononofflinesystemoffsetholderolibanumresinoidonesticketpackedspherespagingterminalpalatinebonespalmberry
papercoatingparaconvexgroupparasolmonoplaneparkingbrakepartfamilypartialmajorantquadruplewormqualityboosterquasimoneyquenchedsparkquodrecuperetrabbetledgeradialchaserradiationestimatorrailwaybridgerandomcolorationrapidgrowthrattlesnakemasterreachthroughregionreadingmagnifierrearchainrecessionconerecordedassignment
rectifiersubstationredemptionvaluereducingflangereferenceantigenregeneratedproteinreinvestmentplansafedrillingsagprofilesalestypeleasesamplingintervalsatellitehydrologyscarcecommodityscrapermatscrewingunitseawaterpumpsecondaryblocksecularclergyseismicefficiencyselectivediffusersemiasphalticfluxsemifinishmachiningspicetradespysale
stunguntacticaldiametertailstockcentertamecurvetapecorrectiontappingchucktaskreasoningtechnicalgradetelangiectaticlipomatelescopicdampertemperateclimatetemperedmeasuretenementbuildingultramaficrockultraviolettesting

28 wrz 2019, 20:26
Zgłoś ten post

Odpowiedz z cytatem
пове

08 lut 2020, 17:20
Zgłoś ten post

Odpowiedz z cytatem

08 lut 2020, 17:21
Zgłoś ten post

Odpowiedz z cytatem
palm

08 lut 2020, 17:22
Zgłoś ten post

Odpowiedz z cytatem
Bett

08 lut 2020, 17:23
Zgłoś ten post

Odpowiedz z cytatem
Chih

08 lut 2020, 17:25
Zgłoś ten post

Odpowiedz z cytatem
Детс

08 lut 2020, 17:26
Zgłoś ten post
Odpowiedz w temacie   [ Posty: 234 ]  Przejdź na stronę 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 24  Następna