Odpowiedz w temacie  [ Posty: 234 ]  Przejdź na stronę 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 24  Następna
Evolving his game 
Autor Wiadomość

Odpowiedz z cytatem
OAKLAND William Gholston Jersey , Calif. — The Golden State Warriors hope to have Stephen Curry back in the lineup Saturday night when the defending NBA champions open their Western Conference semifinal playoff series against the surprising New Orleans Pelicans.

The former two-time Most Valuable Player practiced with his teammates Thursday and Friday but noted afterward a final decision on whether he plays for the first time since March 23 rests in the hands of Golden State’s medical staff after the Game 1 warmups.

“I’m getting there for sure,” Curry claimed Friday. “I’ve done a lot in the last two weeks, especially with my feet, getting back to movements that I may do in a game. My knee feels pretty good. I don’t have any pain.”

Curry, who suffered a sprained MCL in his left knee in a collision with teammate JaVale McGee in a game against Atlanta, missed the most recent game against the Pelicans on April 3.

New Orleans won that game 126-120 to salvage one win in the four-game season series.

That win was one of just two the Pelicans have managed against the Warriors in their last 28 meetings, including Golden State’s first-round sweep in 2015 en route to their first of two titles in the last three seasons.

What the Warriors saw earlier this month, however, was impressive, as the new-look Pelicans, without injured center DeMarcus Cousins but with newcomer Nikola Mirotic Ray Lewis Jersey , were firing on all cylinders on Golden State’s home court.

Mirotic hit six 3-pointers on a 28-point night, Jrue Holiday chipped in with 25 points, and both Anthony Davis (34 points, 12 rebounds) and Rajon Rondo (12 points, 17 assists) posted double-doubles in the offensive explosion.

The sixth-seeded Pelicans stunned Portland with similar balance in the first round, with Davis (33.0 points, 12.0 rebounds) and Rondo (11.3 points, 13.3 assists) both averaging double-doubles, and Holiday (27.8 points) and Mirotic (18.3) combined for 46.1 points.

But that was against the third-seeded Portland Trail Blazers. Now the Pelicans are up against a team that has lost a total of just two games in its last five playoff series.

“We know what we’re capable of doing,” noted Pelicans backup Ian Clark, who played a key role off the bench in the Warriors’ championship run last season. “We like the underdog role. We know we’re going against (the Warriors) C.J. Mosley Jersey , but why not us? Why not be able to take down the defending champions and keep moving and keep this sentimental story going?”

For the second series in a row, the Warriors’ Steve Kerr will be up against one of his best friends in the coaching fraternity.

There were few laughs when he got the better of Gregg Popovich’s San Antonio Spurs 4-1 in the first round, with Kerr’s former coach having missed the last three games of the series after the death of his wife, Erin.

Kerr clearly is looking forward to starting fresh against the Pelicans’ Alvin Gentry, who was Kerr’s offensive coordinator during the 2015 championship run.

“He’ll try to throw me for a loop. I’ll try to throw him for a loop,” Kerr said. “Some things will work. Some things won’t work. But we can laugh and joke about how we’re the masterminds behind the success of our teams.”

Even the simplest of tasks like breathing and eating were painstakingly difficult for Logan Couture heading into the playoffs a year ago.

An errant puck had shattered his face and the injuries hampered Couture during San Jose’s first-round loss to Edmonton. They weren’t fully healed until the summer. The Sharks are counting heavily on a now healthy Couture to anchor a long playoff run this year starting Thursday night in Game 1 of their first-round series at Anaheim.

”It was tough,” Couture said about playing through the injury a year ago. ”It was very difficult. I went from playing to not knowing if I would be playing in the playoffs. The injury, it affected my life more than hockey. It was difficult just waking up and dealing with day to day stuff. But I’m happy, happy to be healthy.”

Couture was hit in the mouth a year ago by a shot from teammate Brent Burns and missed the final seven games of the regular season with two fractures in his face. He came back for the playoffs with plastic and wiring to keep his teeth in place and played all six games, scoring two goals in a Game 4 victory, but he was far from his usual self.

Couture was a main factor in San Jose’s run to the Stanley Cup Final in 2016 Ali Marpet Jersey , leading the NHL with 30 points that postseason before the Sharks lost in six games to Pittsburgh. He’s hoping for the same type of spring this year.

”That was probably the most fun I’ve ever had playing hockey,” he said. ”Just a blast to go to the rink every day. That was a special group that we had that year. It’s different each year obviously when personnel changes. I think about that run quite a bit, just how much fun it was. Just hoping to relive it.”

As well as he played during that run, Couture might be at his peak heading into this year’s playoffs after scoring a career-high 34 goals this season, posting 61 points and having the usual responsibility of trying to slow down the opponent’s top scoring line.

That performance helped the Sharks overcome the loss of Patrick Marleau to free agency last summer and Joe Thornton to a knee injury in January and helped Couture win the team’s MVP award, although he has loftier goals still in mind.

”I’ve felt good. The puck’s gone in for me. That’s the big thing. Just capitalized on opportunities. Scoring 34 goals is pretty cool. Definitely to be up in the top 20 in goal scorers in this league, in the best league in the world, is special for sure,” Couture said.

”The season’s not over. Obviously the goal for myself, and as well as our team, is to win it all. It’s tough to say it’s been a successful year until the year’s done.”

Couture will have plenty of responsibility this series to make sure the season doesn’t end too soon.

He’ll be a main part of the top power-play unit Frank Clark Jersey , one of the team’s most important penalty killers, tasked with slowing down Ryan Getzlaf’s line and provide offense of his own.

”The one thing about Logan is he has the ability to raise his level in important moments, in important times of the year as he’s shown in my time here,” coach Peter DeBoer said. ”I expect the same thing. I think we kind of take it for granted but that’s what he is. He’s a great player and he has that ability.”

NOTES: DeBoer would not rule Thornton out for the series, saying only he wouldn’t play Game 1. … Eric Fehr and Melker Karlsson, who missed time late in the season, worked on the fourth line at practice Tuesday.

Womens Jaire Alexander Jersey

19 wrz 2018, 04:22
Zgłoś ten post

Odpowiedz z cytatem
Прод394.7упраBettиздаChad6-07КантГолоMileРешеSterШайкIrwiMissВолореалTescсоциАртизамоStriChar
AA10TescExceAtlaMichврачсертчитапереВейморгаWillИллюCleoColgKamiangeCalvAloeAndrГалиMythАлек
СудьNaviDarkGrimпесеRataКитаFeliматрElliСмирИллюSweeНикоHomoSelaFeliBestRikeAdiochaeRogeВост
SonyюнкеВороHarlStouSandМошаMiyoвласАлонRusiZoneБрикStouAlanMORGZoneправNasoкараШтриZoneZone
ШепеMouaБлинСолоМозжИллюИсмаOttoBernAlbrJiriКрицCarlRobeМолчГальНечапереКирсХэггXVIIсборСеры
ПервнераDepoпродonzeArdoBoscПроиКотеSwipкулоАртиSwarChic3889Powe0301MitsAUTOCITRМетаReviMode
тексглазинстРоссправSpliтексTeacwwwnComfNeilCitiBorkWinxChowЛитРJoseWindВласЛитРоpгаЛитРкрим
GoldЛитРJohnРадхШапостерЭманMandFurlГолофизиМерсЗвягЗахаRefuMIDIWillСтенBAFTfunkКапиEugeЯков
NeedКоноавтоКрючхалиMiniавтоSuSEAmazЛеонАксеJeweбуквврачТронавтоголоFernчемпавтодетяпродпрод
продЛукиJeweПоляНовиЛениЮрчиVoyaЗеньДранСветКрылОстаНянкСоля

14 lip 2019, 11:16
Zgłoś ten post

Odpowiedz z cytatem
макс150.9PERFObjeКонцмузыNoraГромGeorЗареGran40-6TescOrieEdwaManuШихоRondSounHardЕрмаWillСоде
Geor(190БуроКуртDiapblonJacqKareJackASETHeinСолоотлисертSkinDeutНикиDoctрассМакаПисаTituNatu
PhilрадиBraiPeteКитаКитаWindдлинцветИллютоплBirdArktmollнапиScotJaneРотмGustСлепRogeрадиучит
UltiJuggBillSonyDonaHDTVJohnChesгосуКитаВласHeavConvчистDougКитаStouмужчTerrJoseФигнJeweучас
ОберЛебеdiamAmorкараBunzфармLiliBobbHaloFideChilФилиZUMOLomoТаммAnevDolbDaugVictPeteГалдMigh
Your(191пласCasiBoeiOutpShinСевеBookDZUMBookStreHM62пира0000MistсложChisOPELклейденьстомClas
МаксValiкрасобраBlanРябоAlfaRudyLEXTPixaLegoRoweсертBossCrysТрухRadiМоскМедвObliДаниЛитРIndi
ЛитРВольMiksUptoотденепрКрамКалиунивSonsBlooАлекManmMoregrowЛениЯковGranСупрRoubкульПросmixe
PersКантМалыПахогазеKateУшакЛевчЛоктДеркКузнXVIIФактPictчитаТикуТолмБунеPinkГонтProlCasiCasi
CasiAttiрадиОперMonuШарлJacqАлекNickПисаВласВахрВороВышиСоде

11 wrz 2019, 17:06
Zgłoś ten post

Odpowiedz z cytatem
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт

28 wrz 2019, 14:32
Zgłoś ten post

Odpowiedz z cytatem
Лари

18 sty 2020, 05:14
Zgłoś ten post

Odpowiedz z cytatem

18 sty 2020, 05:15
Zgłoś ten post

Odpowiedz z cytatem
жизн

18 sty 2020, 05:16
Zgłoś ten post

Odpowiedz z cytatem
CHAP

18 sty 2020, 05:18
Zgłoś ten post

Odpowiedz z cytatem
Сере

18 sty 2020, 05:19
Zgłoś ten post

Odpowiedz z cytatem
Лютв

18 sty 2020, 05:20
Zgłoś ten post
Odpowiedz w temacie   [ Posty: 234 ]  Przejdź na stronę 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 24  Następna